2ManySpams

ISTR many years ago a film in which Harry Andrews expressed considerable concern that his (film) daughter was making her ample protuberances a bit obvious, when he thought she should be camouflaging them. Perhaps she just needed a bit of shading, as you suggest.

LOL!!!

You're surely not suggesting my 'protuberances' are of the female kind??

ha ha ha - pass the whiskey......

Hi Guys

1988 - 1992 TPO / RES traffic. Would you like some images from this period taken when I was a boy Signalman? Are you just interested in the TPO or the other movements in those days? The 03.00 Plymouth to Pz vans, and 12.00 return? Obviously I dont have a any of the 03.00 Plymouth!

Hi Guys

1988 - 1992 TPO / RES traffic. Would you like some images from this period taken when I was a boy Signalman? Are you just interested in the TPO or the other movements in those days? The 03.00 Plymouth to Pz vans, and 12.00 return? Obviously I dont have a any of the 03.00 Plymouth!

Yes please Craig, both the TPO and the Vans, that would be great!!

Edited by Indomitable026

Hi Damian,

The vans look good though most of them had the end steps removed along with that handrail. Some had the bottom step left. This my not bother you you but thought you should know.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Damian,

The vans look good though most of them had the end steps removed along with that handrail. Some had the bottom step left. This my not bother you you but thought you should know.

Cheers Peter.

Yes thanks for that.

It's one of these things how far do you go, other works may include filling that horrible vertical gap between the body panels.

Unfortunately work is such these days that none of these jobs get done like they used to.

Life's sometimes a fustrating compromise, but I guess the job pays the bills.....

Edited by Indomitable026

When are you next exhibiting the layout?

Our schedule for our two layouts for this year is as follows;

Saturday 18th February 2012: Treneglos Tonbridge, Kent

14th &15th April 2012: DitD - Trainwest Melksham

26th & 27th May 2012: DitD - Railex Aylesbury

Late August 2012: DitD, Railex NE - Blyth & Tyne MRS

29th & 30th Sptember 2012: Treneglos, Soar Valley MRS Loughborough - paperwork returned

20th & 21st October 2012: DitD, Uckfield

Edited by Indomitable026

Our schedule for our two layouts for this year is as follows;

Saturday 18th February 2012: Treneglos Tonbridge, Kent

14th &15th April 2012: DitD - Trainwest Melksham

26th & 27th May 2012: DitD - Railex Aylesbury

Late August 2012: DitD, Railex NE - Blyth & Tyne MRS

29th & 30th Sptember 2012: Treneglos, Soar Valley MRS Loughborough - paperwork returned

20th & 21st October 2012: DitD, Uckfield

Hmmm possibly be seeing you at 3 of those shows, Tonbridge & Uckfield (definitely) and Aylesbury (possibly/probably!) but I mlook forward to seeing Diesels in the Dutchy as well as Treneglos this year.

Colin

Hmmm possibly be seeing you at 3 of those shows, Tonbridge & Uckfield (definitely) and Aylesbury (possibly/probably!) but I mlook forward to seeing Diesels in the Dutchy as well as Treneglos this year.

Colin

Thats great, please say hello, and if we not listening then please shout!

We do get a little carried away with ourselves.

• Like 1

Hello again

Here are some late eighties, early 90's pictures of perishable traffic in the County.

50004 a rare class 50 on the evening postal at Nanpusker near Hayle in 1990.

post-2613-0-77120800-1326731372_thumb.jpg

In appalling weather, 50020 Revenge departs Penzance with the 12.00 Parcels in 1989.

post-2613-0-20982000-1326731463_thumb.jpg

A RES class 47 skirts the coast at Carlyon Bay in 1994 with the 12.00 Parcels

post-2613-0-14383500-1326731530_thumb.jpg

Two spotless class 47/7's push back into Penzance with RES vans for the afternoon service 1992

post-2613-0-23522200-1326731628_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Colin

I will get to see you at Tonbridge and Uckfield (my own club - well chuffed Adrian invited you) as well.

• Like 1

Hello again

Here are some late eighties, early 90's pictures of perishable traffic in the County.

50004 a rare class 50 on the evening postal at Nanpusker near Hayle in 1990.

post-2613-0-77120800-1326731372_thumb.jpg

In appalling weather, 50020 Revenge departs Penzance with the 12.00 Parcels in 1989.

post-2613-0-20982000-1326731463_thumb.jpg

A RES class 47 skirts the coast at Carlyon Bay in 1994 with the 12.00 Parcels

post-2613-0-14383500-1326731530_thumb.jpg

Two spotless class 47/7's push back into Penzance with RES vans for the afternoon service 1992

post-2613-0-23522200-1326731628_thumb.jpg

Great shots Craig;

I think I had forgotten that 'RES' appeared at the end of my timescale (1988-1992), as I have only modelled the 'pre RES' red and grey 47 474. Hmm yet more liveries.

Where did the stock and loco for the Plymouth - Penzance parcels stable?

Also I have a 50 004 that I was going to renumber into 009, might have to re-think that one now.

Cheers.

I will get to see you at Tonbridge and Uckfield (my own club - well chuffed Adrian invited you) as well.

Looking forward to coming down with both layouts and meeting you guys.......

The 03.00 parcels stock used to stable in Old Bank at Ponsondane. The train was propelled into the siding beside the heliport and retreived later that morning. The loco would hang around in Sea sidings, though I remember the postal engines returning to Laira up to 1994 each morning. I'm not sure of the date that Long Rock / Ponsondane was no longer used to stable the RES / TPO tarffic. From memory - I think the midday parcels finished towards the end of 1994. I dont think St Blazey was used to stable Parcel traffic until after the period you're modelling - but I could be wrong.

I have my experts going through their diaries as we speak.

Hi Damian,

As I said to Chris on the Treneglos thread, you may find me easier at Tonbridge, as I am the club secretary and will probably be busy but will look to get round to seeing you guys (and the others from the RM Web that are attending).

Colin

The 03.00 parcels stock used to stable in Old Bank at Ponsondane. The train was propelled into the siding beside the heliport and retreived later that morning. The loco would hang around in Sea sidings, though I remember the postal engines returning to Laira up to 1994 each morning. I'm not sure of the date that Long Rock / Ponsondane was no longer used to stable the RES / TPO tarffic. From memory - I think the midday parcels finished towards the end of 1994. I dont think St Blazey was used to stable Parcel traffic until after the period you're modelling - but I could be wrong.

I have my experts going through their diaries as we speak.

I await your informed info with interest...........

I do know, however, that I'm altready stretching the truth a little by running the TPO down to BZ during my period....

• RMweb Gold

If shouting doesn't work, you could always try waving a pork pie in their general direction...

• Like 1

Thanks for the exhibition list,I will see you at Aylesbury its only five minutes up the road for me ,looking forward to looking at Par at the end of March when I shall be wandering around Cornwall courtesy of First Great Western(I won a competition first class to Penzance and a free Rover ticket) for a few days.