Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Hi Andy, I am sorry to hear that your health is not good.

Ian may have a good point with Kingsmill 2. When Ian first had the track down and wired for Tidworth he invited a load of us for a play to test its out (I must admit that I didn’t realise that it was a mirror image of your layout). At the time it was just flat baseboards and no buildings. Now Ian stated that it was going to be NSE era based on non electrified lines on the Hampshire and Wiltshire border. I must admit the track plan would suite an end of a branch line in South Wales (circa 2000/2005), with class 143’s, 150’s and peak time Class 37’s with air con mk2’s. With a low relief steelworks industry at the back as a freight interest (classes 60 & 66).

Keep your chin up.

Cheers Nigel, Kings2 will be run with Blue period to begin with, but with the advent of a new 66 with proper lights, and maybe 150's and 158's etc, things may move up a decade and a bit. I haven't  settled on an area yet, but weeds will feature quite strongly around the sidings. With Kings1, I ran a lot of Northern and Central Trains 150 / 156 / 158 units, but I also like the Arriva Wales blue on the 158's, and the old Alpha A Wales liveries.

There is a good chance the Station will be represented but a single line, fenced off and running along the back a bit like Swad Lane.

post-9335-0-54952100-1532633999.jpg

post-9335-0-49905700-1532634019.jpg

• Like 4

A lovey steady day with George T and mates Ian and Mark, (sorry guys. I forgot your RM Web names).

Breakfast at Morrisons, then up the hill to the Club for one of our Friday Running days on the O Gauge, (we meet every other Friday, 9 till 4). They had the usual Fish and Chip Lunch, 16 of them,  but we were still full from breakfast so gave it a miss. I connected the Dornoch Branch up to DCC, and then we ended up with O Gauge Dapol Jinty, Minerva Pannier, Heljan Class 25, Lima 33 in BR Blue, and JLTRT 58 in Railfreight Red Stripe, a pair of Class 50's, one in Blue and one in NSE, and then an American Big Boy and another American Steamer, so a great session with loads of variety.

Back to TOPS at 1pm, and a small run on Pen, and KM, and then at 2pm called it a day.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

The Dornoch line has never seen so much traffic , must have been really good ... was going to pop-up to the club and  should like to have seen it but other responsibilities took priority.

A lovey steady day with George T and mates Ian and Mark, (sorry guys. I forgot your RM Web names).

Breakfast at Morrisons, then up the hill to the Club for one of our Friday Running days on the O Gauge, (we meet every other Friday, 9 till 4). They had the usual Fish and Chip Lunch, 16 of them,  but we were still full from breakfast so gave it a miss. I connected the Dornoch Branch up to DCC, and then we ended up with O Gauge Dapol Jinty, Minerva Pannier, Heljan Class 25, Lima 33 in BR Blue, and JLTRT 58 in Railfreight Red Stripe, a pair of Class 50's, one in Blue and one in NSE, and then an American Big Boy and another American Steamer, so a great session with loads of variety.

Back to TOPS at 1pm, and a small run on Pen, and KM, and then at 2pm called it a day.

Thanks Andy for a great day as per usual, it was very nice to see what you have been up to in TOPS and to take a last look at KM before it goes to its new owner, Mark and lan really enjoyed the visit too, it was great to see how well you looked as well after the problems you have had, taking it easy has really helped you to get better, also thanks for the hospitality shown to us by all your fellow club members at the club today, a really pleasant visit, Thanks again Buddy....   

• Like 2

Thanks Andy for a great day as per usual, it was very nice to see what you have been up to in TOPS and to take a last look at KM before it goes to its new owner, Mark and lan really enjoyed the visit too, it was great to see how well you looked as well after the problems you have had, taking it easy has really helped you to get better, also thanks for the hospitality shown to us by all your fellow club members at the club today, a really pleasant visit, Thanks again Buddy....   

Always a pleasure, :sungum:  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well NEARLY always, :no:  :no: hahhahah. :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

I hope to get up to you soon, and now looking forward to trying to do Telford in September.

• Like 2

This my friends will be the last Video from Kings Moreton, although I do still have a few photos on file.

I hope you've enjoyed the Videos, and I hope you will look in for the next little project, once it gets underway.

