Hattons new announcement...countdown timer started

adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Hmm,

So what we know so far...

It's more than 1 model, it's of a class more than one, one of them has strong hints of SECR compatibility.

That narrows it down a bit.

Loco 1: Must be 36001 Leader, and 1 complete and 2 halves were built, and could be painted in modern liveries as a departmental loco too.. (those diesel guys won't notice the difference), it's clearly a Southern loco, and most likely worked with withdrawn SECR stock for testing.

Loco 2: as the first one was a steam loco pretending to be diesel, it goes the second one must be a diesel pretending to be a steam loco, similarly, as it was a big inefficient steam loco designed for doing little jobs, this must be a little diesel built to do jobs oversized for it... it's Claytons DHP 1

Am I close ?

• Like 1

The SECR did have 15 Great Northern 2-4-0 E1s loaned to them between 1913 and 1915. However I doubt it will be this class announced as it won,t be high many SECR wish lists.

If there are 2 classes, a Midland 2P is still a good contender. No one has done an RTR 2-4-0 tender engine before, probably because few made it to BR.

If there is an SECR loco in there, as preserved types, we have the D class, P class and O1 still in preservation.

If it is a D class, then Hattons will doubtless do a dozen variants/liveries, I could then easily see myself buying quite a few if I can afford them.

Assuming of course it is not one of the wonderful prototypes since 1948.

Edited by JSpencer

Well, one and all, between you, you have created a list as long as my arm. I’d be delighted by most of the suggestions and I hope I shan’t be disappointed by something run-of-the-mill. Whatever it is, I hope it has a decent motor and transmission. It would be a shame if we get something exotic let down by poor running because once it appears, no-one else is going to put the money into producing a better one.

• RMweb Premium

It might be an extra bit of mis-direction to enhance all the fun and games - but the silhouette appears to show that the loco has salter valves on the dome. Although I always think of this as a mainly Midland trait others did have them in the early years, but it might narrow the potential field a bit.

Izzy

I hope it has a normal ordinary regular chassis with working coupling rods...

Mmm..not *** models all geared drivers then for you Mr. C? (Mind you, I cannot see an MR 2.4.0. ever went near Carrog!).

From Oz,

Tongue-in-cheek,

Peter C.

Confirmed that it's two locomotives on the cover, which is slightly different to the one in the BRM thread.

"Hatton's reveals two all-new locos"

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/brm/store/back-issues/british-railway-modelling-october-2017/

Definitely a Kirtley 2-4-0 in the silhouette. But is that a Crimson Lake herring?

Jason

With one exemption every order I have placed with Hattons has been at least a week. Latest order was placed on Thursday. as yet no confirmation of it being despatched,

Providing you have a reliable Yodel depot near you, then this is the best Hattons option. You pay £7.00 and if you order before 2pm it is packed that day and dispatched for next day delivery together with tracking info. I can't use Yodel because I can no longer trust our local depot, so now I have to wait a week sometimes. Result: I often shop elsewhere.

One thing that irritates me is the request to sign up and choose a password then after shopping with the retailer for some time, their computer suddenly doesn't recognize my email or password. Result : There are plenty of other pebbles on the beach...

Edited by coachmann

• RMweb Gold

Providing you have a reliable Yodel depot near you, then this is the best Hattons option. You pay £7.00 and if you order before 2pm it is packed that day and dispatched for next day delivery together with tracking info. I can't use Yodel because I can no longer trust our local depot, so now I have to wait a week sometimes. Result: I often shop elsewhere.

One thing that irritates me is the request to sign up and choose a password then after shopping with the retailer for some time, their computer suddenly doesn't recognize my email or password. Result : There are plenty of other pebbles on the beach...

After two less than special experiences with a Hatton's order via Yodel ,I always specify Royal Mail and have not experienced a problem. I sympathise with the individuals contracted by Yodel who have arrived gasping for nicotine induced breathing after climbing the steps up to our house ( Are they on zero hours terms ? ) but not on my doorstep,thank you. FWIW,Hermes is another "carrier" I avoid like the plague.They also operate on a "drop it and run" method.

• RMweb Gold

Confirmed that it's two locomotives on the cover, which is slightly different to the one in the BRM thread.

"Hatton's reveals two all-new locos"

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/brm/store/back-issues/british-railway-modelling-october-2017/

Definitely a Kirtley 2-4-0 in the silhouette. But is that a Crimson Lake herring?

Jason

Perhaps they will fill the gap on the Midland 0-6-0s with a Johnson 2F.

Lots of potential for various spin-off rebuilds and liveries over a period of nearly 90 years.

We've already got the 1F Tank, 3F (tender and Fowler tank) and 4F so how about the missing link.

• Like 1