Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Thanks Ade, Martyn, Kevin, Andy and Bogie, I just enjoy the building side of the hobby, so the next one will be a little different, with NO sweeping curves I'm afraid.

As a hint to the future;

FOR SALE = OO Gauge Blue / Railfreight  period, Locos, most Sound Fitted, and some 80's / 90's Rolling Stock, please PM with your requirements for more details.

No overseas postage I'm afraid.

Anything GWR?

Hmmmmm. Could always do with more 90s Locos for my (soon to be started) Layout!

Thanks Ade, Martyn, Kevin, Andy and Bogie, I just enjoy the building side of the hobby, so the next one will be a little different, with NO sweeping curves I'm afraid.

As a hint to the future;

FOR SALE = OO Gauge Blue / Railfreight  period, Locos, most Sound Fitted, and some 80's / 90's Rolling Stock, please PM with your requirements for more details.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As a hint to the future;

Not saying nuffin :secret: :secret:

Sold (well almost gave away), :sungum:  not really Peter, :nono:  some bits this morning to an eminent fellow of the Club,, and spent the afternoon photographing and boxing up the Locos, still about 10 to do.

Edited by Andrew P

God speed kings Moreton,

Look forward to that beautiful blank page ready to be covered in inspiration, creativity, humour, excitement, frustration and the usual rumblings of us ol lot to help bring it along.

All the best Andy, really enjoyed this one.

Cheers,

John

Andy,

I hadn't realised TOPS was that small! In the photos of layouts over the years it always felt bigger!

Dave

The Layout, and inside TOPS is 17.5ft x 8.5ft, so a decent enough size, like all of us, bigger would have been better Dave, hahahha. :no:

The Layout, and inside TOPS is 17.5ft x 8.5ft, so a decent enough size, like all of us, bigger would have been better Dave, hahahha. :no:

Andy,

My impression was based on the comparative narrowness of the centre aisle - that's a good size shed. Did you erect Pen Y Bont in that aisle?

Dave

Andy,

My impression was based on the comparative narrowness of the centre aisle - that's a good size shed. Did you erect Pen Y Bont in that aisle?

Dave

Yes Dave, and with the overhang of KM from both sides, I had only 3ft 6 inch down the middle, and so once Pen was erected, it was a bit tight, and contributed to my final decision.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yes Dave, and with the overhang of KM from both sides, I had only 3ft 6 inch down the middle, and so once Pen was erected, it was a bit tight, and contributed to my final decision.

Phew!!!

It was tight in the TOPS with Kings Thingy in place.

I thought you were going to say " I had that fat bald bloke Mortimore in here, had to get a crowbar to leaver him out".

Phew!!!

It was tight in the TOPS with Kings Thingy in place.

I thought you were going to say " I had that fat bald bloke Mortimore in here, had to get a crowbar to leaver him out".

And that was on a good day Mr M.

The Layout looks like it will be housed in a Double Garage, and the new owner will be looking back on here for ideas and inspiration, it may even get extended, and there was talk this morning of a MPD, so it all sounds more positive for the long term future of Kings Moreton.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Can I smell coal and smoke emanating from the Swad direction Andy? Maybe you could run the Burton line that went over the Great Central, we could run a loop along side the A1 up to Scotch corner and I'll run down from Edinburgh way, no one will notice and extra couple of tracks over the Forth Bridge lol.

ps any 16 ton minerals going cheap...

Edited by tigerburnie
  • Like 2

Can I smell coal and smoke emanating from the Swad direction Andy? Maybe you could run the Burton line that went over the Great Central, we could run a loop along side the A1 up to Scotch corner and I'll run down from Edinburgh way, no one will notice and extra couple of tracks over the Forth Bridge lol.

ps any 16 ton minerals going cheap...

Hi Mate, No, No and No. Pen Y Bont will continue with a Steam theme, but the new one, will be Diesel only.

Unfortunately the last of the 16T Minerals and Brown 4 wheel Vans went today.

• Like 2

Gwynedd Council charge for green waste so I take the Welsh rainforest clippings to the tip where a Boris Johnson lookalike even helps to unload the stuff. My son was offered a job running the fly tipping task force in Birmingham. He declined. When we lived in Texas the state would take fly tipped sacks and look for any evidence of ownership and prosecute. They also used the research to decide where to place TV ads for their “Don’t Mess with Texas” litter campaign.

Gloucestershire doesn’t have a recycling centre in the north of the county so have made arrangements with Warwickshire. They make money selling our stuff to a recycling plant in Coventry. Go figure.

Off topic but I’ll be at the tip on Monday!

Do you have a power saw, Larry! Sawn into smaller bits they can be fed into the bin when you have space.

Paul

• Like 2

I agree Andy, as like PM it's always good to see other peoples take on things.

Not sure if he is on RM Web Andy, but I could pop in next door now and then and see what's happening.

Nice to you meet you and the moving team today BTW

• Like 2

Not sure if he is on RM Web Andy, but I could pop in next door now and then and see what's happening.

Nice to you meet you and the moving team today BTW

Hi Tony, Thanks, I didn't see the going of you, I was probably to busy talking and drinking coffee. 

Yes, please keep an eye on our Malcom, I think Nick will help him get it sorted, I've put so many lables on there, telling them what wire / plug goes where, so all should be fine.

Keep an eye out now in the 7mm Section for my new Layout, Seven Mill Sidings, and my current Pen Y Bont in there as well. 

EDIT = Just looked at your profile, and your liking for the Blues, Were just watching the Stones on C19 / Yesterday.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Dear Mr Peters

I have spent the last month reading through your posts about the many and varied layouts you have built, and have enjoyed nearly every moment as not only do you create inspirational layouts, you do it all with humour, humility and a "warts and all" writing style that creates a real "author's voice" (for some odd reason, you sound like my Uncle Ron, who was a lovely man). Your regular "contributors" all help in that too (I am still chuckling at the sausage factory hijack of the Bitton thread!).

There were a couple of things I have not enjoyed as much ... your bouts of quite serious ill health (written about so lightheartedly by yourself) which made me quite anxious about whether you were going to be okay or not (although not half as much as for yourself, family and friends) and then learning - but a few days after my own 50th birthday - that you had sold King's Moreton! Why, I berate myself, did I not read a bit quicker (instead of sleeping, for example) so I might have been in time to bid for a suitably "big" birthday present?! There's a converted loft space just the right size....

Seriously, thank you for sharing all your posts, photos and videos, and wishing you good health and a long and happy future of continued, unpressured modelling. I will continue to eagerly await any future posts you upload, when and if you feel ready.

In awe

Steve S