The Circle and the Stores (T-CATS)

• RMweb Gold

Both servos are now installed and working.

I've added a 9v battery holder, wired through an on/off switch on the panel, to provide the servo power.

20191103_125213.jpg.48be40913507853ce1dffadc26e88035.jpg

There is something quite satisfying to throw a switch and see the points change, due to the electronics and mechanical gubbins you've put together yourself.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold

The layout has been turned around and the Circle deployed.

Further testing is taking place. This has already caused a relocation of one of the uncouplers, the 25 is now able to fit once the wagons have been left.

20191103_152825.jpg.82ac7c2145f9e01bc745a5cb2a8563c4.jpg

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

Having found myself with an unexpected week's leave, I have made a start on one of the tunnel mouths.

20191104_110115.jpg.ab92c911a2eb8564de78660c4ec0ae54.jpg

Hi Stu

A present for ten years service and unexpected leave.....are you sure the words "happy retirement" or "redundancy" were not muttered?  

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Nope, neither of those. We have a planned 12months of work in my team, I'd booked next week off but we are expecting some data to arrive then, so I got leave a week early.

SWMBO is off to a surprise tea party later, so once I've dropped her off and collected No.1 son from the day centre, I can crack on with the cutting.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Alister_G said:

Can you cut it back a bit more and buttress it?

Al.

That is an option Al, but the original design was for a rockface and the wall was a knee-jerk reaction to the narrowness of the space.

Some rational thinking later and I'll just cut the upper surface further back.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Stu

A present for ten years service and unexpected leave.....are you sure the words "happy retirement" or "redundancy" were not muttered?  

I didn’t dare ask

31 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Nope, neither of those. We have a planned 12months of work in my team, I'd booked next week off but we are expecting some data to arrive then, so I got leave a week early.

SWMBO is off to a surprise tea party later, so once I've dropped her off and collected No.1 son from the day centre, I can crack on with the cutting.

But pleased (and relieved) with the response

Chris

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Finally got a bit more done.

The left side of the cutting has been trimmed back, some of the stonework on the portal has been replaced and it's had a coat of primer.

20191107_173027.jpg.6825cd3f8166f5662560c7fc70961722.jpg

The two near vertical pieces of L strip are to provide a ledge to fix the rock walls to.

I've also cut two landscape edge pieces of ply to form the profile for the front left and right corners.

I now need to get an insulation sheet to cut to shape for terraforming.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

The inside curve of the cutting is still quite tight, so the plan is to use a curved board as the the base, with patches of embossed plasticard stonework intermingled with slightly more proud rocks, stuck on in a random, but organised, fashion.

I don't want to use a whole sheet of stonework as the base as I want it to look as if the man-made parts have been added later to shore-up the rockface where needed.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I've added a bit of colour and some filler. 

20191109_120557.jpg.31ede71071c24da1eb905f4eedfb07ef.jpg

The coloured surface was then scratched (with a stiff hand brush) to give some rock strata.

I can give it another waft of olive and brown sprays once the filler has set.

20191109_122626.jpg.bce699e63bbb20ee60a8dd3cdaa7e3eb.jpg

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2