(ABANDONED PROJECT) Trewithen.

Andrew P

I shall be keeping an eye on progress Andy from here on.

I like the look of the scenic end especially as it has a river section, I do like to see one in a layout as you know.

Take your time though or else I won't be able to keep up.

Jim

• RMweb Premium

I see you have included a 3 way point.  I seem to recall you saying that you did not have success with them in the past and so you tended to avoid them.

Has something changed your mind? 

I see you have included a 3 way point.  I seem to recall you saying that you did not have success with them in the past and so you tended to avoid them.

Has something changed your mind? 

Your right, two things, one is that it's Isometric, and not opposite as the troublesome code 100 was, and the other is that I had no other way of getting the Platform length, with the run around and the Bay in, without going another foot / 300mm down the board.

• RMweb Premium

Another stunner from the AP school of modelling no doubt.

I bet you wish you could get the grass down on the layout as quik as you could in the picture . . . . . . Come to think of it, you probably can, unlike me who still can;t work out what colour grass is! :jester:

Good luck with it mate.

Good to see another Cornish layout, Andy, can't get enough of 'em! Also good old DC; too many go overboard with unnecessary complications when its not really required. Look forward to the finished layout in a few days time!

Brian.

For once I can follow one of your builds without missing the start, good luck with this, looks good so far. One question will there be a run round in the station (I can't see one in the pictures) or is this yet to be added?

Your right, two things, one is that it's Isometric, and not opposite as the troublesome code 100 was, and the other is that I had no other way of getting the Platform length, with the run around and the Bay in, without going another foot / 300mm down the board.

Hi Andy, we've had no problems with the isometric three way on CQ, it is a good space saver and IMO looks much better than the symmetrical three way. Surprised your not going DCC on this layout having just purchased the ACE controller. All the more recent (2000+) small tank locos are much easier to chip these days, some now are even pre wired to add a speaker for sound.

Still, you'll save a bit of cash. Nice to see a bit of countryside around the track, just keep saying 'less is more, less is more' and you'll be ok.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Wow!!! I,ve spent two days just fixing one of Dunsters signals (which seemed like a short life time)  only to find you have concocted a new layout and knocked up the base boards! Nice to see that they're not of the "Flat Earth" kind BTW.

Silly question... If Kingsford is situated on the right side of the shed and now Trewithen is on the left, where are the two fiddle yards going to be?

Good luck with this, so far it's looking very promising mate. 

Regards Shaun.

Hi All, Thanks for all the comments and likes,

Tom Yes there is a run around.

post-9335-0-80027900-1488408712_thumb.jpg

Ray, It's wired for DCC so all Tracks will be live, so any time I fancy adding a few of my spare Chips I can.

Shaun, your query about Fiddle Yards, Trewithen will be around the bend just like Pencarne.

post-9335-0-30174300-1488408902_thumb.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13

So you'll be on the look out for ex LSWR locos then.

Glad I snapped up a Maunsell livery Push Pull M7 before you went looking.

Is this going to be pre Nationalisation?

Hi Woodenhead, I'm looking at Maunsell Green SR Locos, I have one M7 No 42, and a T9, plus the usual GWR Locos including the New 14XX from Hattons / DJM. Then I have  a selection of BR early Crest, and then some late Crest including an Ivatt 2MT Tank and the the Class 22's, So just by adding a few Vehicles I can ALMOST get away with any period.

The ONLY ones I wont go for are the Mallacite Green Southern Locos, :no:  :no:  YUCK :O  IMHO, :nono: hahhah

• Like 1

Hi Woodenhead, I'm looking at Maunsell Green SR Locos, I have one M7 No 42, and a T9, plus the usual GWR Locos including the New 14XX from Hattons / DJM. Then I have  a selection of BR early Crest, and then some late Crest including an Ivatt 2MT Tank and the the Class 22's, So just by adding a few Vehicles I can ALMOST get away with any period.

The ONLY ones I wont go for are the Mallacite Green Southern Locos, :no:  :no:  YUCK :O  IMHO, :nono: hahhah

Despite what Graham Muz might say, I think the pre-war Maunsell livery is much nicer.

I've skipped the 14xx in favour of waiting on a railmotor though what started out as a GW branch with a spot of Southern has now moved right into the latter with a bit of GW.  I even succumbed to an SR green EMU which meant I had to move location from Cornwall to nearer the south coast.

I've kept away from BR period, too tempting to duplicate and do what I did in N and collect though a 22 would have been nice.

Oh and I also utilise single engine in steam principle, so much easier to wire almost like DCC but without the cost of the chips.

Edited by woodenhead
  • Like 3

Guest Midland Mole

Marvellous work so far. I am looking forward to seeing it progress. :)

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole