Falcon Brassworks

cctransuk

Are you suggesting that those that read and post here are the sum total of all the customers the would use Falcon ?

I wouldn't suggest to a business owner that they ignore personal communication in favour of just one avenue, that could be very costly.

No I am not. Her comment is addressed to people who have placed an order and have had no response. That is the first objective and that is what now needs to be resolved. What communication service they then wish to offer going forward (possible updates on their website) is then up to them.

Yet again we seem to go off the current issue which is to get the outstanding problems addressed. No wonder Sam gets concerned about posting on this forum.

• RMweb Premium

I often wonder what peoples thoughts would be if these were sold through somewhere like Amazon or Ebay.   Would they be so considerate of delays ?

Probably not - but then Falcon Brassworks is not an Amazon / Ebay operation.

The kits are available, subject to a level of patience on the part of the customer which reflects the time that Samantha can devote to supplying our needs.

Those that cannot accept that minor inconvenience should seek to fulfil their needs for Jidenco / Falcon Brassworks products via Amazon / Ebay.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Probably not - but then Falcon Brassworks is not an Amazon / Ebay operation.

The kits are available, subject to a level of patience on the part of the customer which reflects the time that Samantha can devote to supplying our needs.

Those that cannot accept that minor inconvenience should seek to fulfil their needs for Jidenco / Falcon Brassworks products via Amazon / Ebay.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

But looking at the website you have no idea of the extended delays or personal issues.

We are, but a small part of the modelling world.

• RMweb Premium

But looking at the website you have no idea of the extended delays or personal issues.

We are, but a small part of the modelling world.

True, but the world is far from perfect! Now and again, life fails to live up to our expectations.

Provided that the inconvenience / disappointment is not the result of a malicious act, we have to accept that.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

True, but the world is far from perfect! Now and again, life fails to live up to our expectations.

Provided that the inconvenience / disappointment is not the result of a malicious act, we have to accept that.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Gents as one of the affected parties with an order placed 25th November last, it isthe total lack of communication that has been most frustrating. That and the fact that there is a time limit for claiming and feceiving a refund when using Paypal as a payment method. The deadline for me is fast approaching (22nd February). If Samantha had realised that she could not currently handle business and TOLD customers we would not be in this situation.

As it stands I am now between a rock and a hard place. Having opened a case for non delivery through Paypal I now have to let it run its course as, if I close it, I will not be able to reopen it if I decide to give Samantha more time to fulfil the order and that fails. Going to another manufacturer is not an option for what I have ordered.

Tim T

• RMweb Premium

Gents as one of the affected parties with an order placed 25th November last, it isthe total lack of communication that has been most frustrating. That and the fact that there is a time limit for claiming and feceiving a refund when using Paypal as a payment method. The deadline for me is fast approaching (22nd February). If Samantha had realised that she could not currently handle business and TOLD customers we would not be in this situation.

As it stands I am now between a rock and a hard place. Having opened a case for non delivery through Paypal I now have to let it run its course as, if I close it, I will not be able to reopen it if I decide to give Samantha more time to fulfil the order and that fails. Going to another manufacturer is not an option for what I have ordered.

Tim T

In your position, I would not hesitate to cancel the Paypal case - Samantha has already offered me - and at least one other member - a refund for an item ordered that is not immediately available.

" I have a personal email address that is connected to my mobile it's sammythurgood@msn.com  .... if anyone would like a refund please contact me on my personal email and I will sort it out".

I am sure that if you use the personal e-mail address above to request a refund, it will be forthcoming. Alternatively, if you request an update from the same e-mail address, I would expect you to receive a reply.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Tim T

Snap, ordered mine on the 24th October Paypal is saying a case deadline on my order is 22nd February too , perhaps yours should be March ?.

I agree re being frustrating, and again the only kit of the Loco that I have ordered is from Falcon. At the moment I await a update from Samantha where to go next , which should be in a couple of days. She has offered to refund orders in her message yesterday. I believe you can cancel the dispute if you wish. Have you emailed Samatha re your kits current position ?.

Snap, ordered mine on the 24th October Paypal is saying a case deadline on my order is 22nd February too , perhaps yours should be March ?.

I agree re being frustrating, and again the only kit of the Loco that I have ordered is from Falcon. At the moment I await a update from Samantha where to go next , which should be in a couple of days. She has offered to refund orders in her message yesterday. I believe you can cancel the dispute if you wish. Have you emailed Samatha re your kits current position ?.

Yes but using the falcon brass web contact address twice and the Paypal contact seller system, all without any response!