Thanks.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

Hope you will put a pic of TOPS empty it will be strange for you to walk into the shed and its empty! It will be interesting to see what follows small is beautiful is a good mantra .I am having thoughts about my layout and will be looking hard at it as my mojo has dipped,keep well . Chris 

• Like 1

Enjoyed all your videos and photo's Andy, good luck with the next project. Sure we wont have to wait too long, I'll be looking out for it with interest.

Steve

Thanks very much Steve, it will be a few Months before anything is worth seeing. I need to clear the decks and re organise some bits in TOPS, plus I have to wait for my Chippy mate to bang together some new boards.

Planning is well underway, with the Trackplan, list of Points etc required, and some bits already on order, so getting organised.

All will be revealed very soon.

• Like 3

Hi Andy, I am liking the latest pics and video. I guess you will make the most of playing trains until the layout goes to it's new home.

Cheers Peter.

To late Peter, The Stock was confined to Barracks yesterday, and so I had empty Tracks for the first time.

The Buildings were re patriated with their boxes, for safe transportation.

The Storage Yard tracks were separated this morning ready for the boards to come apart, as was Dore End from the Storage Yard, so just the scenic side to do, and a Club Member is coming around on Tuesday with his Dremmel and we will separate the main boards all being well.

• Like 2

Hope you will put a pic of TOPS empty it will be strange for you to walk into the shed and its empty! It will be interesting to see what follows small is beautiful is a good mantra .I am having thoughts about my layout and will be looking hard at it as my mojo has dipped,keep well . Chris 

Yes Chris, I will do a pics of the empty TOPS, It will be the first time it will have been fully empty since the  end of 2014.

KM was officially started just over a year ago, June 2017, and almost no work has been done, apart from KM Station since Christmas, so not to bad an effort for a lone worker. 

Watch this space mate.

Enjoy whatever you do next

Cheers mate, I always do, and something different to the one before always helps get the juices and Mojo flowing, I just need the energy now, once the Base Boards are done by my mate I can make a serious start, and maybe even a Thread. :sungum:

• Like 1

Hopede apart it comes to pieces okay but knowing you it will just slide apart last time I did it I lost my temper as it just would not move.How are you feeling Andy at least its not so hot now?Chris

Hi Chris, now that it's cooler I'm feeling a little less exhausted when doing little jobs, thanks.

The boards are held together with over centre latches, and aligned with dowels, the scenic are all finished at each board joint, and then a hedge or similar is used to disguise the join. The Tracks will need cutting at the join, and the ballast should separate as a cleanish break as I ease the boards apart,           I HOPE. :O

• Like 5

Hi Andy....

I would imagine that there are many that are quite happy now that it has substantially cooled and we've had at least some semblance of rainfall....I am certainly content not to be spending the time that I was sweating on the end of a hose pipe....happier too as well no one can find me now easily, having to search for me rather than just following the length of the pipe to find me on the end of it,,,!

Hope that the return of any substantial heat is kept in the SE....

Take care matey

Regards always

Bob

Hi Andy....

I would imagine that there are many that are quite happy now that it has substantially cooled and we've had at least some semblance of rainfall....I am certainly content not to be spending the time that I was sweating on the end of a hose pipe....happier too as well no one can find me now easily, having to search for me rather than just following the length of the pipe to find me on the end of it,,,!

Hope that the return of any substantial heat is kept in the SE....

Take care matey

Regards always

Bob

Cheers Bob, and glad your not doing all those miles to water the Garden at Arley now, after a days work.

And even tidied up the work bench.

I've also fitted the Spray Booth up permanantly, the last time it was used was at our Clubs open weekend last December, when the Sunday was cancelled due to Snow. I found it a pain, getting it out and setting it up, sometimes just to do a single wagon or something, so now I can catch up on a few little jobs over the coming Months.

The Blue Draw unit above the Spray Booth now holds all my Paints, and spare Air Brushes etc. and again, is better than the Trays stored under the Layout.

I've gained quite a bit of room on top, as this is the area where Dore End was situated, and the new Layout, Wa****r***n :O  :sungum: will not come as far down as the bench.

post-9335-0-87310000-1533128120_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-57710200-1533128206_thumb.jpg

• Like 7