Falcon Brassworks

cctransuk

• RMweb Gold

Give a rest  peeps.There are far bigger problems than this .

The Middle East? Russia? Brexit? Insert your preferred crisis here....

You're right, I was just thinking

'shall I fit the 1420 that came in the post into the Q1 tonight or shall I sit and worry about how much Putin is making from Middle Eastern unrest'....then I thought....who gives a shi

Never see the point of the first post, if you're not the one waiting for paid goods then you don't understand, it could be that modellers entire budget for the month so is the most important thing to them.

• Like 2

I can understand the frustration that has been caused, and in hindsight perhaps the odd email reply or note on the website would be usefull

What we do know is that Samantha's first responsibility is to her family and she attends to the model railway side as and when she can, we also one of her children needed a visit to a London children's hospital. Lets hope all is well for her and her family at home.

• RMweb Gold

I can understand the frustration that has been caused, and in hindsight perhaps the odd email reply or note on the website would be usefull

What we do know is that Samantha's first responsibility is to her family and she attends to the model railway side as and when she can, we also one of her children needed a visit to a London children's hospital. Lets hope all is well for her and her family at home.

I have very sympathy, and agree her first priority is to her family.  

The website though states that there are 4 owners 

Falcon Brassworks now has new owners - Nigel, Jackie, Peter and Sam. Some of you will recognise Nigel as one of the owners of Dart Castings/MJT Scale Components. Falcon will continue to be operated as a separate company and will not be integrated into Dart Castings, but there will be a trading relationship. What this means to customers is that both companies will be sharing a stand at shows.

I would have thought that one of the others has the ability to reply to simple emails.  

Dave

Not saying anything about right or wrongs, but I have an inkling in one of her replies Samantha stated she alone was running and responsible for Falcon Brassworks and  the other owners were not able to be involved.

This may go some way to explain periods of silence with family matters taking precedence. Whilst I can appreciate its frustrating if there are problems the business comes down the list of priorities. Lets hope all is well and the business sorts its self out soon 

Dave

Not saying anything about right or wrongs, but I have an inkling in one of her replies Samantha stated she alone was running and responsible for Falcon Brassworks and  the other owners were not able to be involved.

This may go some way to explain periods of silence with family matters taking precedence. Whilst I can appreciate its frustrating if there are problems the business comes down the list of priorities. Lets hope all is well and the business sorts its self out soon 

Didn't she say she was hoping to get around to changing the web site as it was currently out of date/misleading .... that was if she decided to continue with the business. The fact that this has not happened yet I assume means that either life has again got forcefully in the way, or she has yet to commit to continuing with the business.

• RMweb Gold

Dave

Didn't she say she was hoping to get around to changing the web site as it was currently out of date/misleading .... that was if she decided to continue with the business. The fact that this has not happened yet I assume means that either life has again got forcefully in the way, or she has yet to commit to continuing with the business.

You are both correct, but unfortunately with the acceptance of payment but no further communication the business is drifting towards Coopercraft territory.  

With the investment that would have been made in purchasing the phototools, it seems very odd that the other 3 listed on the website seemingly play no part. While I have sympathy in peoples personal situations, business is business.

I think that the Dart Castings partners have got to get a grip of this, the reputational damage could cost them dear

If, indeed, they are still partners. Previous posts suggest that this may no longer be the case. If so, they could suffer 'repetitional damage' through no fault of their own, which is pretty bad news.

If, indeed, they are still partners. Previous posts suggest that this may no longer be the case. If so, they could suffer 'repetitional damage' through no fault of their own, which is pretty bad news.