If I cancel the dispute I cannot reopen it later if the kit is still not forthcoming.

Will try her direct email later tonight

Tim T

• RMweb Premium

She said, "I will set my computer up tomorrow and get on with it this week", so I'd say give her a week for something to happen with one of us (either a delivery or some communication). If none of us hears/receives anything, I'd keep your disputes open with paypal - and I'll (reluctantly) open one too. 

She said, "I will set my computer up tomorrow and get on with it this week", so I'd say give her a week for something to happen with one of us (either a delivery or some communication). If none of us hears/receives anything, I'd keep your disputes open with paypal - and I'll (reluctantly) open one too.

Please my name is Samantha and Don't worry. Everyone will recieve an update this week. Then depending on the outcome you can choose to receive a refund or not.

Xx

Samantha

Good to hear from you and we all are hoping you and your family are well. Certainly most of the posts are supportive and all eager will be eager to hear from you

Know what its like a bit as for the past year we had a very difficult time with a building project which ran into builder issues then a bit of a health scare, so in my case modelling has been on the back burner for the best part of 15 months. For the most part its been impossible to do anything either due to lack of space or time to do anything, when on the rare occasions I had time and space the will to get started was just not there. Difficult to explain how you cannot focus on simple activities which normally are done on auto pilot.

I think I speak for all in sending Best wisher and good luck for the future

In your position, I would not hesitate to cancel the Paypal case - Samantha has already offered me - and at least one other member - a refund for an item ordered that is not immediately available.

" I have a personal email address that is connected to my mobile it's sammythurgood@msn.com  .... if anyone would like a refund please contact me on my personal email and I will sort it out".

I am sure that if you use the personal e-mail address above to request a refund, it will be forthcoming. Alternatively, if you request an update from the same e-mail address, I would expect you to receive a reply.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Totally agree. If I had not had a response from Sam this week I would have used this option. Now we know the position there is no need to invoke Paypal. We are not dealing with the likes of Coopercraft here and having had an excellent service from Sam in the past I trust her to fulfil the order. I for one will not be seeking a refund .

• Like 1

Samantha

Good to hear from you and we all are hoping you and your family are well. Certainly most of the posts are supportive and all eager will be eager to hear from you

Know what its like a bit as for the past year we had a very difficult time with a building project which ran into builder issues then a bit of a health scare, so in my case modelling has been on the back burner for the best part of 15 months. For the most part its been impossible to do anything either due to lack of space or time to do anything, when on the rare occasions I had time and space the will to get started was just not there. Difficult to explain how you cannot focus on simple activities which normally are done on auto pilot.

I think I speak for all in sending Best wisher and good luck for the future

Samantha, can I endorse the sentiments above, Tim Tumber

• RMweb Premium

Samantha, can I endorse the sentiments above, Tim Tumber

It's gone quiet here - presumably the recent vociferous posters have, like me, received an update from Samantha?

.... and as an added bonus, the balance of my order for two kits has now arrived.

Keep up the good work, Samantha!!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 7

Tim T

SUCESS! Samantha has now delivered my brake van kit and it is well worth thw wait.

Thank you, now I need to save my pension or sell some more Canadion HO stuff to order another one :^)

Tim T

• Like 1

I have now received instead of a LNER F8 Loco etch a etch for a Highland Railway Small Ben Tender !!.

I have emailed Samantha re this and so far no response after three days. As she has mentioned seeing the comments on this thread , hopefully I will get my Loco, instead of what I have at the moment !!  

Please !!

• RMweb Premium

I have now received instead of a LNER F8 Loco etch a etch for a Highland Railway Small Ben Tender !!.

I have emailed Samantha re this and so far no response after three days. As she has mentioned seeing the comments on this thread , hopefully I will get my Loco, instead of what I have at the moment !!  

Please !!

Sorry for you, Mick. Just got home after having been away for a week to find my order present and correct (not an F8). 

While this is encouraging, and there are a lot of other things I want in the range, I'll want to see if this rate of delivery keeps up, or if deliveries come in fits and 4-month starts, and only when people complain enough. 

• RMweb Gold

Please !!

Just looked through the loco kits and they don't do an F8, they do the GER ones - F5, 6 and 7. The only NER locos are J21 and 24. The Small Ben tender is LK08 though.

• 3 weeks later...

An unmade Jidenco 4 wheel GWR Tool van just sold on eBay for £41 even though it is apparently still in production under the subsequent Falcon Brassworks branding for just £22.

Capitalisation at its best, though it seems not too easy to obtain items from Falcon Brassworks at the moment