New brand, new model - Rails Limited - LNER Dynamometer car

Andy Y

:offtopic: If the V2s had not stopped coming in when they did I would probably have been born in the depths of South Wales. One V2 landed in South East London (near Shooters Hill) quite close to where my parents lived and it was decided that Mum (who was carrying me at that time ) would move down to friends in South Wales until things returned to normal.

Keith

I understand. My Grandmother was carrying my mother when a V1 blew up over the shop she was working in. They were in the celler at the time (thanks to Air Raid sirens) but it took a few hours to get them out. I found the full story in the Bredhurst gazette a few years back. She was knitting baby clothes at the time and lost a few stitches...

Look forwards to my V2 (being sent from the UK to France instead of vice versa).

Edited by JSpencer

I appreciate many of you are eager to get your hands on your Dynamometer Car. 

We are working through the tremendous amount of orders as fast as we can. They're being processed in date order. Please bear with us and they will be with you soon.

Regards Oliver

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Me Happy Bunny

Keith

Pleased to advise that my V2 was delivered by the Postie a couple of hours ago. The Stirling Single had the honour of hauling the first test run....

post-586-0-19544300-1533209882.jpg

post-586-0-29303200-1533209947.jpg

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I'm a Happy Bunny. Can't really say much more, its such a fantastic model. Many thanks to all those who participated in the production of this model.

Have to smile when I think of my visit to the Crewe Heritage Centre a few years ago when Rapido held their first "hello" presentation to discuss their possible entry to the UK market. I had seen (and purchased) some of their Canadian stuff and knew what they could produce but many of those present were of the opinion that they were taking a great risk trying to break into the UK market. Wonder what they think about Rapido now?

Keith

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I appreciate many of you are eager to get your hands on your Dynamometer Car. 

We are working through the tremendous amount of orders as fast as we can. They're being processed in date order. Please bear with us and they will be with you soon.

Regards Oliver

Which is why Keith and I have appreciatively received ours.My order was placed with deposit immediately upon the announcement of the model on April 17th 2017.Many thanks for a superb model.Rapido scores twice in a week and Rails deliver.

• Like 3

Mine arrived in Australia this morning.  It was put behind A4 Great Snipe and some 8 Gresley teak coach.  The coach set included a Comet Restaurant Triplet Set.

Will have to get on  with the Coronation set.  

Looking at photos people have downloaded I was concerned that the teak effect was too light.  Having seen the real thing at York and taken a few photos, I think it is a very good match.

Anyway I am happy.

Mark in Oz

• Like 1

Arrived today,

Only negative on mine was a loose seat inside it (one of the long couches at the end). any got any hints on opening it up to sort it? seems like a but of a daunting task with the amount of detail on it.

Also the recording wheel seems a bit loose and not sure if thats for moving it on EM wheel sets etc, anyone else noticed it?

That aside, very impressive in the flesh with the teak effect and the amount of detail on it!

Gordon

Still no word on mine (v2). I've not even been asked for the remainder...

My V2 was processed this week and is on the way.  Thanks Rails.