(ABANDONED PROJECT) Trewithen.

Andrew P

All these pics turn up early doors, you're not up all night cutting wood are you, the neighbours must love that.

'What's that noise?', 'It's Andy next door, creating his 3rd layout of the week"

I can see another tv programme coming up .......

post-20303-0-37867300-1488448705.jpeg

Yours

Anne R. Obinson

• RMweb Gold

Hi andy,

Looking forward to following this - plenty of boxes ticked for me.

The scenic run is looking great - If you have space, and I know a lot of people don't, it looks so much better to have scenic run prior to the station.

all the best,

james

Cheers Guys, Thanks for all the Likes, etc.

I've completed the final Polarity check on the Points this morning, so the next job will be to paint the Track in the Station area and on the Embankment before Ballasting that section.

• Like 3

Hi Guys and Thanks, and NO Ian, give me time, hahha.

As for the track painting, I will do some pics, but it will simply be 3 pots of Tamyia Acrylic Humbrol Enamel, (I changed my mind) and dabbing a brush from one to the other so as not to end up with just one colour, and definitely NOT bright orange you see at some Exhibitions. The Sleepers will be more of a Grey / Brown, then with some sooty areas done afterwards where Coaling takes place or Locos Stand.

Edited by Andrew P

Please share some details on your track painting.. Something I need to do and I'm not quite sure where to start!

So for the Track Painting I didn't use the Acrylics I normally use because the Bull Head Track appears smoother than the Code 100 and the Paint didn't take.

So instead I used Humbrol Enamel, 33, Matt Black, 62 Leather, and 27 Matt Grey. They were put onto a bit of old Plasticard and the Brush just dabbed from one colour to the next and mixing as I go. TBH it doesn't look neat at the moment, but once dry and the Rail tops cleaned and it's all neatly ballasted it will look fine.

post-9335-0-90870700-1488485999_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-74923900-1488486039_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33576300-1488486189_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

I like the effect on the rails. Something else I've learnt.

Morning Duncan, Thanks, the Rail tops will be cleaned today and then I hope to look at fixing it all in place and start the Ballasting.

Hi Guys and Thanks, and NO Ian, give me time, hahha.

As for the track painting, I will do some pics, but it will simply be 3 pots of Tamyia Acrylic Humbrol Enamel, (I changed my mind) and dabbing a brush from one to the other so as not to end up with just one colour, and definitely NOT bright orange you see at some Exhibitions. The Sleepers will be more of a Grey / Brown, then with some sooty areas done afterwards where Coaling takes place or Locos Stand.

Hi Andy, I see you've taken off like a rocket again!

Please show us details of joining the bullhead to f/b points. Is it reasonably straight forward?

Oh- you've probably done it by now!

Regards, Rich.

Thanks.. Looking good. I was thinking of spraying the majority of mine. I'm very carefully laying the track, getting the point motors working and wiring.

I've used Rattle cans in the past with good effect but my Railmatch Sleeper can won't work despite being almost full, and also I didn't want to get the Airbrush out last night and set it all up, hence doing it by Brush.

Hi Andy, I see you've taken off like a rocket again!

Please show us details of joining the bullhead to f/b points. Is it reasonably straight forward?

Oh- you've probably done it by now!

Regards, Rich.

Hi Rich, I've just used normal Code 75 Fish Plates as recommended by the man in the Peco Shop in Beer and they fit fine. Apparently there will be some special Bull Head Fish Plates out eventually.

• RMweb Gold

Typical Andy thread, two days, two pages (probably three by the time I finish typing this) :yes: and I already feel that I'm late for the party.

Nice start. I like the long run into the station with lots of grassy fields that you've planned. Plenty of scope for some coos to serve the dairy.

Edited by nickwood

Typical Andy thread, two days, two pages (probably three by the time I finish typing this) :yes: and I already feel that I'm late for the party.

Nice start. I like the long run into the station with lots of grassy fields that you've planned. Plenty of scope for some coos to serve the dairy.

Thanks Nick, Good to hear from you, yes the Cooos, DON'T MENTION THE COOOOS, I'll probably get them the wrong colour and someone will tell me off, :O hahahha.

Cows in Fields Inspired by Much Murkle of course, :sungum:

Hi Guys, Not Glue Gun Day, but UHU Day, I fitted the Neo Magnets for the Kadees, not pretty but they'll be hidden by the Ballast soon.

The Magnets.

post-9335-0-94977700-1488655980.jpg

And fitted

post-9335-0-27623900-1488656417_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-62024200-1488656450_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-58652900-1488656467_thumb.jpg

• Like 13