Little Muddle

KNP

My last Pannier picture of the day before researching how to build a buddleia.!

Paint brush bristles dipped in coloured sawdust would work...probably best to colour the sawdust with ink rather than paint is it would clump/set together, the main objective though would be to get the scale correct as the majority of flowers posted are way over scale!

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

No, Little Muddle is more realistic than that...

I would imagine the drivers are complaining about the foliage blocking sighting of the signal, and probably being told to wait for winter!

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 1

Plants growing out of mortar joints back then - perish the thought!  Such sights are very much a good time after the end of the steam era.

I will use artistic license and approach the subject matter with a sensitive touch......it will most likely be only one strategically bush with a light smattering of weed growth.

It will most definitely not look like some of the ones in the pictures I posted...... 

• Like 1

I saw this on the internet Kevin and I immediately thought 'wow! that looks just like Little Muddle'

attachicon.gifGWR Picture.jpg

Well thank you for that compliment it fact I was toying with idea of entering this cameo layout competition and just have a single line of track going across it just like in this picture (no point though) but rammed with scenery and a road bridge.........but I haven't so you can all rest easy?????

On 04/09/2017 at 18:17, The Johnster said:

No, Little Muddle is more realistic than that...

I would imagine the drivers are complaining about the foliage blocking sighting of the signal, and probably being told to wait for winter!

Thanks.

I've always fancied building a winter layout set in light/slushy snow.

Until yesterday I thought it would be difficult to model but whilst running a picture through the editing suite I got some of the settings wrong for a B/W picture whilst adjusting the brightness/contrast levels and ended up with this.......

1001.jpg.e36eb704ad1eff5974f5cb7f10a153e2.jpg

Need I say more!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 12

Still Pannier day here at Little Muddle, will be for a while as I took quite a few pictures yesterday so the show rolls on.

Like this picture because you can see through the cab and see the drivers outline.....

1004.jpg.a2727eb96dca15b99dbdc71bb07b6b49.jpg

Still working on ideas for the buddleia plant......

Edited by KNP
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Still Pannier day here at Little Muddle, will be for a while as I took quite a few pictures yesterday so the show rolls on.

Like this picture because you can see through the cab and see the drivers outline.....

attachicon.gif1004.jpg

Still working on ideas for the buddleia plant......

My ex, who was a horticultural student back in the 80s, says that she was taught that Buddleia was known in the trade as the British Rail bush.  This was apparently because it spread along railways as the seeds were sucked along in by passing trains.

I have no idea if this is true, but there is an awful lot of it about on railway property!

• RMweb Premium

My ex, who was a horticultural student back in the 80s, says that she was taught that Buddleia was known in the trade as the British Rail bush.  This was apparently because it spread along railways as the seeds were sucked along in by passing trains.

I have no idea if this is true, but there is an awful lot of it about on railway property!

The same used to be said of Rose Bay Willow Herb I believe.

• RMweb Gold

I saw this on the internet Kevin and I immediately thought 'wow! that looks just like Little Muddle'

attachicon.gifGWR Picture.jpg

Y'er tiz in colour - although from a rather different angle.

But take care with the signal - alas Trevor seems to have gone a bit wild when he conjured up that one so it includes something which would never have been seen on BR let alone on the GWR.  But at least there is a proper Western FPL cover in the four foot on the point by the signal.  And as the 'box diagram shows there can be some major pitfalls in copying the signalling on 'heritage' railways although a few of the signals themselves are extremely nice.

post-6859-0-73900400-1504609772_thumb.jpg

post-6859-0-71276700-1504609786_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Last batch of the Pannier 4612 pictures, literally.

1007.jpg.9989ee1575d72c86b218a5ab4625846d.jpg

1008.jpg.66cd4090d5ee94ca0264e095e633c51c.jpg

1009.jpg.f001361a69352e555c2976ce8b2d2b4e.jpg

Say goodbye to 4612 as she is now no more......

She has hung up her number forever, gone to that great resting place for loco's brass plates....

No!!!! not Barry Island...........?

Oh dear, put your hankies away........ all I have done is re-numbered her to be more in keeping with time period that this layout is meant to represent.

Tomorrow is another day, another picture, long live this little Pannier.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 18