CARROG in 4mm & Ruabon discussion...

coachmann

• RMweb Premium

Larry is the second (in my book) top class modeller to withdraw from posting updates on his own thread. Coach, all the best and I look forward to any updates you may wish to post.

As far as I am concerned your work on here is / was inspirational! Your coach building is magnificent and something I aspire to.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Hello Larry, sorry to hear you have had some problems. Hope you get the unwelcome intervention sorted, and get back on to an even keal.

Model railways are not the most important things in life, but it would be nice to see you back on RMW

Derek

Edited by Mrkirtley800

Morning Larry, firstly it was good to have a chat on the phone whilst I was in Hospital, and I hope your problems are sorted soon, and your life can get back to normal. 

As people have said to me, the Shed will be there when YOUR ready, and I know your a Summer Shed man so there is no rush to get outside just yet, but plenty of planning time. 

I'm not going to advise / suggest / hint at what I think you should do next, as I know you already have some ideas, and so I'm just looking forward to following and enjoying the next ride down the Dee Valley or wherever the Route takes you.

Thanks and all the very best to you and Mary.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

All the best matey......goes without saying that everyone has enjoyed and marvelled at Carrog and your unrivalled talented modelling....even more so that it does not require anything further other than to wish all the very best during the personal circumstances that has brought you to this decision and the thoughts of a great many people will be with you.....

Regards as always....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I hope Mr Goddard, whatever your situation is, and I hope it can/will be overcome, that you will continue at some future point to inspire/enthrall us with your modelling abilities, they are second to none!!,

My very best wishes for your future;

Rgds.........Mike

• RMweb Gold

Hi Larry

I’m sorry to hear that you have some issues to deal with and I hope they can be sorted out ok. I suppose life has a way of getting in the way of our fun from time to time. Your work, whether it be this layout, your coach building, experimenting with sounds or O gauge modelling has always been an inspiration for me and your willingness to share your trials and tribulations in building Carrog has certainly helped my modelling improve.

Please take care of yourself and those around you and know that I for one will enjoy your work when and if you return.

Kind regards

Tony

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see you back and doing 0 gauge...again?

I have my friends maroon autocoach so I'm very interested to see what you do to yours.  I managed to get the roof off and will be adding passengers at some point.  I did think about adding lights (the one I have is the bog standard version).  I don't know about repainting but weathering should help.

I also have his 8750 Pannier and yours looks to be the same.  I've added the details (drilling holes in mazak - aaarrghhh!).  Waiting for number plates.

John

• Like 3

Larry

Many thanks for detailing your work on the autocoach. I will have to do the same to mine. It is currently still in its box in the new railway room, stored along with everything else while we attend to more pressing needs in the attached house.

Best wishes, Paul

What a wonderful surprise to see you back in harness on the modelling front Larry ....I won't even go down the road as to why 0 gauge has returned again as I can imagine how you have come to make such a 'u' turn .....hope is all is improving on other fronts 

Regards 

Martin 

• Like 1