Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Please do think about prints the pictures are very good and would enhance our living room .  Chris

Thanks Guys, I'm meeting up with a Printer on Monday to look at what they can do, and also the costings.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Guys, Thanks for all the comments, and as for the Artist bit, well I wouldn't know where to start with a Kit or Scratch building a Loco or coach, so each to his or her own, and long may it be that way so that we can all admire the skill and dedication of others work.

I think I need a stiff running session after that. :sungum:

What exactly is a "stiff running session" mate? Actually I think I might have booked one of those next month. A whole weekend of it, ending in loading & unloading the layout from the truck.

That'll do it. Stiff as a board come the following Monday. 

Layout is looking truly awesome Andy. Plenty of atmosphere building up!

Regards Shaun

Absolutely beautiful pictures Andy, superb.

Al.

Hello Andy, As others have said great paintings, make nice christmas cards  ????

Thanks Al and George, very kind of you both, back to the Railway soon, hahha.

What exactly is a "stiff running session" mate? Actually I think I might have booked one of those next month. A whole weekend of it, ending in loading & unloading the layout from the truck.

That'll do it. Stiff as a board come the following Monday. 

Layout is looking truly awesome Andy. Plenty of atmosphere building up!

Regards Shaun

Thanks Shaun, and a very good question re the Stiff running session, I still haven't had it, :O  I spent the morning wiring the points, and the afternoon walking the Dog and then falling asleep in the chair, :scratchhead: still there's always tomorrow, or Sunday, or Monday......... :no:  :no:

• Like 4

Stunning paintings, Andy, especially the first one !  I agree with the comments about prints, I would be tempted with a print of the first myself !  I think I have said before, regarding your hand painted backscenes, that you should do prints - I am sure they would sell - both artworks and backscenes !  In fact, the top half of that first painting of  Bala Lake would make a cracking backscene itself !

Edited by andi4x4
  • Like 2

Stunning paintings, Andy, especially the first one !  I agree with the comments about prints, I would be tempted with a print of the first myself !  I think I have said before, regarding your hand painted backscenes, that you should do prints - I am sure they would sell - both artworks and backscenes !  In fact, the top half of that first painting of  Bala Lake would make a cracking backscene itself !

Thanks Andi, Backscenes are a personal thing, a lot would depend on which part of the Country your particular Layout is set, (I don't do Urban) be it Cornwall, Surrey, The Fen's or the S & C, each has their own little quirks, so are far better done by the individual to suit his or her own requirements, and as can be seen in this Demo that I did at our Club, a backscene can be achieved very easily by almost anyone, and you don't need loads of detail as I do in the Paintings.  For example the first Painting at the top of this page took almost 4 days, at about 6 to 8 hours per day, whereas a backscene can be done in a few minutes.

http://youtu.be/SRWMBADl4kA

• Like 5

Thanks Andi, Backscenes are a personal thing, a lot would depend on which part of the Country your particular Layout is set, (I don't do Urban) be it Cornwall, Surrey, The Fen's or the S & C, each has their own little quirks, so are far better done by the individual to suit his or her own requirements, and as can be seen in this Demo that I did at our Club, a backscene can be achieved very easily by almost anyone, and you don't need loads of detail as I do in the Paintings.  For example the first Painting at the top of this page took almost 4 days, at about 6 to 8 hours per day, whereas a backscene can be done in a few minutes.

As I have said on my topic, this video led directly to my producing a backscene (only sky at present), which transformed Helstonish.

I would commend this "course" to anyone, and once again am most grateful to Andy for his "inspiration".

TONY

• Like 1

Well the heater is on outside in TOPS and so another 10 minutes and I'll make a start on today's project, not quite sure what it'll be just yet, (nothing pre planned for today) but I may fit the Sound Chips to the 37 and 40, or do the Goods Yard, or even have a running session, so look in later for another instalment, hahha.

• Like 3

As I have said on my topic, this video led directly to my producing a backscene (only sky at present), which transformed Helstonish.

I would commend this "course" to anyone, and once again am most grateful to Andy for his "inspiration".

TONY

Thanks Tony, I'm off to have a look at what you've done, sorry for missing that posting over there mate.

• RMweb Premium

OK I have just spent 39 minutes of my life which I won't get back watching the backscene video.

All I can say is well done John, not only with the wonderful first go but being able to follow Mr P's instructions. :sungum:

Cheers Andy for the video but please don't give away to many of the dark secrets of art or we all be doing it. :secret:

This morning has consisted of a Running session whilst doing some work on the Yard and Goods Yard, here are some pics of the Yards, (still work in progress).

Firstly here is the WIP on the entrance to the Yard,

post-9335-0-12439800-1508590769_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-77110200-1508590796_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-39046400-1508590829_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

I hope Andy you do not mind if I post this image because I do wish, like you, to encourage individuals to "have a go" at painting their own backscenes.

I'm quite satisfied with a sky scene and here's one at Port Bredy in its early days. It's easier to do in the early stages of construction.

post-3088-0-16092900-1508594914_thumb.jpg

Thanks Andy for your indulgence.

• Like 8

I'm rather enjoying all these hydraulics (proper diesels). It's progressing extremely well

Thanks Alan, I've just got another 43,Warship in Green to detail and Chip up ready for service, that will give me a Green 42 and a Green, Maroon and Blue 43, plus one of each colour 52, Westerns.

You can never have to many Hydraulics, hahha

I hope Andy you do not mind if I post this image because I do wish, like you, to encourage individuals to "have a go" at painting their own backscenes.

I'm quite satisfied with a sky scene and here's one at Port Bredy in its early days. It's easier to do in the early stages of construction.

attachicon.gifDSC_0004_01-1.jpg

Thanks Andy for your indulgence.

No problem at all John, a simple Sky is all that is needed when you have a backdrop of Building and Trees etc.