Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

2ManySpams

'On The Fiddle'

Not normally seen by the public this is the 'Newquay' end fiddle yard.

It is of open frame construction, the sides of the frame being two lengths of ply sandwiched together with ply blocks in between - a take on the Barry Norman baseboard construction method.

The main traverser is pivoted one end (top of this picture), this pivot is also used for the secondary loco traverser at the top - which feeds all five roads.

It is arranged such that the three tracks that come off the layout (bottom of this picture) run on to this board. The five roads on the traverser align with all of these roads. This gives the benefit of being able to run three trains in parallel on all three lines.

post-8734-0-44346900-1323028042_thumb.jpg

At the other end of the layout (Par Docks) currently we only have a two track run off, about 3 feet long.

Operational experience has shown this to be woefully inadequate. I've been told by 'the team' in no-uncertain terms that something similar to the other end is required. I will probably build the same again so they can be bolted front-to-front for transport.

Watch this space.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

1) No, you just need to measure carefully so they are parallel.

2) Hardly any, they sit quite well.

Edit, 1) should read - Yes, you just need to measure carefully so they are parallel.

Edited by Worsdell forever

Sorry, 1) should read - Yes, you just need to measure carefully so they are parallel.

Should have read the question properly... :scratchhead:

Ha ha, it's funny I read it as yes - I knew what you meant.

And I should have read the answer properly.....

Edited by Indomitable026
  • Like 1

Er, where's that then ?

And the leg waxing sounds really painful - I'm way tooo old for that sort of mullarky!. In fact I need to hang on to all the hair that I've got.

Do they do good pies there? That's the big question.

Time for a quick snifter before bedtime methinks!

All the best, John.

Er, where's that then ?

And the leg waxing sounds really painful - I'm way tooo old for that sort of mullarky!. In fact I need to hang on to all the hair that I've got.

Do they do good pies there? That's the big question.

Time for a quick snifter before bedtime methinks!

All the best, John.

OK - Three things;

1) I dont know where it is

2) I don't know when it is

3) I don't know if they do good pies either.

I will endeavour to find all these things out - well - the last one as a minimum.

Last time we went to Expo EM was with New Haden Colliery - years ago at Bletchley. I think they've knocked that place down now.

Last time we went to Expo EM was with New Haden Colliery - years ago at Bletchley. I think they've knocked that place down now.

It could be Bracknell or Manchester, Manchester being the replacement for Slaithwaite and there has been talk about NHC going in 2013 but it's only a rumour as yet

It could be Bracknell or Manchester, Manchester being the replacement for Slaithwaite and there has been talk about NHC going in 2013 but it's only a rumour as yet

Another combo visit.

Lets come it comes off and we can have a few drinks.

It was a shame you guys were out in the fields at Spalding - in the Satelite accomodation/drinking facilities, we were looking forward to an 'ex-SRC-pats' catchup.

Edited by Indomitable026

I'm fairly sure it's the Bracknell gig as I remember saying that's where my sister used to live...

As for time of year, it looks like middle-late May: http://www.emgs.org/expoem-events.html

Still not shaving OR waxing my legs....

Looks good to me.

We'll do it the old fashion way - and wait for the formal invite, that might tell us the location and date.......

In the mean time keep shaving.

Could you not run the stock for the Burngullow sand trains into the yard and then back up the line ,thats what I meant.Good job they demolished that place in Bletchley the parking was diabolical and the place was in danger of falling down if they didnt spend a fortune on it.If the show is in Bracknell you could possibly try Pukka pies as they sell lots of them in the south.

• RMweb Premium

As I'm at the EM Expos in Bracknell and Manchester next year with Foundry Lane, I'll be sure to check out the pie situation and report back in plenty of time to allow you to stock up on any provisions; although I'm sure that won't be necessary!

Edited by Mark Forrest
  • Like 1

Could you not run the stock for the Burngullow sand trains into the yard and then back up the line ,thats what I meant.Good job they demolished that place in Bletchley the parking was diabolical and the place was in danger of falling down if they didnt spend a fortune on it.If the show is in Bracknell you could possibly try Pukka pies as they sell lots of them in the south.

Burngullow sand trains - sounds interesting...

Do us anyone have any info on these - pictures if possible?