Little Muddle

KNP

Like the sign telling people to use the bridge.

The signs do add a little bit of nostalgia John, they are all cast replica signs provided by The Friends of Crediton Station.

Grahame

• Like 2

Being such a nice day the Squadron Leader decided it provided an excellent opportunity to do some aerial photography.

So wheeling his old trusted Sopwith out for a change he had a meander around the skies for some pre-arranged close up shots of the motive fleet that currently runs around Little Muddle.

Quite how close he got is subject to some debate but the City Gent had his hat blown off and Miss Grey actually stopped moaning at her mum.....just for a few moments!

attachicon.gif1287.jpg

attachicon.gif1288.jpg

attachicon.gif1289.jpg

attachicon.gif1290.jpg

and off course you mustn't forget the railcar

attachicon.gif1301.jpg

Agh yes, the old Sopwith Camel, wonderful days, :sungum:  and to even have the benefit of a Digital Colour Camera as well! :O :no:   is there no end to that mans talents? :angel:

Pics do look stunning though Kevin, it's always a treat to see more details with every set of pics.

Thanks.

Edited by Andrew P

Morning Kevin. I, like all on this thread are also gob smacked by your layout. Pure art knitted with great photography and what you see in your minds eye shared with us.

Accredit well due to you sir. Also your new avatar, it actually looks like you're looking at the photo's and or script from the top corner, overseeing it all as it were.

Will continue to drawl,

TX

• Like 3

Morning Kevin. I, like all on this thread are also gob smacked by your layout. Pure art knitted with great photography and what you see in your minds eye shared with us.

Accredit well due to you sir. Also your new avatar, it actually looks like you're looking at the photo's and or script from the top corner, overseeing it all as it were.

Will continue to drawl,

TX

Tassie, where have you been these past 2 years?

The viaduct area of Little Muddle continues to be to be one of my favorite areas of my layout for photographing the rolling stock but there is a structure that probably gets noticed at the back but not much attention paid to it.

It is the small footbridge behind the viaduct itself.

SFB3.jpg.4b0807b393be3735e91047a5bbda95b7.jpg

So sorry but I had to disturb the Colonels wife but I needed a close so I hope I didn't disturbed her concentration to much!!!

SFB1.jpg.2e5a6721db03903d2ce046fb3374b88f.jpg

The bridge, like most of my structures, is removable so here it is in close up for the first time.

SFB2.jpg.ba99cc7d2fd417b4fa3144367c9910d7.jpg

It is built from plastic rod and strip and was designed for one specific purpose......

Concealment!

Concealment of what I hear you ask.

Well let me tell you a story......

When the module containing the stream was first built I decided to use a piece of clear Perspex I had left over in the garage but it wasn't quite long enough.

So being a skinflint I lined it up at the front profile but it left a gap at the rear where it joined the backscene, many ideas where considered until I come up with the small footbridge idea.

This is the gap it hides

P1080002.JPG.2ab1757bcff7470e6839c869f39d4b84.JPG

Not much I know but I could see it every time I looked at that area and of course any pictures I took highlighted these areas as it concentrated the viewpoint - so something had to be done!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 10

Will continue to drawl,

TX

Good morning to you (well it is here!)

Thank you for your comments, much appreciated and I must say I hadn't noticed how my avatar appears to be overseeing the whole process....I just liked the angle of the picture!

• Like 1

Whilst taking the earlier pictures I also took an up to date one of the B set with the window removed and filled in.

B1.jpg.7c7f3844517b09a894c3325f7b8e7cd7.jpg

Body still perched on chassis as I plan to add some passengers and flush glazing so need access to the interior.

Don't have anything at present but hope to get something at Railex.

Trees have gone, wonder why?

Edited by KNP
  • Like 15

So sorry but I had to disturb the Colonels wife but I needed a close so I hope I didn't disturbed her concentration to much!!!

attachicon.gifSFB1.jpg

I've been trying for a long time to find something to criticise :devil: and now I can say that I mistook the river for a road and wondered why the Colonel's lady was holding a fishing rod.  Ok - it's probably my eyesight but I felt that it could look more "rivery" :)

On 24/05/2018 at 17:03, MikeOxon said:

I've been trying for a long time to find something to criticise :devil: and now I can say that I mistook the river for a road and wondered why the Colonel's lady was holding a fishing rod.  Ok - it's probably my eyesight but I felt that it could look more "rivery" :)

That's all right, might explain why you get wet feet when you go for a drive!!!

It was a still day,

not a breath of air was to be felt,

the stream was as still as a mill pond,

not a ripple to be seen..........

I have mulled it over a few times to apply a PVA ripple to the surface?

Similar to what I did on the recent CBC Cold!

C1.jpg.5202d7d85e9eab7d2555aa8d4515b6fd.jpg

It worked for Cold!, but and it's a big but, it would be all or nothing approach for this stream because if it didn't work then.....?

It could become a road of course....

The nervous jury is still out so it stays as is until I pluck up the courage to take the plunge (and I don't mean into the stream so please don't take that literally!)

Edited by KNP
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

...an obviously very high speed Prairie 'express' appears and then is gone.......?

Slower than prairies, slower than panniers,

Bridges and houses, Chuchwards and Stanniers;

And ambling along like steeds on a ranch,

All through the meadows the train on the branch.

All the sights of the hill and the plain,

Pass by softly like misty rain.

And ever again, in 40 winks,

Lineside pubs are serving drinks.

Here is the Colonel, fishing for sharks,

All by himself, casting in arcs.

Here is a salt, long left the sea,

Tales to tell those who pass by the quay.

There's Kev & Doug, chatting away

Watching the spuds as they gently sway

And here is a mill and there is a river,

Captured perfectly and preserved for ever.

• Like 10

And to think I still have 17 more pictures in the folder of the Mogul that haven't been posted yet........!!!!

So

I know who you are....

I don't know want you want....

If you are looking for more Mogul pictures, I can tell you that I still have many....

What I do have is a set of skills....

Skills I have acquired over a long while....

Skills that can edit pictures for placing on this forum....

If you let me post them, then that will be the end of it...

I will not look for you...

I will not pursue you....

But, if you don't

I will search the internet for you.

I will find you

and

I will post those Mogul pictures just for you!

• Like 4

Kevin,

A gentle suggestion, if I may; your mogul’s crew will thank you for a fall plate betwixt loco and tender. Maybe when you’re fitting the motor and decoder....

:)

Simon

Edited by Simond

• RMweb Premium

Kevin,

A gentle suggestion, if I may; your mogul’s crew will thank you for a fall plate betwixt loco and tender. Maybe when you’re fitting the motor and decoder....

:)

Simon

Nah, they won't need one. They'll be glued down...

• Like 1