Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Now then Andy just havin a catch up with your development work in the station area and must say I think you have created a very nice scene and much in keeping with the rest of the layout well done oh Master of  Swad excellent work  :sungum:  

Twas a lucky ting dat I found dat unopened tin of OO Mojo Cream on the da shelf in da Shed Martin,  :boast:

I rubbed some on me fingers, and then a spoonful in a cup of hot water with a slice of lemon, and it seems to have done the trick, and now I have da Station almost done. :locomotive:  :locomotive:

Cheers, now all I need is ta find dat O Gauge tin again next week. :sungum:

Sorry; been reading Terry Wogan's  Autobiography. :no:

• Like 2

Very good Andy ...I suppose now that you've got a station your going to mess about with the timetable ....

Naaa, If and when I run a Passenger Service, they might stop, :senile:  but I need to fit the Signals first, and they've been in the cupboard for almost a year, :no:  :no:  mind you, the wiring is in place, so just some Looms to attach to the Signal wires first.

No Timetable, just run what I like, when I like.

Last night Pen Y Bont was re erected ready for a visitation by George T of this Parish tomorrow, before we go to DEMU. So with very little wiggle room, work on KM will stop until next week when, hopefully, I can get on with the Station and Road Bridge. With ''P'' set up I cant even reach, let alone work on my Workbench, so making up of the Viaduct / Road Bridge is on hold. 

Once the Bridge is completed I can get on with other small jobs like the front embankment over the Switch Panel and start to add small details all around.

It looks like KM will have a stay of execution for a few more Months yet. :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

Well another dose of the Blues and Two's has put paid to the DEMU and meet up with George tomorrow.

Just been relesed from Hospital again, after the Doctor at the Walk in Centre called the Ambulance this morning. 

Chest pains again, possibly another warning shot across the Bows.

I may be gone off for a while.

Well another dose of the Blues and Two's has put paid to the DEMU and meet up with George tomorrow.

Just been relesed from Hospital again, after the Doctor at the Walk in Centre called the Ambulance this morning. 

Chest pains again, possibly another warning shot across the Bows.

I may be gone off for a while.

Never mind Buddy, now PLEASE listen to all the advice and REST, REST and more REST take care Mate...

PS l spoke to Dee last night and we agreed that l would come down and tie you down to a chair if you don't listen this time ???

• RMweb Gold

Andy I've already told you once in another thread but I'll tell you again here - take it easy, do not overdo things, rest - PLEASE.  You've had more than enough warnings and clearly the medicos are pretty convinced that it's not indigestion so take their advice and not just ours.

Morning all and thanks Guys for all the best wishes, sound advice and warnings.

I really have tried to be careful, I only normally go into TOPS in the morning for an hour or two and rest / kip in the chair in the afternoons.

I think it was the extra bit I did at the Cardiac Rehab in the Gym that triggered off the pain, so again, as the Doctors have said, it must be done, but S L O W E R and don't over push on the weight lifting and Chest pushes.

I WILL BEHAVE. :scratchhead:   Promise. :sungum:

• Like 1

I was over there and now over here !

What I said over there applies over here too !

Take very good care matey please !

G

Glad you are feeling better now Andy, its difficult one day you feel great and go out and do lots of things and it comes back to bite you ,I have a problem that occurs without any warning so I understand how you feel.Keep up your spirits we all are rooting for you. Chris

You seem to have been doing a lot with Kings Morton and Pen y Bont recently, take it easy. Does Pen y Bont have to be erected each time you want to work/play on it, that might be contributing to your over exertions.

Rest and get well soon

Andy, just take this as a warning. I ignored the warnings aches and pains in my knees and hips, when playing badminton.

Boy, do I regret it, wish I had never seen a badminton raquet.

So, feet up, cups of tea and pieces of cake and, of course, RMW.

Derek

You seem to have been doing a lot with Kings Morton and Pen y Bont recently, take it easy. Does Pen y Bont have to be erected each time you want to work/play on it, that might be contributing to your over exertions.

Rest and get well soon

Hi Thanks and yes Pen is stored as 2 x 6ft boards under KM's Fiddle Yard, but I try to leave the larger wider Station half erected when I want to work on KM and that helps, except if I need the Workbench as it sits in front of it..

I can still run both with both set up, but it just gets a little tight if I have visitors, which isn't very often these days.

Eventually Kings Moreton and Pen Y Bont will be sold off or scrapped and then I will just do a simple larger version of Pen around the Shed, with a smaller OO layout to store underneath or incorporated full time into the Shed somehow.

Andy

The concept of a simpler PyB in larger space makes a lot of sense.  I sometimes think that Penmaenpool is going to be too simple but I feel sure that "little is more" will prevail.  Having space to run trains means that they can run faster and accelerate and decelerate at more like scale speeds.

I got my HO Southern Pacific GS4 out today as a display model but decided that that is as far it is going to go - for the time being at least!  Beside the loco I have about 8 more plus rakes of coaches and a mile long freight train, mostly bought in the 1980s but not at all bad stuff.  It ought to see "daylight" one of these daze but I have to press on with the current project!

Paul

• Like 2