Hattons new announcement...countdown timer started

adb968008

• RMweb Gold

You're all way off, the sillhouette is of the small batch of 2-4-0 tender locos built in 1895 for the Marpleshire and Brownshire Railway by Sharp Stewart, nos. 1-3, which were painted in Lake and known locally as the "Red Herrings" as they largely handled the fish specials and always had a slightly piscene pong.

​The actual announcement is going to be an AM10 emu.

Seriously though "Hardwicke" would be very nice, after all the LNWR was slightly larger than the Midland so it's about time the Premier line got something more celebrity than a very nice tank and LMS rebuilt goods locos.

One of my thoughts was a "Cauliflower" when I first saw that image and always assuming that image is correct.(not for a "Cauliflower" though) .Now that would be nice. ATM,given Muz's posts,the balance of probability is a "D".Still nice and long overdue.If  so,why Hattons and not Locomotion NRM ? Unless the NRM ,as they have recently done with Rails with the forthcoming Dynamometer Car,are entering into partnership with Hattons.Pure speculation......

Guest spet0114

One of my thoughts was a "Cauliflower" when I first saw that image and always assuming that image is correct.(not for a "Cauliflower" though) .Now that would be nice. ATM,given Muz's posts,the balance of probability is a "D".Still nice and long overdue.If  so,why Hattons and not Locomotion NRM ? Unless the NRM ,as they have recently done with Rails with the forthcoming Dynamometer Car,are entering into partnership with Hattons.Pure speculation......

Is the dyno car a partnership? As I understand it (and I may be wrong) the dyno is a partnership between Rails and Rapido. Locomotion/NRM are not involved beyond allowing (presumably for a fee) access to the prototype for scanning?

• RMweb Gold

assuming the silhouette on the cover of BRM is a 2-4-0, which it certainly looks like to me:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126063-brm-october-2017/&do=findComment&comment=2846819

and assuming too the mystery loco had a life beyond 1923, or even 1948, then the possibilities for us are indicated by this list of 2-4-0s from the BR Database:

http://www.brdatabase.info/classes.php?type=S&subtype=ws&arr=2-4-0

evidently there were relatively few locos with this wheel arrangement on Southern metals...

http://www.semgonline.com/proto/srstmdir.html

and the SECR D Class is a 4-4-0, which does not tally with the BRM cover image!

food for thought... not long to wait though :-)

cheers,

Keith

It will be 1 (one) pre owned Hornby Peckett, poor / incorrect box, chimney and one buffer missing, runs with a limp and a clicking noise.

BARGAIN at £150 (plus £4 Yodel- aye-eee-ohh chuck it over your gate fee) !!!

Brit15

• RMweb Premium

I must say I am getting rather fed up with announcements that there is going to be an announcement.  I would rather things were just straight out announced instead of all this silly faffing about.

I must say I am getting rather fed up with announcements that there is going to be an announcement.  I would rather things were just straight out announced instead of all this silly faffing about.

Everyone else seems to be having a bit of fun with this one; it's nothing to get bent out of shape about. Anyway; it's a bit of marketing, get people talking about something and then a few more people are likely to see the announcement when it's actually made and hence order the product.

Yes, I'll certainly be ordering a couple (or maybe more) of one of the announcements and I'm sure there will be a fair number of people very pleased with what's coming.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

In general I'd agree with you John; I heartily dislike the extended teasers from Rapido and Realtrack but this suspense over a few days manages (I think) to keep a fun element with little risk of tedium setting in.

• RMweb Gold

I think it is just a count down to when they are going to update their project status page: http://www.hattons.co.uk/projectupdates?utm_source=ehattons.com&utm_medium=redirect&utm_campaign=ehattonsredirect&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=projectupdates Last updated back in July  :jester:

Edited by Vistiaen

Now if there is video content, that means they already reached a fair stage that some prototype samples exist at least.

Video could equally hint that it is a moving item, so self propelled.

Now - there were hints in the past from Hatton's on Fell loco drawings. And the fact that I have obtained all parts to scratch build one increases this probability of it being that.

GT3 is also next on the list.

More remotely, a class 89 (wishful thinking on my part).

I've just ordered bits for GT3 too and got the etchs as well!!!

I hope your wrong lol

I'll have to remember this thread in future then as its described as "fun" when other speculative/wishlist threads I have seen are often quickly deleted/locked for some pretty flaky reasons. Its hard to keep up with the moving goalposts sometimes........... 

.....anyway.   I think its something from the BR Blue era given the font and appearance of the count down clock but Class and Region - no idea.