Engine Wood - now sold

Captain Kernow

It is Station Street in Burton-upon-Trent. Its not changed that much apart from the lack of Railway!!! 

Todays google street view (If Link works) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.8048188,-1.6360574,3a,60y,86.92h,95.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sH1qAtcqtpa6CqvGrCINBZA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Looking on that street view map Link. I turned it round and spotted a beer keg water fountain. My missus wants the garden done this year.

What a great idea. Thanks for that

• RMweb Premium

Looking on that street view map Link. I turned it round and spotted a beer keg water fountain. My missus wants the garden done this year.

What a great idea. Thanks for that

A beer keg beer fountain would be good.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It's an aqueduct of mild.

Not far off there Tim. I believe it was built to pipe the various beverages/liquid processes around the brewery to replace putting it on trains. High level pipes don’t hold up the traffic and allowed the removal of the internal rail system. We can’t blame the Doctor for that closure

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

This delightful little box belonged to and was made by 'Not Jeremy'

Thanks, John. May I just point out, though, that the signal box still belongs to The One Who Is Not Called Jeremy and that he is, in fact, going to get it back!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Splendid stuff. The 8F in particular is a fitting tribute to a class of loco that in the later years of the S&D (doff cap) did stirling work.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, John. May I just point out, though, that the signal box still belongs to The One Who Is Not Called Jeremy and that he is, in fact, going to get it back!

It really is a very attractive little box, I here rumours that a new layout may emerge around it.

Jerry

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.

'Engine Wood' is now in the possession of its new owner.

I'm delighted to have "taken possession" of this treasure, and many thanks to Tim for his consideration in this regard. It is by no means getting "dumped", although there will be somewhat of a delay before I get to erect it and run some trains, as we're currently in the throes of moving house, new jobs, new schools for kids etc etc, so it could be the end of the summer before it finally takes pride of place in my railway room when all the hub bub has died down (and I get all of the stuff that's currently in the room out of the way. I have to say can't wait!!!

I will post some pictures here once everything is up and going, and to keep things alive, but they'll by no means match the quality of the fantastic photos posted heretofore.

Here's looking forward to the summer!

Darren

• Like 12

Looking at your profile picture, I see a certain type of road vehicle.

Are you planning to use this,to transport the layout to future exhibitions ? Lol

On serious note, I am an avid Modern image modeller, but I show my full respect for such a wonderful and finely detailed layout.

I hope you really enjoy your new purchase, and have hours of pure enjoyment from it.

Best regards, Paul.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Captain K,

Only just discovered your lovely ex-layout. I was interested to learn the dimensions, length and width,

Regards,

Colin

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the kind words. In its final configuration in my ownership, it had a scenic section 14 feet long by 18" wide at the tunnel end, reducing to 15" wide at the other end. This did not include the fiddle yards.

I wish Darren all the very best with the layout and hope it gives lots of future enjoyment.

• Like 2