Engine Wood - now sold

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

Would you accept a Consortium offer CK, that is a group of folk 'clubbing each other together' that would go on to be exhibitionists?  There may be enough folk down the S & DJR way that could join up?

Phil

I just want it to go to a good home and be looked after properly. It would be great to raise some money for charity at the same time.

• RMweb Gold

I have been authorised by his CKness to release this photograph of the signalbox from Engine Wood whilst previously installed at Camerton. Taken c. 1989 in a garden in Gloucestershire

post-19301-0-69553600-1508428759_thumb.jpg

We hope to install it at another Camerton some time in the future.

Simon

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

We hope to install it at another Camerton some time in the future.

Simon

Yes please!

Do you have a thread for Cameron, Mr Castens, sir?

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Gold

Well, nothing hard and fast, but I'm happy to give it a month or so and see what happens.

I hope it will be somewhat bigger than a cakebox or other currently fashionable ultra miniaturisation ideas (soup tin will probably be the next one as the seem to shrink a bit each time a new competition is announced  :jester:  )

I hope it will be somewhat bigger than a cakebox or other currently fashionable ultra miniaturisation ideas (soup tin will probably be the next one as the seem to shrink a bit each time a new competition is announced  :jester:  )

Shhhhhhh......   They're probably mulling over the idea of a London Underground themed competition as we speak.....  :senile:

• RMweb Gold

The more prolific modellers will, of course, produce 57 different entries.

4456ff8af10250d35bece835164dcc30.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just picked up on this thread and, as others have said, I hope the layout goes to a good home and that Tim raises a goodly sum for his chosen charity. Engine Wood is a fabulous layout and has long been one of my favourites.

I must, however, add a spoiler of my own in that much as I love the S&D everybody knows that they never built a line down the Cam Valley. It was of course the NorthSomerset Light Railway with its line from Tucking Mill to Hallatrow (with a short spur to Midford). That said, you can't blame a chap for tweaking history in order to tap into the rich and delightful font of lines in the area:-))

Jerry

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Yes please!

Do you have a thread for Cameron, Mr Castens, sir?

No not yet Tim. CK and I are however currently hatching a cunning plan, it may take us a while though.....

Simon

Suitably Conservative, no doubt.

Rob.