Engine Wood - now sold

Captain Kernow

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A 'lost' engine. Quite how it got to EW is anybody's guess!

attachicon.gifEngine Wood 1.jpg

attachicon.gifEngine Wood 2.jpg

attachicon.gifEngine Wood 3.jpg

The up 'Riviera', I believe. Diverted from Exeter to run via the Southern to Templecombe, then up the 'Dorset' to Bristol TM via Radstock, Midford South Jct, Engine Wood and Hallatrow North Jct.

Special dispensation granted by the Chief Civil Engineer A. Cuthbertson at Paddington.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's occurred to me that I might start a thread covering my other two layouts (no plans to sell them, though!), so I'll see if I can dig a few photos out.

Yes please!

Was discussing *Camerton with Mr Castens# this afternoon.

*Not to be confused with Camerton

#No tea or biscuits were harmed during the conversation, although the opportunity was available.

• RMweb Gold

Yes please!

Was discussing *Camerton with Mr Castens# this afternoon.

*Not to be confused with Camerton

#No tea or biscuits were harmed during the conversation, although the opportunity was available.

I have to say it was not Richard Harris's finest hour. Looked okay but his singing was very poor.

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Due to unforseen but (eventually) temporary domestic circumstances, I am going extend the sale/offer period for 'Engine Wood' until at least the end of December 2017, so if you are still interested in acquiring the layout, please bear this in mind.

Just a reminder that all proceeds from the sale will be donated to one or more charities of my choice (one will certainly be a dementia charity).

I would also like to add that the sale of this layout will not in any way confer on the new owner the copyright to the 'Engine Wood' name, except in so far as it is the name of the layout itself and the new owner will obviously be entitled to continue to call it that. The background to this is that 'Engine Wood' is the name of my blog on this forum, and is also the name for my own website, as and when that is resuscitated (it's not currently active but I would like to reinstate it in due course). If there is any doubt on this point, please feel free to PM me and I can explain more.

Many thanks.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Greetings, with regard to the previous post, I suspect that the sale period will have to be further extended into January.

This remains the case, so the sale period will last at least until the end of January.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At a guess, and without anything else to go on, I'd say that our Mr Dubya has just posted a photo taken somewhere in the Burton-on-Trent area.

PS. Nice livery for that Sentinel, got me thinking, that has.

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

It was said that no one would ever rob a bank in Burton as the large number of level crossings which were in frequent use meant that the getaway car couldn't.

• Like 2

It was said that no one would ever rob a bank in Burton as the large number of level crossings which were in frequent use meant that the getaway car couldn't.

Unless they went by train of course???

• RMweb Premium

It is Station Street in Burton-upon-Trent. Its not changed that much apart from the lack of Railway!!! 

Todays google street view (If Link works) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.8048188,-1.6360574,3a,60y,86.92h,95.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sH1qAtcqtpa6CqvGrCINBZA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It is Station Street in Burton-upon-Trent. Its not changed that much apart from the lack of Railway!!! 

Todays google street view (If Link works) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.8048188,-1.6360574,3a,60y,86.92h,95.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sH1qAtcqtpa6CqvGrCINBZA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

So what was that high level viaduct type thingy in the background, then?