Little Muddle

KNP

A close up of the B set, ignore the gap between the chassis and the body as it has just been lifted into place and not fixed.

Painted the inside cream to lighten.

IMG_0110.JPG.5c0163cebc17d514f8d258a87e7fc426.JPG

Another advantages of taking pictures is that I have noticed one of the point rod joints has broken...

EDIT

I can now confirm services are back to normal as I have just been up to the railway room and fixed the broken point rodding by gluing it back together.....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

You've obviously been to Specsavers; I can't see any break and that's with my nose pressed against the screen!

I really do wish I had just 1% of your flair for scenery.

Kevin it amazes me how for such a small layout you can find so many different scenes to take photographs of and every time I see a new scene I keep thinking where abouts is that location . I'm sure that somewhere along the line Dr Who has had some hand in the construction as the whole layout is like a Tardis or a master piece on 'forced perspective..... really enjoying the continuing story of Little Muddle.  :sungum:  

• Like 1

You've obviously been to Specsavers; I can't see any break and that's with my nose pressed against the screen!

I really do wish I had just 1% of your flair for scenery.

Me too Ray, it's superb, isn't it.

AND I cant see a break either.

For those of you that haven't been to Specsavers I have clearly marked the broken point rodding for you for clarity.

For those of you that are still struggling to see it, it is the wobbly circle in RED.

For those of you that have been to Specsavers but still can't see it.......I give up!

InkedIMG_0110_LI.jpg.f972b2d263040a8afb187e6823e8483d.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2

For those of you that haven't been to Specsavers I have clearly marked the broken point rodding for you for clarity.

For those of you that are still struggling to see it, it is the wobbly circle in RED.

For those of you that have been to Specsavers but still can't see it.......I give up!

attachicon.gifInkedIMG_0110_LI.jpg

Wot Red circle? :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifInkedIMG_0110_LI.jpg

Oh, that bit - I just thought the Red Cows had been trampling over the tracks again.

Oh, that bit - I just thought the Red Cows had been trampling over the tracks again.

If they had I bet they would have looked the udder way........!!!!!!

• Like 1

I find these are great for track inspections:

post-19820-0-76555000-1526668606.jpg

EDIT - this is meant seriously - they are special close-focus binoculars that really do allow careful inspection of track details :)

Edited by MikeOxon

• RMweb Premium

Read the whole darn lot over the past few weeks, the card buildings are the best I’ve seen, the whole layout is an amazing feat. Something to aspire to. Many photos look like the real thing so a credit to your shutter pressing skills to.

I’ll keep following see what else develops.

Cheers

Ade

Oh dear- it’s pointroddinggate

I was glazing over, but then so will the B-set soon, we hope.

With that broken joint it would have been pointless......!

I plan to get a couple of glazing sets for these coaches from Shawplan, hopefully at Railex.

Down on the farm all is quiet.....

Stepping out of the front door of Middle Farm farmer Jack stretches his arms and looks across to the barn.

1306.jpg.40f99d8d2437cfa620a5dfa7942d9782.jpg

What do I do now, watch the telly, clean the tractor or tend to the pigs.

No competition, so walking around the farmhouse, Jack heads to the pig sty

1307.jpg.d9247c126525424ebf5cdd26315d1687.jpg

Arriving there not one of the pigs was to be seen......

1308.jpg.95afe34bbaa228a0d0b766a91b46d44c.jpg

Now what, where have they gone?

Edited by KNP
  • Like 17

Poor old Jack can't find those pigs so hearing a train approaching he ran up to the crossing to see if they had gone train spotting!

attachicon.gif1310.jpg

Nope, they weren't there.........

Where can they be?

In my Bacon Buttie maybe? :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

With that broken joint it would have been pointless......!

I plan to get a couple of glazing sets for these coaches from Shawplan, hopefully at Railex.

Don't forget to fill in the window in the brake compartment on the left hand vehicle, the one between the guard's door and the passenger compartment next door.  The one opposite lights the guard's desk and cubby holes, and is correct.

• RMweb Gold

Down on the farm all is quiet.....

Stepping out of the front door of Middle Farm farmer Jack stretches his arms and looks across to the barn.

attachicon.gif1306.jpg

What do I do now, watch the telly, clean the tractor or tend to the pigs.

No competition, so walking around the farmhouse, Jack heads to the pig sty

attachicon.gif1307.jpg

Arriving there not one of the pigs was to be seen......

attachicon.gif1308.jpg

Now what, where have they gone?

He can't watch the telly in the 1920s.  He can probably watch it in the 50s if he goes to the Isle of Wight.

On 19/05/2018 at 16:04, The Johnster said:

Don't forget to fill in the window in the brake compartment on the left hand vehicle, the one between the guard's door and the passenger compartment next door.  The one opposite lights the guard's desk and cubby holes, and is correct.

Funny but I was looking at an O gauge model of this coach and was wondering why there was an additional small window on my model, I thought it might be a minor class variation. Was about to do some research but you have kindly saved me the hassle.

Just to clarify I have marked what I believe is the one in question A

InkedIMG_0106_LI.jpg.ded08aa2db88a57a8de9b9bf62cbb302.jpg

with B being the same window of the other side of the next coach.

Edited by KNP

• RMweb Gold

The BBC developed Tv in the thirties but it really broke through in the early fifties all over the UK. You would be astonished how many families rented their first Tv to watch the coronation in 1953

• RMweb Gold

Funny but I was looking at an O gauge model of this coach and was wondering why there was an additional small window on my model, I thought it might be a minor class variation. Was about to do some research but you have kindly saved me the hassle.

Just to clarify I have marked what I believe is the one in question A

attachicon.gifInkedIMG_0106_LI.jpg

with B being the same window of the other side of the next coach.

That's the one, KN.  I filled the ones on mine in with milliput as part of an upgrade and repaint that took them from the old Airfix oddly purple maroon livery to 1949-56 crimson.  I also binned the Airfix 'flush glazed' windows and replaced them with ordinary plastiglaze, revealing the overthickness of the body sides, but my idea, which I think has been borne out, was that the prsimatic effect of the Airfix windows was making them look narrower than they should.  This may be less of an issue on your GW liveried coaches.

The window mod is definitely worth doing, though, as it improves the look of the coach compared to prototype photos very considerably; your quality of modelling will have people thinking they are the Dapol 7mm version.

One of the otters from the Cotswold Wildlife Park yesterday asked me how as I getting on with the B set and would it run on the Tarka Line?

P1070775a.jpg.f89919d4b2d44d321117ecb8cf94b111.jpg

Well not to bad I replied 

A bit of weathering now done using pencil graphite to highlight edges.

The two small windows filled in using plasticard and plastic filler.

A bit of sanding, bit of painting, bit more sanding, then bit more painting, now waiting for it to dry before using some caborundum paper it to smooth it all over before deciding next move

So I thought I had before post a picture to keep him happy....???

IMG_0126.JPG.ced7a744cf8fdda3d0f865da3172fc09.JPG

Then bless me I walked around the corner and a penguin asked the same thing....!!!

post-8925-0-90449700-1526909740_thumb.jpg

Snooty looking chap.....I bet he's only interested in the overnight fish train.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 4

They'd be more than welcome down here Kevin, not much happening at lunch time...

Looking towards Execkiter

post-20303-0-76464300-1526912637_thumb.jpg

And the other way towards Barnyrubble

post-20303-0-81696400-1526912650_thumb.jpg

post-20303-0-15986400-1526912889_thumb.jpg

A.L.Ocal

Edited by bgman
  • Like 6