Previous posts have suggested that they are all family members

Good evening everyone. I'm going to start with apologising to you all. This is the first time since Christmas I have seen anyone's messages. I will not bore everyone with the details as to why I have not been dealing with it but as you all know my children come first. I have not had time to set up my computer and it's only the fact RM web is connected to my mobile emails I can see what is being written on this feed. I didn't realise anyone had made an order so I'm sorry it has not been dealt with. I will set my computer up tomorrow and get on with it this week. I have a personal email address that is connected to my mobile it's sammythurgood@msn.com

Please feel free to contact me on there. I will definitely see it but may not come back straight away. I have appointments for my children everyday apart from Friday this week so I shall only be working in the evenings from about 8. I will also see any comments from this post on my emails as well. I hope you understand and if anyone would like a refund please contact me on my personal email and I will sort it out. Once again sorry. Samantha

Good evening everyone. I'm going to start with apologising to you all. This is the first time since Christmas I have seen anyone's messages. I will not bore everyone with the details as to why I have not been dealing with it but as you all know my children come first. I have not had time to set up my computer and it's only the fact RM web is connected to my mobile emails I can see what is being written on this feed. I didn't realise anyone had made an order so I'm sorry it has not been dealt with. I will set my computer up tomorrow and get on with it this week. I have a personal email address that is connected to my mobile it's sammythurgood@msn.com

Please feel free to contact me on there. I will definitely see it but may not come back straight away. I have appointments for my children everyday apart from Friday this week so I shall only be working in the evenings from about 8. I will also see any comments from this post on my emails as well. I hope you understand and if anyone would like a refund please contact me on my personal email and I will sort it out. Once again sorry. Samantha

Welcome back, Samantha. Family comes first - always.

Oh ye of little faith - now you can get back to things of real import, safe in the knowledge that Samantha has not :-

a] disappeared off the face of the earth;

b] run off with the takings of Falcon Brassworks;

c] found the feedback from RMweb so hard to take that she has chucked in the whole undertaking.

It doesn't take much - the cost of a reasonably-priced etched brass kit - to cause a crisis, does it ?!?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 2

Great news. I have always had good service from Falcon and Dart Castings and this seemed so out of character. I have emailed Sam suggesting that she just keeps us in the loop by posting updates here. That way her time is not taken up answering individual emails. Hopefully, she will not be frightened away from doing this by the types of responses she has had in the past. Her postings here are now a vital link. I wish her good luck.

Oh ye of little faith - now you can get back to things of real import, safe in the knowledge that Samantha has not :-

a] disappeared off the face of the earth;

b] run off with the takings of Falcon Brassworks;

c] found the feedback from RMweb so hard to take that she has chucked in the whole undertaking.

It doesn't take much - the cost of a reasonably-priced etched brass kit - to cause a crisis, does it ?!?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Indeed, but as in the text from Samantha, the posts have prompted her response, otherwise people would still be wondering what is happening. A result all-round and everybody is happy !!!

I have had a nice email from Samantha, and hopefully a kit soon !!.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have emailed Sam suggesting that she just keeps us in the loop by posting updates here. That way her time is not taken up answering individual emails. Hopefully, she will not be frightened away from doing this by the types of responses she has had in the past. Her postings here are now a vital link. I wish her good luck.

Are you suggesting that those that read and post here are the sum total of all the customers the would use Falcon ?

I wouldn't suggest to a business owner that they ignore personal communication in favour of just one avenue, that could be very costly.

Are you suggesting that those that read and post here are the sum total of all the customers the would use Falcon ?

I wouldn't suggest to a business owner that they ignore personal communication in favour of just one avenue, that could be very costly.

Perhaps the best avenue would be to have a news section on the home page of the Falcon web site. This could inform customers of current wait times and delays.

Indeed, but as in the text from Samantha, the posts have prompted her response, otherwise people would still be wondering what is happening. A result all-round and everybody is happy !!!

I have had a nice email from Samantha, and hopefully a kit soon !!.

I did send Samantha a personal e-mail, drawing her attention to the disquiet here and offering any assistance that I could give.

Whatever, we now seem to be back on track - but let's not expect box-shifter service from a one-person, part-time operation.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

Whatever, we now seem to be back on track - but let's not expect box-shifter service from a one-person, part-time operation.

Whilst I agree to an extent with your sentiment, a modeller who does not frequent this forum will have no idea of this.  They might well think it is an arm of Dart with 4 people running it, so a few changes to the website with ordering timelines would be prefered.

Whilst I agree to an extent with your sentiment, a modeller who does not frequent this forum will have no idea of this.  They might well think it is an arm of Dart with 4 people running it, so a few changes to the website with ordering timelines would be prefered.

Probably not a priority at this time - given Samantha's other commitments.

Regards,

John Isherwood.