(ABANDONED PROJECT) Trewithen.

Andrew P

Andy, if the railway severed the ownership of land and access to it for that owner was denied by the construction of the railway, the railway company would be required to either pay compensation or provide an accommodation work.

If that comprised provide a level crossing then it would be a private crossing, not available to the public at large, and crossing gates to be opened and closed by the owner would suffice. There would be no need of a crossing keeper, signals or signal box.

There might however have been a telephone to contact a box about traffic. A "W" sign would be at trackside some short distance away.

The same would apply to a public footpath.

If there was a public right of way for vehicular traffic then the customary rules would apply.

Not sure on this one, so you might be able to clarify, did the GWR use "SW" (Sound Whistle) on their warning boards approaching crossings. The reason I ask as when I first started on the railway there was an original cast SW board on The North Warwick's line approaching Bearley Junction. This obviously being the old GWR route from Birmingham Snow Hill to Cheltenham I was just curious.

Cheers

Marcus

• RMweb Gold

Marcus,

You're absolutely right. GWR signs were the rectangular cast metal 'SW'. When I started in '75 they were all over the WR and other ex GW lines. Edicts from above more recently have seen most of them removed and replaced with the round W board. I know which I think looks best!

Paul.

Erm, is there something you're not telling us about mate ?

Just flicked through the TV programmes and found this .... 14.00 - 17.00

post-20303-0-11329300-1490972287_thumb.jpeg

How do you manage to fit it all in ? :)

Whats happening on 'T' today mate ? love the bridge....

Not a lot, I felf rough last night when I got in, (must have been that ENORMOUS bit of Chocolate Fudge Cake and Ice Cream from Wetherspoons in the afternoon,) :O  hahah or the Indian Meal when I got home :no:  :no: , OR it could have been the ENORMOUS BIG BREAKFAST in Wetherspoons in the morning. Pig out Day. :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

I've put some pics on Kingsford of the Day out. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/120051-kingsford-north-yard-and-depot/page-8

Edited by Andrew P

Andy, you should install a live webcam and do your own Springwatch.  There are folk on here would log on for hours and stare at your shed waiting for something to happen!

:)

You wouldn't like that when I've got me Shorts on and me lilley white legs exposed. hahha

Oh, that's going to transform the place!

I've cut the grass, taken the kids out and run the hover round. No trains for me today then

What's a Hoover? hahhah  (EDIT = Oh yes, Class 50), and we have an artificial Lawn so NO Mowing there either, 

Oh and DEFINATELY NO Kids around, Children, Grand Children and 7, YES SEVEN Great Grand Children, mostly in Hampshire.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Andy,

Which ballast are you using please, particularly the colour?

Many thanks,

Dave

Thanks Dave, It;s a 50/50 mix of Woodlands Scenic's Fine Light Brown and Fine Buff, I think the numbers are B72 and B73 from memory mate.

EDIT = To say that for the Running Line I will probably use 75% Fine Buff and only 25% Fine Light Brown but I need to try some first, like the area to the side of the Signal Box.

Edited by Andrew P

Nice Sunday morning lie in until 8am, then out and did Mum's shopping, back and walk the Dog, and then on with some modelling.

I've done the Bridge Deck and Ballasted the Main Line before Lunch today, so I recon I've earned a knapp this afternoon.

post-9335-0-70537000-1491141396_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-19514900-1491141444_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-77077300-1491141502_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-74495400-1491141563_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-05819000-1491141617_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Looking good and smacks of potential.

I can see rolling countryside with lots of trees and fields........

Thanks Kevin, I just want green muted colours and some nice Trees along the back.