5 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

Doesn't everyone's inner six year old want to go 'Neeeeooow, D-D-D-D-D-D...'? 😲

No sign of a bus on that bridge, so I'll pass...

Edited by MrWolf
Stupid autocorrect
  • Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 7

Good morning Captain,

As you know, I can provide air cover from my RAF if you need it :)

I was once told off at junior school by our very stern Headmistress (proper 'old school' disciplinarian) for my imitation of a Spitfire in the library. Must have been all the D-D-D-D sounds, not the out spread arms.

Given her reputation I am surprised Mr Cane didn't come out to play (got away with one).

Even at the age of 10 I was train and plane mad, must have been my Dad's influence (ex-RAF Bomber Command engine fitter and a live-steam model engineer to boot).

Cheers, Nigel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 29/04/2023 at 09:26, Captain Kernow said:

A short goods train ready to depart for the light railway:

20220713_144719_bw.jpg.72bfce0c4cf831827dd630409d2e7cdf.jpg

Having created the other two types of GW road van, I started on this conversion recently and am using your pictures as an extra check. Has the underframe been fitted the wrong way around on your example? Should the step align with the balcony gate/door and an additional step added for the new double door added the the enclosed section? 

Many thanks, Pete.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Pete Haitch said:

Has the underframe been fitted the wrong way around on your example? Should the step align with the balcony gate/door and an additional step added for the new double door added the the enclosed section? 

You must be right, the van - as thus converted  - was a kind gift from a friend. I will look to making the necessary corrections in due course!

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Ah, that is a particularly lovely shot. Great angles and a nice blend of colours. Also, I like your weeds, dude!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I've posted a blog entry covering the first of the two whitemetal panniers that I bought from Tony Wright, originally built by Peter Lawson.

I've added a few extra details only, not wanting to detract from the original character of the loco.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...