Show us your Pugbashes, Nellieboshes, Desmondifications, Jintysteins

Corbs

26 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Personally speaking, that has to be one of the best Nelliebashes I have seen .. makes me very tempted to follow your lead!  What was the Electrotren chassis?

Rich

you flatter me 😝 I strongly suggest looking at what Nile did (that's what I did!).

nellie runs on one of these https://fromemodelcentre.com/electrotren-oo-gauge-barclay-0-6-0t-ajax-in-lined-black-livery.html

Edited by On30runner
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, On30runner said:

you flatter me 😝 I strongly suggest looking at what Nile did (that's what I did!).

nellie runs on one of these https://fromemodelcentre.com/electrotren-oo-gauge-barclay-0-6-0t-ajax-in-lined-black-livery.html

I am struggling to find the entry from Nile that you refer to, can you give me a pointer or date?

Sadly, the loss of photos off RMWeb has particularly hit this particular thread - some fine examples of Pugbashery were single posts from their builders, so they are probably (a) unaware that their photos have gone and (b) may no longer have them!

Actually, I really enjoy this thread … I may well, over the Xmas break, start at the very beginning (a la Julie Andrews) and contact everyone individually by DM encouraging them to replace their photos (if possible) in the thread*.

Merry Xmas Fun!

* And that will be my good deed for December done!! 

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

All contributors on Page 1 have been contacted.

Fingers crossed that the Great Thread Restore begins in due course.

Steve S

PS

I am well aware that my own photos are missing - I shall be writing to myself in due course! 😁

Edited by SteveyDee68
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

18 hours ago, On30runner said:

Corbs said I should share this so here you go. This was very much inspired by Nile's Nellie/Polly bash, following the trend of putting these on Electrotren chassis.  I deviated a little in places, most notably, I added false frames front and rear, to give the impression of a solid continuous chassis, you can see the marked difference this makes between the first two pics.  The usual scraping of handrails etc was done to be replaced by Markits replacements, and I fitted a westinghouse pump to work inbound boat trains into the docks, should they be of that persuasion.  Rear sandboxes are ex Dapol B4 and the tank front oil boxes are ex Dapol terrier courtesy of DCC supplies who had a load of Dapol spares for some reason.  The rather nice Ramsbottom safety valve came from the scrapbox of James Nolton of United Mills fame (cheers mate).  I would say the hardest bit was making the cab windows round, they were treated to Wizard Models spectacle rims (barred on the cab back).  I followed the impression left by the original hot stamp lining and Narrow Planet supplied the plates, which retain it's original identity (the worksplate is Dübs & Co by the way, the fiction being it is an enlarged MNR Caledonia).  I normally go a bit further with weathering but limited it to the underside and the smokebox.

That's basically it, its full of lead and runs superbly.  In fact, it runs better than quite a lot of my more expensive RTR locos!  Final picture was taken by Rob Bough on Mark Pretious' layout "Merstone".  It has subsequently received coupling bars for my preferred S&W couplings.  Even though it was intended to be a bit of a joke model, I think it is now one of my favourites.  I do kind of wish I'd changed the buffers and chimney but it is done now, time to move on.

I have a Polly on the shelf...

And a spare black shell...Connie anyone?

268276759_10166302658280717_799603887458533083_n.jpg

272797557_10166322087740717_357036179756864703_n.jpg

275775922_10166462279690717_7044818774646962870_n.jpg

312178642_10167139479635717_4146865198581173819_n.jpg

I've just got myself a Nellie body from ebay on the strength of seeing your conversion. If it looks this good when finished I will be well pleased!

I've also realised that some of my posts on this thread were still sans photo, so have re-instated where I can remember what I put and where I put it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Barclay said:

I've just got myself a Nellie body from ebay on the strength of seeing your conversion. If it looks this good when finished I will be well pleased!

I've also realised that some of my posts on this thread were still sans photo, so have re-instated where I can remember what I put and where I put it...

If you go into the settings options from clicking your name in the top right corner of the screen there is a my attachments option. That gives the post details for every one with a picture and shows a thumbnail. Where there is no thumbnail you have a lost image, click that for the file name and the post text. A bit of a plod but I have now reinstated all of mine by that route.

Edited by john new
Missed out punctuation.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, john new said:

If you go into the settings options from clicking your name in the top right corner of the screen there is a my attachments option. That gives the post details for every one with a picture and shows a thumbnail. Where there is no thumbnail you have a lost image, click that for the file name and the post text. A bit of a plod but I have now reinstated all of mine by that route.

Thanks for the info, though it's a little depressing seeing how many are yet to be replaced! 

• Agree 2

On 08/12/2022 at 11:33, Barclay said:

I would very much like to see what you'll make of it. You are rather cleverer than I.

I have it in mind to copy your Dock Authority conversion.

Edited by On30runner
  • Like 1

On 08/12/2022 at 09:58, Captain Kernow said:

I have restored the photos of 'Dictu Prince' on Page 1 (a Brian Clarke scratchbuild).

Not sure if I've posted any of these up, but here are some more from Brian.

