(ABANDONED PROJECT) Trewithen.

Andrew P

I'm sure Andy was a presenter on Blue Peter many moons ago.  Here's one a made earlier...............

Cheers Mick, Haven't you guys noticed, :O  I have slowed down a bit, :no:  in fact quite a bit. :scared:  :scared:

AND Nothing tomorrow, I'm out all day. :O

Absolutely awesome mate. Up to your normal break neck speed again I see.

This is definitely going to be a goodun.

Cheers

Marcus

Cheers Marcus, Once your Cottage and Pub are in, it'll look better mate.

A little more done since Lunch, using masking tape, PVA and some cardboard I've made a start on the Embankment so that I can do the Ballasting on that section. It's also had a coat of Green Gloss Paint to give it a base colour and also help the Flock to stick when I get to that stage.

attachicon.gifEmbankment 1 001.JPG

attachicon.gifEmbankment 1 002.JPG

attachicon.gifEmbankment 1 003.JPG

Shaping up nicely.

Look forward to the next instalment.

A little more done since Lunch, using masking tape, PVA and some cardboard I've made a start on the Embankment so that I can do the Ballasting on that section. It's also had a coat of Green Gloss Paint to give it a base colour and also help the Flock to stick when I get to that stage.

attachicon.gifEmbankment 1 001.JPG

attachicon.gifEmbankment 1 002.JPG

attachicon.gifEmbankment 1 003.JPG

I love that last pic Andy. Out of "professional" interest I zoomed in on the bridge and abutment - proper job Mate!

There is a large low area alongside the railway embankment to the right of the bridge - will this be field, beach or sea? Whatever you choose I'm sure you will make a great job of it.

Regards,

Brian

Thanks One and all for your Likes and comments, It's moving onto Phase 5, now that the Track is Laid Wired and Tested. 

Phase 1 the Baseboards.

Phase 2 The Track.

Phase 3 Wiring.

Phase 4 Testing.

Phase 5 Ballasting.

Brian D, on 29 Mar 2017 - 14:49, said:

I love that last pic Andy. Out of "professional" interest I zoomed in on the bridge and abutment - proper job Mate!
There is a large low area alongside the railway embankment to the right of the bridge - will this be field, beach or sea? Whatever you choose I'm sure you will make a great job of it.
Regards,
Brian

Just Fields and a Lane Brian.

Like one of these plans.

post-9335-0-21023800-1490806012_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-73496700-1490806037_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Thanks One and all for your Likes and comments, It's moving onto Phase 5, now that the Track is Laid Wired and Tested. 

Phase 1 the Baseboards.

Phase 2 The Track.

Phase 3 Wiring.

Phase 4 Testing.

Phase 5 Ballasting.

Brian D, on 29 Mar 2017 - 14:49, said:

Just Fields and a Lane Brian.

Like one of these plans.

attachicon.gifTrack Plan First look 003 - Copy - Copy (2).JPG

attachicon.gifTrack Plan First look 007 - Copy - Copy - Copy.JPG

Andy

I noticed in the mock up pictures that there are two different road layouts, would it be the top one you are following?

How many phases are you envisaging?

Edited by KNP

Andy

I noticed in the mock up pictures that there are two different road layouts, would it be the top one you are following?

How many phases are you envisaging?

Thanks Kevin, Not sure until it progresses further, the reason is that he Level Crossing Gates I've ordered are more of a Farm Crossing  / unmade Lane than a Tarmac Road.

Not sure how many Phases there will be, at least 12 to 15 or so I would guess.

Edited by Andrew P

What about Phase 6...

...Grass :jester:

hat, coat, usual routine :sungum:

Hahaha Phase 6 will be the Station Building and Platform Lights etc.

• Like 1

Andy, if the railway severed the ownership of land and access to it for that owner was denied by the construction of the railway, the railway company would be required to either pay compensation or provide an accommodation work.

If that comprised provide a level crossing then it would be a private crossing, not available to the public at large, and crossing gates to be opened and closed by the owner would suffice. There would be no need of a crossing keeper, signals or signal box.

There might however have been a telephone to contact a box about traffic. A "W" sign would be at trackside some short distance away.

The same would apply to a public footpath.

If there was a public right of way for vehicular traffic then the customary rules would apply.

Andy, if the railway severed the ownership of land and access to it for that owner was denied by the construction of the railway, the railway company would be required to either pay compensation or provide an accommodation work.

If that comprised provide a level crossing then it would be a private crossing, not available to the public at large, and crossing gates to be opened and closed by the owner would suffice. There would be no need of a crossing keeper, signals or signal box.

There might however have been a telephone to contact a box about traffic. A "W" sign would be at trackside some short distance away.

The same would apply to a public footpath.

If there was a public right of way for vehicular traffic then the customary rules would apply.

Interesting that John, thanks, it looks like it will need to be an adopted Road then, as I like the idea of the Junction Signal and Box.

• Like 2