Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

Make him a cup of tea.  Drivers always feel better after a cup of tea.  If that doesn't work, tell him how rubbish another driver is; he will, being a driver, assume that what you mean by this is that he's the mutt's nuts.   They are just ego junkies, easy to deal with really...

Edited by The Johnster

4825 now leaving station and heading out towards Little Muddle for the afternoon run.

980-smoke.jpg.f0dc72934091c484234a9b0f977c7273.jpg

A few passengers on board so not a wasted journey....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 14

Great picture. Question, what is the S for on the signal? Can I assume shunting? But how and when does that work?

Thanks

Hopefully my understanding of GWR signalling, though basic, is correct....!

The shunt signal allows a train to enter into a section where the main signal is at stop enabling it to 'set back' into a siding - in this case the creamery.

It can only move as far as necessary to complete the task and then must clear the section it entered ASAP.

Let's hope I've got it right and I don't have to build another signal..... :O

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1

I have no idea of the purpose of this picture other than it went wrong....

The umbrella of the lighting rig was clearly to be seen behind the trees so I messed around with fliters, changing focus depths and colours to get rid of it and ended up with this.

Even the fireman seems to be saying 'what the heck is going on here then...?'

982.jpg.58b3cfef08d9565116f7aff04bebe111.jpg

It sort of looks vintage in a strange way.....that's of course if you close your eyes, lean to the left and stand on one leg!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 16

On 23/08/2017 at 19:52, sjrixon said:

I hope it's correct, as that was what I was hoping for.. 

What signal manufacture is it?

Be quick, I'm  on one leg here.

It's based on Ratio signal bits, much modified.

MSE ladder and thin piano wire for the control rods.

Modelu finial.

And a piece of Bluetac at the base to hold it up as I drilled the hole to big for the supporting rod....

Here's a better view of it before it was weathered.

467.JPG.ccebd652903ffc64b31f42671f8d26d3.JPG

You can put your leg down now......no the other one I meant!!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 12

Ready for a busy day with the local passenger service just about to leave for the west.

The auto train patiently waiting in the bay for any passengers to board for the trip to Little Muddle

985a.jpg.15ab6c4db478ba82bf614bc8f45bd30a.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 19

Thank you for posting “Little Muddle” KNP, particularly for taking the time to answer the many questions posed by others. IMHO, your topic is like an on line university course for railway modellers, with a wonderful railway model, developing before our eyes.

Thank you for the comment.

If you go back to the first post people had to persuade me to start this layout topic, since then I have had great fun and enjoyment in posting, setting up scenes, getting some hilarious and the complimentary comments.

One day this will dry up as I run out of things to say or even do on the layout, but not yet.....

I hit like for your last post but on reflection that does not do that photo justice.  It just seems "so right".

Thanks

Sometimes changing the view of a picture by simply cropping into a panoramic type view makes the scene appear completely different.

Have a go with some of your shots and it's surprising how you can focus the eye into the picture.

• Like 1

THREE Locos? How about running some different eras, maybe BR, and early Desalinisation,  It will give you an excuse to run all new Stock and another set of pics with maybe some Southern Stock migrating into LM as John Flann has done with Port Bredy and Hintock.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

How about running some different eras, maybe BR,

That would work well and I use a '57 period myself on ANTB to ring the changes. There's some gorgeous rtr rolling stock for all regions available.

• Like 1

That would work well and I use a '57 period myself on ANTB to ring the changes. There's some gorgeous rtr rolling stock for all regions available.

Oooo Black Prairie / Early Crest, Carmine and Cream Coaches, N I C E  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Blimey, I seemed to have started something here with that throw away remark........

I like the idea of another period with some of those green looking things with no funnels - I believe they are called diesels.

Like this

post-8925-0-45959000-1503596466.jpg

It's real isn't it, well my grandson says it is!

I will look into that and pass the hat around for suitable donations....!!!!????....

Edited by KNP

Blimey, I seemed to have started something here with that through away remark........

I like the idea of another period with some of those green looking things with no funnels - I believe they are called diesels.

Like this

attachicon.gif25779.jpg

It's real isn't it, well my grandson says it is!

I will look into that and pass the hat around for suitable donations....!!!!????....

Pity you don't live nearer Kevin, I'm up to 74 Locos now, FAR TO MANY for my little Train Set, but I can and DO run different eras, this weekend it will be MR / BR Std's, Steam and Diesels I expect.