Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Very good mate, coming on now was a good running session

Cheers

Bob

86902, that's 86902, yep, 902

Why do Y O U keep changing the number Bob?, :O  hahahha :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  Go back to being plain old B O B please mate.

Your Test Train did some laps mate.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Nothing done on the Layout since the running sessions on Saturday, but I have  a couple of mates coming around tonight and another tomorrow so at least I can have another couple of good testing / running sessions.

I may be off to Porstmouth again on Thursday to pick up the good Lady but not sure yet.

Here's the last lot of stills from Saturday.

post-9335-0-23474800-1505201241_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-96861900-1505201283_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-41841600-1505201331_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-12725400-1505201380_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-23111300-1505201422_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-41385700-1505201509_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-39696700-1505201591_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-95271100-1505201647_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-84005600-1505201694_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

I agreed with KNP - but then thought everyone might think I was agreeing about the ballasting.

So just to clarify - I am really impressed with those curves.  They just look so right.

I know you said the canal scene was one of your favourite shots but I think the sweeping curves and rolling countryside takes some beating as well.

Still a lot of ballasting to do......

I agreed with KNP - but then thought everyone might think I was agreeing about the ballasting.

So just to clarify - I am really impressed with those curves.  They just look so right.

Cheers Guys, yes now  the first Hillside is in and the Track there is Ballasted, I must say I do enjoy watching long Freight running through there.

As for the rest of the Ballasting, well maybe next week, I now have George T coming down on Thursday as I'm not going to Portsmouth now, and I've also got some more weathering jobs to do once my new Air Brush arrives. 

I also want to wire in that Signal at Dore End as well, but I've spent the last two days, plus today, walking the Dog and just sitting in the Conservatory Painting, BLISS.

• Like 3

What colour have you painted the conservatory? Hahaha!

Presumably its one of Andy's favourite colours - green or blue.   :jester:

Cheers Guys, I've been painting Welsh Mountains, They don't half take a lot of tubes of paint, ahhaha :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

Ergh, :O there was a GREEN PEAK and a GREEN TYPE 3 / 37 Tony, :sungum:  you didn't watch them all properly matey, :nono:  :nono: do 100 Lines, I must concentrate, :scared:  hahhahah

Ah - we got our wires crossed. I was refering to the backscene painting video. (Not to mix shades of green). Green locos, thats different!

All the best

TONY

p.s. Do I still have to do 100 lines? If so can I chose 2mm that should be less work!

• Like 1

I usually read these threads without bothering to log in so I haven't commented before but I just had to say how much I enjoy this layout and find it very inspirational.

I am one that follows the Rev Peter Denny's thought that OO guage is best viewed from at least 3 feet away so I never pay a lot of attention to the finer details but tend to stand back and look at the bigger picture. I think the reverse curves you've created really capture the feel of the railway scene almost anywhere in the country ., and looks terrific.

BTW , for me to say a layout looks good when there are diesels running, especially 'orrible blue diesels then it's got to be really good. Any chance of improving it with a few more steam locos though ?

• Like 2

Are you sure they were mountains and not hills  (those familiar with south Wales will probably understand that one ;) ).

Not heard of  one Mike, I need to do some Homework on South Wales. I've only ever been to Newport twice, once to the Golf Club for a Renault 5 Launch, and once to the Station Train Spotting, and a ride through to Cardiff and back.

Ah - we got our wires crossed. I was refering to the backscene painting video. (Not to mix shades of green). Green locos, thats different!

All the best

TONY

p.s. Do I still have to do 100 lines? If so can I chose 2mm that should be less work!

O.K. Tony it's me that got it wrong, now I understand, so NO LINES for you then matey, hahahh

I usually read these threads without bothering to log in so I haven't commented before but I just had to say how much I enjoy this layout and find it very inspirational.

I am one that follows the Rev Peter Denny's thought that OO guage is best viewed from at least 3 feet away so I never pay a lot of attention to the finer details but tend to stand back and look at the bigger picture. I think the reverse curves you've created really capture the feel of the railway scene almost anywhere in the country ., and looks terrific.

BTW , for me to say a layout looks good when there are diesels running, especially 'orrible blue diesels then it's got to be really good. Any chance of improving it with a few more steam locos though ?

Thanks very much Jazzer, good to have you on board and glad your enjoying it. There will be some more Steam Stock coming on again very soon no doubt,  maybe even tomorrow as I have another Visitor who prefers Steam, but for now, I'm afraid it's more pics of Blue Diesels to follow shortly.

Whilst waiting for Mike to arrive this evening, I decided to PLANT 4 Trees.

They are from the fairly new 4 Ground Series, and although a little bright, they are very nice for a small Tree.

post-9335-0-23273200-1505251699_thumb.jpg

I then sprayed them with a cheap Hair Spray, well it's no earthly use to me now.

post-9335-0-33240800-1505251740_thumb.jpg

I then diped them into a tub of Woodlands Scenics T49, Green Blended Turf, as recommended by Kevin / KNP / Little Muddle.

post-9335-0-13667400-1505251789_thumb.jpg

And this is how they came out.

post-9335-0-43133700-1505251889_thumb.jpg

They were then used to disguise the Farm Track exit, but a few more will be required on the embankment.

post-9335-0-16115900-1505252122_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-37078200-1505252156_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-05789200-1505252253_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 19

Hi Andy just been catching up. I do like the trees and the ballast is looking good buddy.

I went to expo and did my demo next to Jason and Chris. What a good weekend spent a bit but I have now got my mojo back keep them pics coming buddy.

Cheers Mark, I need to get to an Expo or somewhere and so we can actually have a meet up mate.

• Like 1

This evening I've had my friend Mike around, he is suffering from Dementia, and hasn't used his Layout for some years now, but still enjoys the Club and coming around here, plus it gives his Wife a rest.

This evening we just ran Trains, which he loves to see, but I also did a short Video of the 08 Shunting the Goods Yard at Kings Moreton.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

This evening I've had my friend Mike around, he is suffering from Dementia, and hasn't used his Layout for some years now, but still enjoys the Club and coming around here, plus it gives his Wife a rest.

This evening we just ran Trains, which he loves to see, but I also did a short Video of the 08 Shunting the Goods Yard at Kings Moreton.

Hi Andy

Very pleased to hear Mike is still coming around to play trains.