Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

And The Next Photo Will Have

NorthBrit

• RMweb Premium

A wild card:

Dapol class 58 with Peco HAA
post-7159-0-13101700-1497440518.jpg

The next photo will have an unfinished project (bonus points for length of time it's been a work in progress).

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

• RMweb Premium

The next photo will have an unfinished project (bonus points for length of time it's been a work in progress).

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

So that's pretty much any layout then...................

:onthequiet:

Where's my MTK 73 when you need it?

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

This is the first phase of a diorama based on Highbridge Wharf SDJR. It is a diorama rather than a working layout as I wanted to have a space to display my 50 year-old SDJR rolling stock, without it being shown up by the current r-t-r models. So you could say this is 50 years in the making! The shipping is two scratch-built SDJR steamers and a sailing ketch from a HMS Beagle kit

.post-14351-0-98527300-1497441579_thumb.jpg

Perhaps a more complete rail-served dock-yard scene would be good.

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Is this one big enough for you? Taken at York show 2017, the layout being Overlord by Chris Mead.

post-7024-0-87785000-1497519530_thumb.jpg

Anybody have a photo of a war time train not by the sea?

Edited by 96701
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

A Voyager please.

The very first train to traverse the length of Blackmill in 2004

post-408-0-56964700-1497688092_thumb.jpg

The same set performing the honours as the last train before if was retired in 2014.

post-408-0-84782600-1497688361_thumb.jpg

How about a steam powered push-pull set next.

Bonus points if it is not of GW origin.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

>  How about a steam powered push-pull set next.  Bonus points if it is not of GW origin.

Classic ex-Southern westcountry branchline set courtesy Hornby.

M7 heading converted Maunsell p-p set past Tormouth Quay.

post-11812-0-65017900-1497704052_thumb.jpg

Next  -  a 1960s/70s diesel equivalent of this type of train.

• Like 1

Next  -  a 1960s/70s diesel equivalent of this type of train.

Really surprised there hasn't been a response yet.  Maybe I should clarify the request 'cos I can't believe there aren't any photos!

I'm not asking for a p-p set headed by a diesel !

What I'd like to see is the 1960s/70s immediate post-steam version of a train like this.  In other words, something that would have been operating this type of service as a replacement for the steam-hauled p-p train.

I should also have mentioned that Tormouth Quay is booked for the Plymouth show next Saturday, June 24th, from 10.00am to 4.00pm in the Abbey Hall, CATHERINE STREET, PLYMOUTH, PL1 2AD

The p-p set in the photo should be operating, God & RDE Wonford Hospital willing!, along with a variety of other interesting and/or unusual stock.

Come & say hello (and take over the layout for a while to give us a break!) if you're within striking distance.  Should be a nice show.

Not very good scan of a not very good print of a not very good photo! Sorry there's not bus, but it's in the middle of the countryside in the late 19th century!

post-7091-0-81868900-1497776947.jpg

Next, a stone overbridge, without a bus, crossing a single track that isn't standard gauge!

a stone overbridge, without a bus, crossing a single track that isn't standard gauge!    Obviously the narrow gauge model workers are shy.  Looks like a wildcard is in order

I didn't mention narrow gauge! Here are three stone bridges (well arches anyway), crossing single broad gauge tracks! 7mm scale Canons Road at the Broad Gauge Society exhibition in Newbury in September 2008.

post-7091-0-04918600-1497883041.jpg

Next, a wildcard, as NorthBrit said.

I didn't mention narrow gauge! Here are three stone bridges (well arches anyway), crossing single broad gauge tracks! 7mm scale Canons Road at the Broad Gauge Society exhibition in Newbury in September 2008.

attachicon.gifDSCF6419.JPG

Next, a wildcard, as NorthBrit said.

I stand corrected. :blackeye:  A wildcard

post-31504-0-25022200-1497888720.jpg

Next   --  Something red or maroon that is not a steam engine

A D&S GWR brake van kit backdated to a freelance 19th century one, in P4. Now I need to convert it back to a GWR one, although it's not far off anyway.

post-7091-0-30226800-1497891453.jpg

Next, a 19th century wagon, or at least one originally built in the 19th century.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Next, a 19th century wagon, or at least one originally built in the 19th century.

This could be a tricky one. I'll bet there weren't many modellers in the 19th century.  :jester: