2ManySpams

I'll think you'll find the photos below fairly conclusive proof that they were indeed 47s....

post-6675-0-69428700-1326046849_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-75916000-1326046833_thumb.jpg

Oh and that means Wardle was right with 26'.

Blimey.

Have you ever thought about getting involved in the special effects industry??

I'm sure we saw some 56's somewhere today......

• RMweb Premium

(PS, before anyone gets ratty about trespass, we were on a non-running siding on a (closed for winter) preserved line by permission of those working nearby and informed / thanked them when we left)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, only saw the SR Van B. Bit confused by the S200 number it carried though as the numbering started at S201.....

Edit: Faulty memory.... the SR Van was S220:

post-6675-0-91524900-1326053675_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2ManySpams
  • Like 1

Sorry, only saw the SR Van B. Bit confused by the S200 number it carried though as the numbering started at S201.....

I could of sworn there was a newspapers van and a TPO coach.

Well what with those and the 3 x 56's I didn't see iether, I must go to the doctors.

Suppose I must have dream't the 3 x 33's, 1 x 73 and the two 04's as well?

Oh dear (I'll take my own camera next time)

Edited by Indomitable026

Indomitable026

<p class="author_info" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 15px; padding-right: 10px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 10px; width: 155px; float: left; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; color: rgb(90, 90, 90); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; ">

• photo-thumb-8734.jpg
  • email_open.png user_add.png
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 332 posts

• LocationECM1 MP129

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:40

TPO's?

Remember them?

post-8734-0-58275000-1322912035_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-28854800-1322912347_thumb.jpg

The plan is to model the Penzance TPO, which I believe, ran back up to St Blazey due to a lack of space at Long Rock.

Should add a splash of colour.....

TPO's?

Remember them?

The plan is to model the Penzance TPO, which I believe, ran back up to St Blazey due to a lack of space at Long Rock.

Sorry to come in after the discussion has progress onto something else (only discovered the site yesterday and joined today). Indeed the stock and loco for 1C01 Penzance - Bristol TPO was serviced and St Blazey. And if I remember rightly (from the DVD "
Special Delivery
"), part of preparing the stock involved turning the Sorting carriages on St Blazey's turntable, so that the main doors were facing the platform on the "Up" working; prior to marshaling the stock into the correct formation. There was also a "baggage tender" (non-sorting) TPO starting from Plymouth with locos serviced at St Blazey. (Which as I remember was double-headed on the day of filming.)

The DVD "Special Delivery" was filmed in the last summer of the Cornish TPO's, capturing some of the working in daylight following the 19:35 departure from Penzance. HIGHLY recommended viewing -
  • Like 2

When I was young I frequently used the Newspaper train from Liverpool Street to get home when I was working late at the Studio. It was always packed and very popular. The one that stopped at Shenfield left London at 3:30am(ish).

Best, Pete.

Indomitable026

<p class="author_info" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 15px; padding-right: 10px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 10px; width: 155px; float: left; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; color: rgb(90, 90, 90); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; ">

• photo-thumb-8734.jpg
  • email_open.png user_add.png
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 332 posts

• LocationECM1 MP129

625]

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:40

TPO's?

Remember them?

Sorry to come in after the discussion has progress onto something else (only discovered the site yesterday and joined today). Indeed the stock and loco for 1C01 Penzance - Bristol TPO was serviced and St Blazey. And if I remember rightly (from the DVD "Special Delivery"), part of preparing the stock involved turning the Sorting carriages on St Blazey's turntable, so that the main doors were facing the platform on the "Up" working; prior to marshaling the stock into the correct formation. There was also a "baggage tender" (non-sorting) TPO starting from Plymouth with locos serviced at St Blazey. (Which as I remember was double-headed on the day of filming.)

