New brand, new model - Rails Limited - LNER Dynamometer car

Andy Y

Mine has arrived today. Whilst I am very impressed with this stunning model, I've found a small piece has broken off from somewhere on the vehicle. Cannot tell where it has come off I'm afraid :(

Edit I have now found where it has snapped off and it is Part No.39 on the sheet :(

Edited by Garethp8873

That is correct. The BR liveried ones do correctly have the extra doors added after one twin caught fire at (I think) Huntingdon in 1953.

There is a photo of that hanging on the wall upstairs in Huntingdon Fire Station.

Stewart

Edited by stewartingram

Add my name to the list of 'mine arrived today and it's stunning' posts! Even the wife is impressed with the magic wand and wants to have a go! Must be good if it's peaked some 'outside interest'!

The detail on the clerestory windows particularly caught my eye, as did the excellent faux teak finish. I'm very much looking forward to giving it a run, though I imagine nearly every train I rub for an while will be a 'test' so it'll really be putting in the miles!

Definitely glad I got myself one, it might even encourage me to finish off the renovation of my Coronation set!

Cheers

J

• Like 3

No photos of one in action yet ?

Obviously too busy with bow pens or looking for black dots through magnifying glasses ;)

(Only being sarcastic because mine hasn't turned up yet :( )

Edited by K Hatton
  • Like 1

There was this knock at the door. Aha, that'll be the postman thought I, and jumped up, opened the door with a big smile only to be greeted by a Jehovah's Witness! Do these people get used to the expression on peoples faces changing briefly to puzzlement, followed by absolute horror, as the aforesaid Jehova launches into some speel about their Bible related literature? 

Anyway, after an assertive 'no thank you' and a swift re-closing of the door, the genuine postman did turn up about half an hour later with what I had been waiting for. I've only had a quick look, and have to relate a good deal of amazement, from the presentation through the detail down to the finish. Despite being a bit hard up at the moment, I am really glad I bought this one. Really happy. Hope everyone else who bought one enjoys theirs when it arrives. 

Edited by Dick Turpin
  • Like 4

It has arrived this morning and given it a run.

post-9992-0-20400200-1532172436_thumb.jpg

The chocolate brown colour is too,light and the GWR cream is way off! I don't think Churchward would have been impressed!

post-9992-0-22945300-1532172447_thumb.jpg

I have been left no choice to run it with one of those strange silver wedge shape thingies that get run now and then on my layout. Looks brilliant with that!

post-9992-0-45471300-1532172464_thumb.jpg

post-9992-0-72172800-1532172455_thumb.jpg

Brilliant job Rails/Rapido

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 13

Mine has arrived today. Whilst I am very impressed with this stunning model, I've found a small piece has broken off from somewhere on the vehicle. Cannot tell where it has come off I'm afraid :(

Edit I have now found where it has snapped off and it is Part No.39 on the sheet :(

Hi Gareth,

Sorry to hear that you received yours with a damaged part.

I have messaged you regarding either return for a replacement or supplying the Part No.39.

Many thanks

Oliver

Edited by Oliver Rails

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifdyno1a.jpg

The chocolate brown colour is too,light and the GWR cream is way off! I don't think Churchward would have been impressed!

attachicon.gifdyno1b.jpg

I'll be putting my version behind a King. ;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifdyno1a.jpg

attachicon.gifdyno1b.jpg

I have been left no choice to run it with one of those strange silver wedge shape thingies that get run now and then on my layout. Looks brilliant with that!

attachicon.gifdyno2a.jpg

attachicon.gifdyno2.jpg

Brilliant job Rails/Rapido

Mike Wiltshire

Nice silver wedge thing.  Not sure about the other stuff though the second picture is better.  Perhaps some further cropping of the edges?  :jester:

BTW  You may not care but you're running the dynamometer car the wrong way round, Mike.  Duckets to the front.

Nice silver wedge thing.  Not sure about the other stuff though the second picture is better.  Perhaps some further cropping of the edges?  :jester:

BTW  You may not care but you're running the dynamometer car the wrong way round, Mike.  Duckets to the front.

Thanks. I am a bit blind when it comes to LNER.

Mike Wiltshire

Mine has arrive all in one piece, and for all the concerns it is superb. Anyone with a A4 needs one now !!!!

Internal lighting is very good.

post-7186-0-18849000-1532189016.jpeg

post-7186-0-49638500-1532189032.jpeg

post-7186-0-05238100-1532189043.jpeg

Edited by micklner
  • Like 9

Yours must have slipped through net! Please accept my appologies and if you change your mind and decide you do require them I will happily forward a set onto you.

Sorry to hear that you received yours with a damaged part.

Well done to you Oliver, great customer service showing the ideal way to engage with the site's readers.

It's a cracking product, hopefully the BRM review reflects that.

• Like 3

Wearing both hats as a carriage enthusiast and producer, I really ought to have one of these smashing models. But it would either reside on the shelf  along with large buses and a Duchess, or become a camping coach at Carrog...........Joke.

• Like 1

Despite some jaw droppingly boorish criticism I have read on another site, and after a fair bit of close inspection and a session playing with it in the dark, I consider this dynamometer car to be finest RTR model of anything I have ever encountered. Well done Rapido and well done Rails. I do hope you are considering what you might want to follow it with after such a triumph of model engineering.  :yahoo:

Edited by Dick Turpin
  • Like 6