Falcon Brassworks

cctransuk

Well nearly a week on since the Tender arrived and still no reply from Samantha or anyone else at Falcon.

I am beginning to wonder if will ever see one as well.  :no:  :O

Heading towards another month , I had a email from Samatha confirming which kit I wanted 3 weeks ago, no eta for actually receiving anything despite asking such obvious information.

Nothing heard further from her ,another email sent asking when I am getting the kit sent last Friday ,unanswered so far. 

Not impressed .

Heading towards another month , I had a email from Samatha confirming which kit I wanted 3 weeks ago, no eta for actually receiving anything despite asking such obvious information.

Nothing heard further from her ,another email sent asking when I am getting the kit sent last Friday ,unanswered so far.

Not impressed.

Looks like it's all going well, then.

Not impressed .

Although not excusing Samatha for keeping you informed , it may be that she is waiting for the etches to make up your kit.

The most popular etcher for model railway items is increasingly slower with deliveries, possibly due to work load. Eight weeks turnaround is now common, more at certain times in the exhibition calendar when the Gauge O suppliers are placing orders for kits that need a lot more metal than the 4mm equivalent. 

Although not excusing Samatha for keeping you informed , it may be that she is waiting for the etches to make up your kit.

The most popular etcher for model railway items is increasingly slower with deliveries, possibly due to work load. Eight weeks turnaround is now common, more at certain times in the exhibition calendar when the Gauge O suppliers are placing orders for kits that need a lot more metal than the 4mm equivalent. 

Jol 

This has been ongoing since last October.

When I did recieve a kit after waiting over 3 months, it was for a Tender, not for the  Loco required. This was not helped by their website ordering page, mixing up the order at the time I ordered, this was only realised by me, when the wrong kit arrived.

If Samantha is waiting for the etches , not a problem , it takes a couple of minutes to have the courtesy to inform customers of the current status.

Jol 

This has been ongoing since last October.

When I did recieve a kit after waiting over 3 months, it was for a Tender, not for the  Loco required. This was not helped by their website ordering page, mixing up the order at the time I ordered, this was only realised by me, when the wrong kit arrived.

If Samantha is waiting for the etches , not a problem , it takes a couple of minutes to have the courtesy to inform customers of the current status.

Mick,

as I said I was not excusing Samantha for not keeping you informed.

I am very much aware of the impact on another Small Supplier of the "delays" with one particular etcher. I recently sent of the production tool artwork for an upgrade to a NER/LNER loco kit,, but it'll be at least eight weeks before anything comes back, which can be rather dispiriting for a supplier and frustrating for customers.

Jol

• RMweb Gold

Mick,

as I said I was not excusing Samantha for not keeping you informed.

I am very much aware of the impact on another Small Supplier of the "delays" with one particular etcher. I recently sent of the production tool artwork for an upgrade to a NER/LNER loco kit,, but it'll be at least eight weeks before anything comes back, which can be rather dispiriting for a supplier and frustrating for customers.

Jol

If this is a Scottish supplier with 3 letters as a name, I sent off some artwork for etching  20 days ago and received them back within 14 days which was the quickest they've been. (excellent etches too.....allowing for my artwork!)

If this is a Scottish supplier with 3 letters as a name, I sent off some artwork for etching  20 days ago and received them back within 14 days which was the quickest they've been. (excellent etches too.....allowing for my artwork!)

Dave,

no, not them. They have a very good reputation for one offs but I send my artwork to one of the longer established etchers, as they are one of the regular companies that JR uses. Unfortunately they are very popular, so longer lead times.

The one you use also has different artwork requirements to the two use, so I would have to draw my artwork differently.

Jol

Good Evening everyone (or should I say Morning!!!!)

So while I was just sitting down with my husband tonight after finally getting the children to sleep

we started talking about tomorrow (or today) as most of you know our son has cerebral palsy,

His current wheelchair is not working for him at the moment so he is unable to move around on his own

this means he has to go in a double buggy with his younger sister. (can you just imagine how happy he is,

a nearly 4 year old boy having to go around in a pushchair all because his little legs do not work, He is NOT

happy in the least). Anyway we are lucky enough to have an appointment at the wheelchair service (these take months by the way).

So we start talking and are both very nervouse about this appointment. I then look at my diary and see that in the afternoon

we have an appointment with the social services for our new house, we still have not yet moved in!!!

We have been told he now needs to have the downstair converted so he has a bedroom and bathroom downstairs as he is unable to go

upstairs.

So after talking about both of these appointments I then go onto my emails to look for the confirmation email from the wheelchair service and I see

RM WEB pop up in my inbox. Oh how happy I am to see that when I open them all I see is yet more negative comments!!!

So...... I have had enough.......

As of tonight the website will only be selling the wagon kits. The etches for anything else will no longer be available to order.

I simply can not take anymore comments like I have previously and they are clearly never going to stop (unless the business runs like amazon, and trust me

it NEVER will!!!!)

I have enough to worry about with my son, tomorrow is going to be a big day for him and us as a family and sitting up half the night sorting this out is not

something I wanted to do.

However, It is what it is. If you have placed an order it will be met and you will recieve what you have ordered.

Like I said in previouse posts, I only kept this going as I knew some of the kits were hard to get hold of elsewhere, I havent made any money out of doing this

I do not even have an interest in trains!!!!! I was doing it as I knew things like this should be kept going or they will dissapear alltogether.

