Accurascale

If we are going to reinvent the TT wheel (and I would like that), it would make more sense to stick with continental standards and have 1:120 scale trains running on 12mm track. So much more stuff already available.

But not in the UK fine scale 3mm hobby which is well established as using 14.2mm track. Therein lies one reason why I really don't think we'll ever see R-T-R 3mm from Accurascale or anybody else. At least in 4mm the scale of the models is agreed.

Edited by Anglian

Anyone able to add 2 and 2 to get 6 from the different buffer types in the image on the Facebook site?!  Will obviously remove if including this creates any offence, or stirs frothers too much!

Two an two to get six from five buffers eh !!?! .............. either nobody's got a clue about buffers or accurate replies are getting redacted ............................. well, I think it's fair to say that these buffers - assuming they would be fitted to a specific vehicle type at one time or another - would point to a vehicle that started out with unfitted and vac-fitted versions ; that some or all of the former were vac-fitted later and gained hydraulic buffers ( and screw couplings ) : while some ended up with heavy-duty buffers and probably Instanter couplings ......................... now that slims it down to virtually any mid 20th Century wagon on either side of the Irish Sea .......... but I bet we can be certain about one thing - it had four wheels. ( 2+2=6 ? NAH ! )

• Like 3

Great stuff, lads, and I can't wait to see the results of what looks to be some intelligent and thoughtful preparation. 

A Bandon tank or a snuffling old J15 would be great, mind you.  Or the Fintona tram.

Looking forward to the Reveal.

Tony McSeán

Great stuff, lads, and I can't wait to see the results of what looks to be some intelligent and thoughtful preparation. 

A Bandon tank or a snuffling old J15 would be great, mind you.  Or the Fintona tram.

ex-GS&WR 400/500 class 4-6-0 might be another, or the ex-DSER "K2".....

Just for fun, shall we start a guessing game for Accurascale's first announcement?...

Something that's a showpiece for the level of detail they aim to achieve, distinctive, not previously available (as a current standard model) would seem like a plan.

I'll punt the Limestone container conflats, (cannot remember the BR diagram and am away from my ref books).

• Like 1

Something that's a showpiece for the level of detail they aim to achieve, distinctive, not previously available (as a current standard model) would seem like a plan.

I'll punt the Limestone container conflats, (cannot remember the BR diagram and am away from my ref books).

Conflat L & LD containers. I asked for them in the survey...

Mike

Looking forward to the Reveal.

Tony McSeán

Don’t be a Dick!

EDIT: perhaps to those not in the know I should explain that the Fintona tram was horsedrawn and the horses (stallions or mares) were always called Dick. I’m not being gratuitously insulting.

Edited by No Decorum
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Maybe it will have nothing to do with Irish railways. The clue is in post 25.

Correct Colin.

Accurascale will be British outine models. Irish outline will continue under the Irish Railway Models banner, with three (possibly four!) new Irish outline models coming out in 2018 as well as the currently announced Tara’s.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion!

• Like 3