'Sedgevole' is a scratchbuilt Manning Wardle, seen in some photos posed next to Brian's scratchbuild small Barclay 0-4-0ST:

DSCN8214.jpg.a9d08db8ad3570cefd61f49289850d3b.jpg

DSCN8212.jpg.e3d35ac84bfe8f7f37fa36377e646584.jpg

DSCN8209.jpg.c58ced4bb85934477ef688a90221be49.jpg

A couple of years ago I was fortunate to win a Hornby Pug on EBay, which has already been converted to P4, with a very well assembled High Level chassis. The body had already been modified to represent the (solitary) example of the class with a cut down cab, which I believed worked somewhere in the Manchester area. The chassis was already assembled and it ran beautifully but was not painted, so I sent it off to Paul Moore for painting and weathering (saving me a potentially very nerve-wracking task). On it's return from Paul, it is seen here posed on 'Callow Lane', where it will represent a BR loco on loan to the local colliery:

20220622_113152.jpg.dbc08039604e06af9de3f28877b5ef2e.jpg

20220622_113204.jpg.e36b6543d4d6398d8e1cc27ff95fec27.jpg

20220622_113229.jpg.7695dc3d8983f8ddcbd4de8e74fcedd2.jpg

204 is known to me.
The cut down Pug, worked at Bailey Gate in Salford, I saw it as a little boy. I have my own version of it running on my train set.
Regards,
Chris.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, On30runner said:

I would very much like to see what you'll make of it. You are rather cleverer than I.

I have it in mind to copy your Dock Authority conversion.

Thank you that's very kind. It will take a while to consider the options on chassis etc., but I want to keep it true to the original. Mind you a cut 'n' shut of 2 of them could give you a mighty 0-8-0T but I don't think I could bring myself to cut Nellie in half ! The dock shunter was less of a dilemma for some reason - looking forward to seeing what you do with one (or 2? or 3?) !

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

18 minutes ago, Barclay said:

Thank you that's very kind. It will take a while to consider the options on chassis etc., but I want to keep it true to the original. Mind you a cut 'n' shut of 2 of them could give you a mighty 0-8-0T but I don't think I could bring myself to cut Nellie in half ! The dock shunter was less of a dilemma for some reason - looking forward to seeing what you do with one (or 2? or 3?) !

Make it 4

• Round of applause 1

Re the Dock Shunter and my lined blue one, I made the comment that, since Tri-ang had to add that awkward-looking rear extension to mount the coupling, it was a shame they didn't tool the body to cover the entire length, splitting that bit of extension say one-third to the bonnet and two-thirds to the cab. I did search for a spare body with the idea of extending the cab over the awkward bit but couldn't find one (typically I've spotted a couple on Ebay since I finished it) but never mind, it had already created enough work! If anyone else has this idea I'd be intrigued to see the result (seed-planting.......😃!)

• Like 2

Page 2 contributors all contacted, except @ahardy as the page referenced by @Corbs is locked and “archived” - I don’t know if that indicates that @ahardy is no longer with us on RMWeb (for undisclosed reasons) or it is simply that the thread itself is very old?

Poor @Corbs - he has this brilliant idea to start up this amazing library of creativity, RMWeb does a great impression of a dying swan (or should that be an ex-parrot?) and suddenly he finds himself receiving multiple requests to start putting things right! 

Hardly seems fair, does it?

So I shall publicly apologise to him here right now for what I am sure he will feel will be my continuous pestering over the next few weeks (I’ve got another 113 pages to check, and he’s almost guaranteed to have posted at least once on every page!) and only hope that at the end of it all he won’t consider using the services of @iL Dottore* to silence me!

HOURS OF FUN!!

* I’ve read posts by @iL Dottore - there’s always an underlying hint of nefariousness beneath the lovely modelling!! 😆

• Like 1

I feel like paraphrasing my idols The Blues Brothers when they were ‘putting the band back together’ to raise money for the orphanage (“We’re on a mission from God”) …

I’m on a mission from @Corbs

(Actually, I’m not, he hasn’t asked me to do this, it’s just he’s the original creator of this thread … I think you can see the parallel I am drawing…)

A public thank you to the page contributors responding so immediately to my email requests - and an acknowledgement to @PaulRhB for his very good suggestion to include a thread link in my messages, to ease finding the thread.

If anyone can advise how to link to a specific post in the thread, please feel free to advise me!!

Everyday is a school day!

Steve S

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

If anyone can advise how to link to a specific post in the thread, please feel free to advise me!!

Steve,

if you click the three dots top right of a post, and choose share, it will give you a pop up link with a url for that specific post.  You can then copy and paste that into a message (forum or PM) which will display a link for the recipient. (Edit: For some reason my iPad decided to change for to fir! I know its cold but really.....)

Thanks to everyone for restoring their pics where possible btw!

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 09/12/2022 at 19:47, Halvarras said:

Re the Dock Shunter and my lined blue one, I made the comment that, since Tri-ang had to add that awkward-looking rear extension to mount the coupling, it was a shame they didn't tool the body to cover the entire length, splitting that bit of extension say one-third to the bonnet and two-thirds to the cab. I did search for a spare body with the idea of extending the cab over the awkward bit but couldn't find one (typically I've spotted a couple on Ebay since I finished it) but never mind, it had already created enough work! If anyone else has this idea I'd be intrigued to see the result (seed-planting.......😃!)

I must admit I quite like the rear extension, I think it looks like some of the American switchers. On mine I have added a handrail to this area to make it look more like it has a function, though it would be a lively place to stand when the loco is in motion. By the way if I can find the spare cab left over when I built this I will let you know.

PICT1138.JPG.80c5bb041c4d58aecb19a7ee1401e017.JPG

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4