Im afraid for now that is what is happening with this company. I just can not be dealing with the additional stress it is putting upon me.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has supported me up until now. You are one of the reasons I didnt shut it down last time, I feel however

this is only going to carry on and will cause me more stress that i do not need.

All I can say is that I tried, I did my best but obviously not well enough, sorry.

Thanks again

Samantha

sorry if i have made spelling mistakes it late!!!!

• Friendly/supportive 1

Samantha

Not much we can say in reply other than wishing you and your family well for the future and thank you for at least having a go. I know (and help) a couple of traders, mention copments on RMweb and they just smile and never take notice of what's said

• Like 1

Samantha,

The only negative comment appears to be mine and for that I apologise, as I wasn't aware as to how serious your children problems are and I wish them well for the future .

My post was born from frustration. As said before, I am more than happy to wait for the item. The last thing that was intended by me, was for you to decide to withdraw the kits from sale, this would be a sad loss to everybody.

Mick

Actually, I have been contemplating a kit, and Falcon Brassworks were on my list of potential suppliers. If nothing else, this thread has saved me from passing money over to another potential Coopercraft.

That last comment is uncalled for.

Samantha's difficulties have been founded on very unfortunate family circumstances.  That she tried to keep Falcon Brass going and indeed re-introduced the loco kit etches through demand from customers is to her credit.

Which is rather different from the Coopercraft scenario where things could, through a different approach, have been managed successfully.

Jol

• Friendly/supportive 1

I agree that Samantha's family circumstances are wholly unfortunate.

Nevertheless, accepting orders and not delivering, or communicating (over an extended period, not overnight), is uncool.

Samantha,

The only negative comment appears to be mine and for that I apologise, as I wasn't aware as to how serious your children problems are and I wish them well for the future .

My post was born from frustration. As said before, I am more than happy to wait for the item. The last thing that was intended by me, was for you to decide to withdraw the kits from sale, this would be a sad loss to everybody.

Mick

Too late now.

Alea est iacta

I agree that Samantha's family circumstances are wholly unfortunate.

Nevertheless, accepting orders and not delivering, or communicating (over an extended period, not overnight), is uncool.

They were delivering. It takes longer than a couple of weeks to turn around brass etches though.

The reasons why Samantha was slow on the email has been chronicled in the reply she posted and also her previous posts.

Waiting a few months is not hard and certainly not the end of the world.

We all have other kits to build or blue and red boxes to froth over.

Regards,

Craig W

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

They were delivering. It takes longer than a couple of weeks to turn around brass etches though.

The reasons why Samantha was slow on the email has been chronicled in the reply she posted and also her previous posts.

Waiting a few months is not hard and certainly not the end of the world.

We all have other kits to build or blue and red boxes to froth over.

Regards,

Craig W

Whilst that's true for here, RMWeb isn't the only place to get info so there is a large part of the modelling world who have no idea of the circumstance.

The website first page is unchanged since August 2013 and lists 4 owners including the owner of Dart, if you were a purchaser from the site before today how would you know it was any different.

Looking at the site now with 'Not currently available' listed on page after page, it would not fill me with any confidence to purchase.

Whilst that's true for here, RMWeb isn't the only place to get info so there is a large part of the modelling world who have no idea of the circumstance.

The website first page is unchanged since August 2013 and lists 4 owners including the owner of Dart, if you were a purchaser from the site before today how would you know it was any different.

Looking at the site now with 'Not currently available' listed on page after page, it would not fill me with any confidence to purchase.

True,

But it would appear on the face of things that it is the RMWeb traffic which has ilicited the recent response

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I'd already read this some time ago but it reveals that there are 2 directors with the same surname, one of which was born in 52 and the other in 83 possibly being Mother and Son (or some other family relationship). The company address is the same as Dart ( although that could be an accommodation address) and it is the same unusual surname owning both companies.

No where is there a mention of 'Samantha' owning the business, and I would question why someone with a family life that has such pressure is put forward as the owner, unless to illicit sympathy (which it has) 

How dare you say that about my family.

We do not want sympathy from anyone. My son is the way he is and that's life I was speaking the truth about my situation. I could lie if that's better. I never said I was the owner of the company. My husband is and I was running it!!!!

I am absolutely disgusted with this comment. If you do not have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

• Agree 1

I think this thread should be locked or deleted and an embargo placed on any further comment.

This matter is not doing anyone any favours and it’s getting beyond the point where reputational damage has been done to all participants which must include RMweb and it’s owners

• RMweb Premium

Samantha,

Mick

Well done - satisfied now?

We went through all this very recently - it's all there to read for those who can be bothered. Thanks to you, anyone wanting some of the more esoteric loco etches (formerly) on the market will have to do without.

Is there really so little going on in your life that the non-arrival of the bits to build a new plaything assumes the proportions of a full-blown world crisis?

Had you bothered to read a few back posts you would have been aware of what to expect when you placed your order. Falcon Brassworks has never pretended that it offers Amazon service, and most of us have sufficient patience to accept that proviso.

But - as is so often the case in the current I-Want-It-Now !! world, it only takes one insensitive person to spoil things for those with more consideration.

Thanks a lot !!

John Isherwood.

Well done folks... Sam had already described the situation, if only people would read & understand. With a bit of patience people who have been able to source kits, & now nobody can.

Sorry 'we' have forced you into this decision Sam. All the best.