2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

There are lots of photos of 'old Plymouth' - not just the railway - in 'Laira Fireman' by Philp Rundle. There is also a companion volume covering Cornwall. I'm afraid they may be too steamy for Damien though...  ;)

I feel a Christmas present idea developing here......

• Like 2

Here's a tentative list of shows that we are attending next year with DitD;

DitD Exhibitions 2015

York  4th, 5th & 6th April 2015

Derby  9th & 10th May 2015

DEMU (Burton)  30th & 31st May 2015

Perth  27th & 28th June 2015

Barnstaple  25th July 2015

Wigan  3rd & 4th October 2015

Should be good to out and about with 'Diesels' next year.

Hi Damian,

Cracking layout, hopefully get to see it in the flesh at DEMU or Wigan next year.

Cheers

Simon

All this talk of Plymouth and the Tamar Road bridge nudged my memory (it needs regularly nudging)

The last couple of weeks I've been scanning 'family' negatives/slides which were put away safely many

years ago. (We all know how hard 'safely' is to find don't we ?

However  this negative surfaced with an appropriate subject (the one on the left)

post-1161-0-14681200-1417276572_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

All this talk of Plymouth and the Tamar Road bridge nudged my memory (it needs regularly nudging)

The last couple of weeks I've been scanning 'family' negatives/slides which were put away safely many

However this negative surfaced with an appropriate subject (the one on the left)

attachicon.gifD60x PMT c1960.jpg

Brilliant!

Is it a 22 or a 600?

• RMweb Premium

However  this negative surfaced with an appropriate subject (the one on the left)

attachicon.gifD60x PMT c1960.jpg

I remember as a kid being puzzled by these funny diesels with spoked wheels...  To think 'Active' and 'Ark Royal' were at Barry....  4mm versions on order from Kernow to go with my D63XXs.

• RMweb Gold

Here's a few close ups of Worsdells police car....

Am sure Mr Black Rat is going to have a few words to say on that.

Looking at the tyres makes me have a sudden craving for liquorice catherine wheels...;)

I can't understand what a D&C police car was doing in the Black County last weekend...

They were arresting that cortina driver for dangerous driving down a towpath. (Plus trading pasties for some Black Country delights)

Apparently it turned out to be much younger "Snowland Stud", alias not-quite-so-old Gringo, exercising motorway driving rule number one "you should never have to brake"

• RMweb Gold

Oh no,

The 600s were to be seen at St Blazey in their twilight years (although I've never seen any pictures)

I can see a high-risk backdate situation emerging....

And you could have some of those olde-fashioned steam locos, too. After all, I distinctly recollect a Grange, freshly off-shed, stopping in the up loop at Par and awaiting the road to go light engine towards Plymouth. Nice-looking locos - says this Southern bloke.

• Like 4