Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

There's a photo of an ex GWR big prairie and a North British Type 2 at Bishops Lydeard in Great Western Branch Line Album, but posting it would be:

a) Cheating

b) Breaking copyright

c) Not possible at the moment, as I'm 120 miles from the book, and my scanner isn't working anyway

Does that help?

:)

• RMweb Gold

There's a photo of an ex GWR big prairie and a North British Type 2 at Bishops Lydeard in Great Western Branch Line Album, but posting it would be:

a) Cheating

b) Breaking copyright

c) Not possible at the moment, as I'm 120 miles from the book, and my scanner isn't working anyway

Does that help?

:)

No!

Dad would have been appalled to see one of his beloved steam locos coupled up to an oil-box. There is a noticeable gap in his railway photography at the end of steam. It took him a time to summon up any interest in photographing diesels and he never was keen on multiple units. HSTs were OK. On the other hand he did log diesels in his spotting books, but never went out of his way to find them. 

What about a mixed steam & diesel double-header in pre-preservation days?

OK, I give up  -  seems that no-one's got a suitable photo!

Change of request to something much more straightforward  -  a loco, or train, at a location where you wouldn't expect to find it.

• RMweb Gold

Here we go - the first diesel Worcester had for crew training was a 33 prior to them taking over the Fawley - Bomford Bridge workings....but that only lasted for 1963 as far as I know

This was the only 33 I saw at Worcester in the 70s - a special from WInchester IIRC

post-7138-0-25668500-1490908839_thumb.jpg

So now lets have...a pannier tank please.

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This photo is now in the National Archive at Kew. It was found with two others in a house in north Somerset, identified by my father as by A.H.Malan, given by me to the NRM, who passed it to Kew where Malan's photographic archive is kept. It is of 2-2-2 Wigmore Castle coming out of Box Tunnel c 1893

post-14351-0-27050300-1490911145_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 4

A train coming out of  tunnel? I refer you to post #7 m'lud. But not claiming next dibs on basis of that...

Phil

Hi Guys/Gals     Just to clear up a little confusion.   The same question can be asked again, so long as there can be a number of photographs available, ie train entering/leaving tunnel   is okay.    

Repeating a question for a photograph of something early, say 1950s can be difficult to achieve and can cause people to not contribute.

There have been some excellent photographs.  Keep up the good work.

Hopefully Egypt counts as Middle East - a Henschel diesel and British semaphore signalling.

post-10122-0-71955900-1490913583_thumb.jpg

Right time for some lateral thinking perhaps.  Staying in Africa, the next picture can be linked to an African animal (but doesn't need to depict an African subject, necessarily).

Edited by EddieB
  • Like 2