New brand, new model - Rails Limited - LNER Dynamometer car

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Opened it up, very nice :) Box is a bit squashed in places but I'm not planning on sitting on it for 30 years and sticking it on ebay ;)

One query - am I supposed to be able to see daylight between the top of the underframe and the bottom of the body?

• RMweb Gold

Opened it up, very nice :) Box is a bit squashed in places but I'm not planning on sitting on it for 30 years and sticking it on ebay ;)

One query - am I supposed to be able to see daylight between the top of the underframe and the bottom of the body?

Unless the body is loose and you're referring to something else, the answer is yes.  See: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/121800-new-brand-new-model-rails-limited-lner-dynamometer-car/page-20&do=findComment&comment=3207965  (Just the first photo I came across going back through this thread.)

• RMweb Gold

Unless the body is loose and you're referring to something else, the answer is yes.  See: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/121800-new-brand-new-model-rails-limited-lner-dynamometer-car/page-20&do=findComment&comment=3207965  (Just the first photo I came across going back through this thread.)

Hmm oh yes. However I think the body is ever so slightly up at one end only. Not sure it's enough to worry about though.

• RMweb Gold

Hi could I ask you to post a photo up if possible and I will be able to say yes or know.

Thanks

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hi could I ask you to post a photo up if possible and I will be able to say yes or know.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

Of course :) I didn't think to take one until after I had carefully packed it away again. Will do so tomorrow.

• RMweb Gold

Struggled getting a pic - and as I said I'm not sure it's an issue - but you can see there's a bit of a joggle by the centre duckety thing:

IMG_20180726_070748.jpg

Morning,

If there is a bit of a gap at the bottom of the ducket, just give the bottom bit a slight squeeze in on both sides and it should drop the tab, that is in the middle of the ducket, a little bit further down in its slot.

Hope that makes sense?

• RMweb Gold

Morning,

If there is a bit of a gap at the bottom of the ducket, just give the bottom bit a slight squeeze in on both sides and it should drop the tab, that is in the middle of the ducket, a little bit further down in its slot.

Hope that makes sense?

The ducket is down - it's the section to the left that is raised a little bit (which also means there's a small gap above the ducket section?)

• RMweb Gold

The ducket is down - it's the section to the left that is raised a little bit (which also means there's a small gap above the ducket section?)

Carefully give the section above the ducket a gental squeeze down against the chassis as that should make it sit down properly.

You may need to gently squeeze the coach side in so it locates properly at the same time.,

Internal lighting is very good.

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_17d2.jpeg

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_17d0.jpeg

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_17d1.jpeg

I pretty much hate all internal lighting that has been added to RTR until now - it's always way too bright and white. But this... now this looks very good ndeed. That lovely warm - but low-wattage - yellow glow from the naked bulbs.

I haven't ordered one of these, them not being seen much on the M&GN or GER branchlines, but I have to say I'm now tempted. Oooh. Very pretty.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

I pretty much hate all internal lighting that has been added to RTR until now - it's always way too bright and white. But this... now this looks very good ndeed. That lovely warm - but low-wattage - yellow glow from the naked bulbs.

I haven't ordered one of these, them not being seen much on the M&GN or GER branchlines, but I have to say I'm now tempted. Oooh. Very pretty.

Paul

My layout is to be GE and I still could not resist the pull :D

• RMweb Gold

Eek scared lol!

Will give it a try :)

You will be fine and if you do have a slight incedent then I’m sure the repair person (ie me :lol: ) will be able to fix it without too much hassle.

Thanks

Simon

Ps don’t tell everyone that I’m the repair bloke........oh wait ... Bu<#er ;) 

Edited by Mr.S.corn78
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

You will be fine and if you do have a slight incedent then I’m sure the repair person (ie me :lol: ) will be able to fix it without too much hassle.

Thanks

Simon

Ps don’t tell everyone that I’m the repair bloke........oh wait ... Bu<#er ;-)

Oh I clocked your role as soon as you first posted ;) I'm hoping not to have any issues of course.

If I have to send it to you can you line it? (Runs :D)

• RMweb Gold

If I have to send it to you can you line it? (Runs :D)

You can do and it will be returned with all the lines on it ...............They just might not necessarily be in the right places  :paint:  :jester: :jester:

Edited by Mr.S.corn78

Interesting (to me at any rate) that Andy's image is larger than life and the dot printing of the grain is not visible. That makes it the best grained finish I have ever seen on a RTR product. What we could do with now are more grained teak coaches, but i suspect the printing alone is rather expensive and would make a Gresley corridor coach more expensive than most folk are prepared to pay.