Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Nice video Andy :good: What magnets do you use for uncoupling?

Thanks Henk, I use the standard Kadee bar between the Tracks as in this pic below, but I haven't actually fitted them into the Goods Yard yet so the Video was edit as I manually un-coupled the stock, it's called CHEATING, hahhaha :no:  :no:  :no:

post-9335-0-78046600-1505288829_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Andy

Very pleased to hear Mike is still coming around to play trains.

Thanks Clive, he has been a great mate to me over the last few years, especially when I was Exhibiting, he would always be there, and enjoyed getting the teas in, talking to the Public and often using his Renault Scenic so that we could get the Layout and 3 operators all in one car.

Unfortunately he is a different man now, and you would see a big change in him, BUT he's a mate. 

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

great progress and I love the videos.

From the latest it seems you can do a full 360 loop on Kings Moreton with other trains happily running around while you busied yourself with shunting. Rather different from the last plans of yours I remember which implied a fiddle yard at bottom right beyond the KM station. have I missed something?

Colin

Hi Andy,

great progress and I love the videos.

From the latest it seems you can do a full 360 loop on Kings Moreton with other trains happily running around while you busied yourself with shunting. Rather different from the last plans of yours I remember which implied a fiddle yard at bottom right beyond the KM station. have I missed something?

Colin

Hi Colin, I don't think you've missed anything mate. The two Main Lines can run and I can Shunt the KM Goods Yard, or I can run from the KM Goods Yard to Much Dithering, so that can be almost a self contained Layout in its self, with Goods Trains going back and forth between the two Goods Yards independent of the two Main Lines, i.e a third operator.

post-9335-0-15883800-1505289590_thumb.png

post-9335-0-51761600-1505289601_thumb.png

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

No. 2036 (My Mac claims to have an English keyboard  but has $ instead of 'hash').

Disagree, it's not cheating but part and parcel of the 'fun' element of model railway running.  (Last time I mention spell-checkers, it even tried to change (this word), 'the' to 'there' and the 'it's' to 'is', is there no end to spell checkers inaccuracies?

Cheers, Peter

Edit  = no. 2039  'Confused dot com' initially until I realised that you had rotated your site plan with the track plan.

Edited by PeterBB

Hi Andy,

I haven't commented in a while but still following your progress. The layout is looking great, nice to see and hear the class 33 chugging it's way round while the 08 was shunting.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

At the risk of being rude, what is your plan (if any) for dealing with the gap in the back scene?  Or is just one of those things that cannot be helped?

If your talking about the bit behind the Dore End Road Bridge, it's on the TO DO list along with a million other jobs and WILL BE DONE before the Layout can be called finished.

Hi Andy,

I haven't commented in a while but still following your progress. The layout is looking great, nice to see and hear the class 33 chugging it's way round while the 08 was shunting.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter, Yes I hope to get another one for the Bagpipe 33 once SWD has some more Chips in Stock, I have a back order with them going back 2 Months for a 21 Pin 37 and 40 / 97 but they can't  get the chips from ESU at the moment. The one in the 33 is a Leggoman one but I don't like the Horn, you may have just heard it on one of the Videos, it sounds like a demented Goat being squeezed from behind, IMHO, but the rest of the Sounds are good.

• Like 1

No. 2036 (My Mac claims to have an English keyboard  but has $ instead of 'hash').

Disagree, it's not cheating but part and parcel of the 'fun' element of model railway running.  (Last time I mention spell-checkers, it even tried to change (this word), 'the' to 'there' and the 'it's' to 'is', is there no end to spell checkers inaccuracies?

Cheers, Peter

Edit  = no. 2039  'Confused dot com' initially until I realised that you had rotated your site plan with the track plan.

Yes re the room and Track Plans, it would have meant re drawing one for the post so I didn't bother.

As expected, we had a Steam Running Session this morning with John B, and the will be some Videos up shortly, and some Stills (turns out it was ALL Video) once there downloaded..

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Thanks Peter, Yes I hope to get another one for the Bagpipe 33 once SWD has some more Chips in Stock, I have a back order with them going back 2 Months for a 21 Pin 37 and 40 / 97 but they can't  get the chips from ESU at the moment. The one in the 33 is a Leggoman one but I don't like the Horn, you may have just heard it on one of the Videos, it sounds like a demented Goat being squeezed from behind, IMHO, but the rest of the Sounds are good.

Must admit I haven't heard the SWD 33 sound. Mine is a Biffo one can't say I noticed the horn sounding like a Goat being squeezed lol  I have another biffo one to fit into my 33202 it's the latest drivelock version so will be interesting to see how it sounds.

All the best Peter.

• Like 2

Must admit I haven't heard the SWD 33 sound. Mine is a Biffo one can't say I noticed the horn sounding like a Goat being squeezed lol  I have another biffo one to fit into my 33202 it's the latest drivelock version so will be interesting to see how it sounds.

All the best Peter.

I haven't heard his Drivelock ones, I had 2 47's re blown by SWD mainly because of the Horn, maybe it's just me liking them LOUD AND BRASH, hahah as I say, the rest of the sounds are good.

• Like 1

Hi Colin, I don't think you've missed anything mate. The two Main Lines can run and I can Shunt the KM Goods Yard, or I can run from the KM Goods Yard to Much Dithering, so that can be almost a self contained Layout in its self, with Goods Trains going back and forth between the two Goods Yards independent of the two Main Lines, i.e a third operator.

Cheers, Peter

Just to help Peter and others, I have flipped the Track Plan to suit the Shed Plan.

post-9335-0-50879100-1505316412_thumb.png

post-9335-0-60057400-1505316423_thumb.png

• Like 5

As usual really nice videos Buddy, looking forward to my visit in the morning...

Loads planned mate, if you can afford it, hahahha breakfast on me in he morning, dry bread and mouldy butter, ahhah

Who else is doing a hand stand on their desk so they can read the text on the drawing?

It takes a FORMER Essex man I suppose, haha

• Like 2