The DVD "Special Delivery" was filmed in the last summer of the Cornish TPO's, capturing some of the working in daylight following the 19:35 departure from Penzance. HIGHLY recommended viewing - http://www.videoscen...nish-mails.html

This is great information. Thank-you very much. I'd not appreciated the other run down from Plymouth.

Do you have any information regarding the formations and loco's employed?

• Like 1

Hey fellas - 10 days into 2012 and a super pair visit Cornwall (no - not the twins from celebrity BB) but just as hell-fire.

37606 & 607 work 1Q13 GMSR testing train into Cornwall. The train stabled during the 10th Jan at St Blazey. Nice shot of the shed for you too!

post-2613-0-57884200-1326207694_thumb.jpg

Craig,

This is marvellous stuff!!

I need to check the records now and see if these '6s' have been down this way before in their previous life......

This is great information. Thank-you very much. I'd not appreciated the other run down from Plymouth. Do you have any information regarding the formations and loco's employed?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to watch Special Delivery this evening... then again 2004, might not have been your ideal time period.

I have found a couple of short clips on Youtube which might be of interest?

47 736 "Cambridge Traction & Rolling Stock Depot" at Burngullow working 5C01 St Blazey - Penzance and 1C01 Penzance - Bristol:

47 734 working 5C01 St Blazey - Penzance:

Finally 67001 returning 5C02 Penzance - St Blazey and performing a shunt move in Par station:

Rail Express magazine carried an article on TPO's/mail trains and their formations, in their regular retrospectrum section about a year back, which I'll try and locate

• Like 4

That postal coach looks very good good pic of the network train,looking forward to seeing it all in the flesh end of March when I am going to Penzance for a few days by train.

This post had me very worried for short while.

You mentioned 'seeing it in the flesh end of March', which led me to think you meant the layout and that I had forgotten a booking that had been made.

Of course you meant the real thing - thank goodness.

Ha ha ha.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to watch Special Delivery this evening... then again 2004, might not have been your ideal time period.

I have found a couple of short clips on Youtube which might be of interest?

47 736 "Cambridge Traction & Rolling Stock Depot" at Burngullow working 5C01 St Blazey - Penzance and 1C01 Penzance - Bristol:

47 734 working 5C01 St Blazey - Penzance:

Finally 67001 returning 5C02 Penzance - St Blazey and performing a shunt move in Par station:

Rail Express magazine carried an article on TPO's/mail trains and their formations, in their regular retrospectrum section about a year back, which I'll try and locate

This is interesing stuff, despite being a later period.

Our period is 1988 to 1992.

Thanks for digging this out, your time's appreciated.

Continuing with the parcels theme, a little progress today, two coaches are seen part way through weathering.

What's always fascinating is what looks ok to the eye, isn't so once you photograph it.

I always try and photograph things these days to see what i've missed.

In this case paint!!

post-8734-0-63238000-1326644186_thumb.jpg

They don't look great at the moment, but these colours are only the base and once various colours a dry brushed on they should look a lot better......

Now, where's that sherry...

Edited by Indomitable026
  • Like 2

Bit of shading around the protuberances will make it look better.......actually I was just looking forward to typing "protuberances"...

I heard from El Gringo today. Made my day.

Now I've got the urge to buy him a "Pork Pie Hat" - I think it would really suit him.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Bit of shading around the protuberances will make it look better.......actually I was just looking forward to typing "protuberances"...

I heard from El Gringo today. Made my day.

Now I've got the urge to buy him a "Pork Pie Hat" - I think it would really suit him.

Best, Pete.

Great word!

I think I suffer from them......

The three of us caught up last week around 2manyspams gaff - Gringo was on good form.

We all resolved to get going again on 'Once upon a time in the west', so you should start to see some progress shots on that shortly.

Edited by Indomitable026

• RMweb Gold

ISTR many years ago a film in which Harry Andrews expressed considerable concern that his (film) daughter was making her ample protuberances a bit obvious, when he thought she should be camouflaging them. Perhaps she just needed a bit of shading, as you suggest.