RMweb

fighting at exhibitions

Selkent

Its the disability scooter jousting matches you have to watch out for at some shows, especially when they reverse at speed by mistake...

...oops, not politically correct :nono:

Dava

PLEASE PLEASE I beg you- do not give Kelly (D827) any ideas regarding her contraption mobility scooter. She is enough of a menace with it as it is. Sitting in there barking out orders as though Davros. One time I am going to wrap a giant sheet of silver foil covered with upside down silver covered egg box cups around the scooter... :onthequiet:

Following an 'incident' at the Warley show a few years ago when the scooter went berserk and randomly decided to quadruple its maximum speed and take on a life of its own, narrowly missing stands and layout leaving millions (well one or two) of terrified showgoers to run for their lives. Said chair was cornered and with indecent haste a keyectomy was performed (no time for an anaesthetic or sedation) on it, a red 'not to go card' applied and said disgraced scooter was hidden away in the unused portion of the hall. It was last seen being freewheeled along the walkway back to International station and coaxed up a ramp into a Pendolino and its ultimate fate...

Ever since this incident there has been what I can only describe as a campaign to kill me by the scooter's younger leaner replacement. Any chance it gets it will strike, run over my feet, back into my shins, rip my back in half trying to lift its power source. So now I give scooters the respect that they tell me that they deserve- such as address it as "Your Majesty".

But should there ever be a scooter jousting occasion- it is best just to watch from afar and not get involved. Scooters have long memories and never never forget. :angel:

• Like 1

Never mind the violence of the average exhibition goer !

It's the 'over the top' violence from the private security guards brought into 'police' exhibitions that really worries me.

You mark my words, it can only be a matter of time before they come prepared with riot shields and fire baton rounds to quell the crowds.

Jest you may but just try being in an exhibition (ie at breakdown) after it has closed to the public without the correct badge on. One location I can think of has individuals that act as though Tornado officers.

• RMweb Gold

This is why Canadian exhibitions are normally held in hockey rinks. A couple of guys from opposing clubs disagree? They just drop their gloves and go toe to toe until they work it out of their system.

I went to watch a fight the other day, and a hockey match broke out...

A friendly welcome is always received at Model Rail , Scotland! 

That’s too light to be Caledonian Blue...

• RMweb Premium

A booking error at a major exhibition means the supporting groups for 'P2' 2001 Cock o'the North and 2007 Prince of Wales have to share a stand.....

Dava

Reet,

Blackgill all packed up and travelling to Hartlepool Exhibition.

Most important, travelling companions polished and ready for anything.

post-508-0-90320500-1508508932.jpg

Let's rock & roll!  (After I've had my afternoon nap.)

P

• RMweb Gold

Reet,

Blackgill all packed up and travelling to Hartlepool Exhibition.

Most important, travelling companions polished and ready for anything.

attachicon.gifBuets.jpg

Let's rock & roll!  (After I've had my afternoon nap.)

P

Rubs bleary eyes and yawns. (Nap recovery)

I'll be stamping on the bulllhead very lightly. Don't want to risk puncturing my Airwair.

P

Only 20 hole....what do you use them for then.......ballet ?

30's the minimum.

Uckfield show this weekend I'll be taking the CBD&RM down on Sunday (after they've been to Church of course). For those of you without the scars, if I tell you the  C stands for Catford you should  be afraid be very very afraid!

Being a Catfordian I'm very proud of my M.A. in armed robbery from our local University (I'm working on a P.h.D. in building society blagging) 

CAT

• Like 1

Only 20 hole....what do you use them for then.......ballet ?

30's the minimum.

Ballet???  I'll ballet yer! Get yersell to Hartlepool and I'll see ya under the Provost.

(There's a Jet Provost outside the venue on a stick)  I'll be the one with a walking frame.

• RMweb Gold

But should there ever be a scooter jousting occasion- it is best just to watch from afar and not get involved. Scooters have long memories and never never forget. :angel:

Given the power source, this seems to be a clear-cut case of assault and battery.

• RMweb Gold

A recent photo of a north west England event in which a keen enthusiast is attempting to make a space for his young son to see a Thomas the Tank Engine layout 

I bet he's got a rucksack around the back as well...talk about anti-social...

• RMweb Premium

The current issue of 'Viz' magazine has a feature on 'the model railway enthusiast', it is not complimentary , as you might expect, but a grain of truth there, model trains preferred to scantily clad nubile women etc, ..available from Tesco & usual outlets...

Dava

• RMweb Premium

The current issue of 'Viz' magazine has a feature on 'the model railway enthusiast', it is not complimentary , as you might expect, but a grain of truth there, model trains preferred to scantily clad nubile women etc, ..available from Tesco & usual outlets...

Dava

No-one told me about availability of scantily clad nubile women at Tescos! What aisle are they on?

;)

• Like 1

Dava

There seems to be an irregular supply of both preferences over on the SOS Junction thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Weds 22nd Nov  MODEL RAILWAY FANS Get PISSed & KICK OFF  SOCIAL DRINKIES NIGHT  open invite to all the local faces and waring clubs and gauges, all welcome apart from The garden railway lot who are still banned.  If you in London, maybe you live here or have come down from the north for the day to see what the term 'Infrastructure' you heard people talking about actually looks like, pop in and enjoy a friendly pint and chat about model railways.  (they have a stash of Brown Ale for sale in the bar for visitors from far away).  Southwark MRC usually attend so could still kick off.  Starts at 7pm and all welcome.   We actually have the whole venue and it is a great social night and the venue is next to New Cross BR and on major bus routes 177, 453 and 53 and free parking and 4 bike racks.  (there is  alco free cider and lager) for those driving.  Venue is The London Theatre, 443 New Cross Road, London, SE14 6TA.   Last time Ray Branchard organised a Stripper for the night and again this month will organise a sander or a jigsaw to bring with him.  see www.thelondontheatre.com  for details.   Also can we have a few more men turn up, otherwise it's mostly women. 

Weds 22nd Nov  MODEL RAILWAY FANS Get PISSed & KICK OFF  SOCIAL DRINKIES NIGHT  open invite to all the local faces and waring clubs and gauges, all welcome apart from The garden railway lot who are still banned.  If you in London, maybe you live here or have come down from the north for the day to see what the term 'Infrastructure' you heard people talking about actually looks like, pop in and enjoy a friendly pint and chat about model railways.  (they have a stash of Brown Ale for sale in the bar for visitors from far away).  Southwark MRC usually attend so could still kick off.  Starts at 7pm and all welcome.   We actually have the whole venue and it is a great social night and the venue is next to New Cross BR and on major bus routes 177, 453 and 53 and free parking and 4 bike racks.  (there is  alco free cider and lager) for those driving.  Venue is The London Theatre, 443 New Cross Road, London, SE14 6TA.   Last time Ray Branchard organised a Stripper for the night and again this month will organise a sander or a jigsaw to bring with him.  see www.thelondontheatre.com  for details.   Also can we have a few more men turn up, otherwise it's mostly women. 

I'll be there will bells on. Well if I can turn over a Morris Dancer between now and then. Otherwise it will just be me and my Doc Martens. 

By the eck, sounds like a cracking night out. 'Bout time you got some beers in from't local micro breweries.

Trouble at mill, na punch up at local exhibition, probably Bexleyheath show.

Millwall were going to send their supporters on an away special, but the regular users complained about the mess they left behind in their rolling stock !

• Like 1