Accurascale

Thanks for taking the time to post Fran :)

Now I know where you are coming from I feel more of a sense of interest rather than my previous "meh-ness"

After all even if they may not be exactly "my thing" it is always good to see new developments 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good luck with this new venture, I just hope the self appointed accuracy police within the hobby give you a fair chance to prove yourself. (a bit of a rash move describing your models as being accurate!?!)

Thanks for the well wishes! We feel the name reflects our goal of producing models in miniature of the real thing while providing simple solutions to making them as simple as possible to covert to EM and P4 finescale standards as seen on our Irish models. We are in talks with the likes of the scalefour society to ensure we get this aspect bang on.

More will be revealed in this regard when we have something tangible to show all (currently undergoing tooling in our factory )

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Hi Fran

This is great news. Your fantastic ballast and cement wagons tempted me to think about Irish railways. Can't wait to see what's in store for us

Settle and CarlIsle anhydrite wagons, perhaps? I'd love a manufacturer to produce these rtr!

John Storey

Well, as long as you produce a 102t Sheerness Steel bogie scrap wagon in the 31xx series, you will obviously have my vote and can do nothing wrong. (So that I don't have to spend another three years converting old POA wagons and bogies).

That is not the beginning of a wish list, as it is obviously a pressing need and thus State priority.........although not in Ireland necessarily, but we are all Europeans now. Oh, sh.t, I forgot.

This is not a wishlist, but I’m still waiting for: Mark I RB, Swindon Cross-country unit, a Class 25 that is at least vaguely accurate, a Manor, 43XX mogul, ex-LMS catering car of some description, ditto for GWR, SR and LNER, Gresley end-door stock (or any Gresley gangwayed stock that is the correct shape), LMS push-pull set, Standard 2MT tank, blue TOPS 47 with headcode panel and dominoes, disc headcode 40s in sensible liveries and not DCC sound, BRCW Class 104 unit, Derby Class 116, Mark I non-gangwayed stock, LMS open third and composite (pre-war), Bulleid stock (early and late), GWR Collett full brake and siphons, GWR non-gangwayed stock (even just a new B-set would be nice), A5 tank, Caprotti Standard 5MT, rebuilt Crosti 9F with a proper chassis including brake gear, LMS 2P 4-4-0, and probably more things I would buy but can’t think of right now.

And so it begins.......74 more days lads, fill your boots!

And while we're at it....

Sheets of brass that FOLD THEMSELVES into any model you want

And self weathering paint would be good too.

And as we all know a class 103 park royal dmu would sell many thousands in the first week of production, honest.

Edited by The Ghost of IKB
  • Like 1

And as we all know a class 103 park royal dmu would sell many thousands in the first week of production, honest.

I'd buy a couple although I think an RTR model of one is unlikely. The largest DMU classes not modelled in 00 are 104, 116 and 120 if I recall correctly.

• RMweb Gold

A quick Question what are your distribution plans? Are you selling direct or via shops or both? I always try to buy from my local shop to keep them in business there are not many about anymore in Scotland.

Hi Shunny,

Good question! With Irish Railway Models we sell online, at shows and through our local retailers and traders and it has worked well.

Our plan is to pursue a similar strategy in the UK if there is sufficient demand and desire to do so amongst retailers who we will be talking to in the coming weeks. Our goal is to offer high end detail items at an attractive price point.

We will be certainly selling direct online with free shipping bundle deals and at a number of UK shows where modellers can also meet us for a chat.

Fran (up to his neck in bubbles currently!)

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I see 76 days of random wishlisting followed by at least 12 months of moaning, heated arguments and dummies thrown out of prams....

But good luck all the same.

There is little we can do about the wishlisting, except confirm that we inow what we will be releasing for the next three years already. However, we can prevent 12 months of moaning as our strategy will be to only announce a new model when we have a production sample to show you all that’s ready for production, so wait times will be approx 8-10 weeks. :)

• Like 10