Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

That's gone well. Maybe some polystyrene foam sheet needed to protect the ends?

Thanks Joseph, it will lay flat on the floor in the Lorry, so should be O.K, there will be some foam in between each board, and we have a very steady driver, I hope.

• Like 3

And even tidied up the work bench.

I've also fitted the Spray Booth up permanantly, the last time it was used was at our Clubs open weekend last December, when the Sunday was cancelled due to Snow. I found it a pain, getting it out and setting it up, sometimes just to do a single wagon or something, so now I can catch up on a few little jobs over the coming Months.

The Blue Draw unit above the Spray Booth now holds all my Paints, and spare Air Brushes etc. and again, is better than the Trays stored under the Layout.

I've gained quite a bit of room on top, as this is the area where Dore End was situated, and the new Layout, Wa****r***n :O :sungum: will not come as far down as the bench.

IMG_5260.JPG

IMG_5261.JPG

Warburton?

Warburton?

Yes, :superman:  another slice of the English countryside, in a similar vein to Kingsmill. :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Excellent guess, or well worked out. :scratchhead:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

I've also fitted the Spray Booth up permanantly, the last time it was used was at our Clubs open weekend last December, when the Sunday was cancelled due to Snow. I found it a pain, getting it out and setting it up, sometimes just to do a single wagon or something, so now I can catch up on a few little jobs over the coming Months.

The Blue Draw unit above the Spray Booth now holds all my Paints, and spare Air Brushes etc. and again, is better than the Trays stored under the Layout.

I've gained quite a bit of room on top, as this is the area where Dore End was situated, and the new Layout, Wa****r***n :O  :sungum: will not come as far down as the bench.

attachicon.gifIMG_5260.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5261.JPG

Crikey Andy - How do you expect to find anything with it being that tidy?

All the best

Crikey Andy - How do you expect to find anything with it being that tidy?

All the best

I've already looked in the wrong draws for things, still more room for rubbish now on the top,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or bigger Locos.

• Like 1

End of an enjoyable era, I can remember when you announced the major re-think and the curtains stuck....!!!!

Do you have a collection date?

I have the same problem in that after I have had a tidy up because I couldn't find something in the first instance, I later spend days try to find that same something as I can't remember where I had subsequently put it in the tidy up, normally it's right under my nose where I last left it....

End of an enjoyable era, I can remember when you announced the major re-think and the curtains stuck....!!!!

Do you have a collection date?

I have the same problem in that after I have had a tidy up because I couldn't find something in the first instance, I later spend days try to find that same something as I can't remember where I had subsequently put it in the tidy up, normally it's right under my nose where I last left it....

It goes on Sat 18th Kevin, 

Warburton should have Trains running by tea time on 19th, hahahha :scared:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

Not saying which Month or Year though.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

I've gained quite a bit of room on top, as this is the area where Dore End was situated, and the new Layout, Wa****r***n :O  :sungum: will not come as far down as the bench.

attachicon.gifIMG_5260.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5261.JPG

Where did that workspace fit into TOPS? I thought the layout went 360 around the room up against all corners?

Colin

Where did that workspace fit into TOPS? I thought the layout went 360 around the room up against all corners?

Colin

It's always been under Dore End Station, but now has more room above for the Radio that was underneath.

post-9335-0-46385000-1533161826_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-31076800-1533162005_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-63499300-1533162163_thumb.png

post-9335-0-33630000-1533162316_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Now that looks a lot better Buddy, you can now get at everything and your spray booth is set up all the time...

I guess the secret now is to...………………...keep it tidy :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The last set of pics from KM, as it has been made ready for shipment to it's new owner on Saturday.

Thanks for all your support on it's journey, and look out for the next instalment in my love of Layout building.

Thanks.

post-9335-0-90143100-1534373522_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-95299400-1534373637_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-43355900-1534373777_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-39498200-1534373880_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-63347200-1534374018_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-95697000-1534374117_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-42693800-1534374259_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-49822000-1534374373_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-36046400-1534374553_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-97090200-1534374682_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-43452300-1534374856_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-66398700-1534375096_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-91643800-1534375195_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Look forward to your next project..

Still think that double sweep of curves is majestic and impressive as it disappears into the distance.

Now to try that in O gauge?????

Hope all goes well for Saturday and hope the rain holds off - bucketing down here at the moment!

• RMweb Premium

All good things come to an end as they say.

Got to agree with KNP that the curves were the stand out feature of this layout.

Am eagerly awaiting the next layout.

Please do not make us wait too long - subject to your health of course!

Thanks Ade, Martyn, Kevin, Andy and Bogie, I just enjoy the building side of the hobby, so the next one will be a little different, with NO sweeping curves I'm afraid.

As a hint to the future;

FOR SALE = OO Gauge Blue / Railfreight  period, Locos, most Sound Fitted, and some 80's / 90's Rolling Stock, please PM with your requirements for more details.

No overseas postage I'm afraid.