Falcon Brassworks

cctransuk

Without taking this thread down the same road I'd like to make a comment about the 2 people who posted, as already posters are presuming them to be villains without seeing the thread.

The comments they made were not derogatory but noted that they are not really kits but poor etches, and that timescales for ordering were too long. These were reasoned comments and a trader should be able to take note of this as customer feedback. They were then subjected to some very nasty and personal comments which have no place on any forum. Then based upon 2 people posting negative comments a part owner of the range then said they would take the whole range down (which is a very strange business decision).

I thought that the behaviour of some of those posting was tantamount to bullying and was unacceptable, and quite frankly the thread belonged in the ether never to be seen again.

There are only a couple of items in the range that interest me but I would think twice about purchasing them. I did note that although Retro-man posted a pic of his etches which met with positive comments, I also noted that at £70+ he has started another thread asking for instructions. Bearing in mind that you can purchase a kit such as a J6 from London Rd models for just over £100 with full and comprehensive instructions they are to my mind a little overpriced (and yes I do know what the costs of etching are) so the comments that sparked the vitriol that led to the threads deletion were not unwarranted.

Hi Chris

Having just read your comment with regards to being part owner. I would just like to inform you that I run this company completely single handed. Everything that goes on in the company and the final decision is made by myself. Whilst I may ask for advise from the rest of my family, that is all it is advice.

Also if I do decide to keep the business going. I shall be designing a whole new website as the current one is extremely outdated and needs a complete revamp.

I do also have copies of every set of instructions and will happily send copies by email. However I am away this weekend so it will be next week now.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Chris

Having just read your comment with regards to being part owner. I would just like to inform you that I run this company completely single handed. Everything that goes on in the company and the final decision is made by myself. Whilst I may ask for advise from the rest of my family, that is all it is advice.

Hello.

I have no issue with how you wish to run the company, that's between yourself and your customers, it was the treatment given to a couple of members here by others I didn't like.

I would though say that your website says this

Falcon Brassworks now has new owners - Nigel, Jackie, Peter and Sam. Some of you will recognise Nigel as one of the owners of Dart Castings/MJT Scale Components.

Someone browsing the web looking for a kit would presume that there are a few more hands on deck to help.

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

• Like 3

Yes Chris I totally agree with you regarding the website and if I decide to keep the business going I will be looking at creating a brand new website. With new terms ECT to suit working around my children.

I would have been so much easier if all 4 of us were on board but unfortunately it has mot worked out that way. I did have the unfortunate opportunity to read the dreadful tread on here over the weekend and it turned so nasty which is something I never thought happened between the male population

Never the less I thank you for your comment and hope you will support any decision I make on the future of the business.

Yes Chris I totally agree with you regarding the website and if I decide to keep the business going I will be looking at creating a brand new website. With new terms ECT to suit working around my children.

I would have been so much easier if all 4 of us were on board but unfortunately it has mot worked out that way. I did have the unfortunate opportunity to read the dreadful tread on here over the weekend and it turned so nasty which is something I never thought happened between the male population

Never the less I thank you for your comment and hope you will support any decision I make on the future of the business.

Possibly "GOOD" news Samantha,,,,, I certainly hope so.

This is your business,,, your decisions are all that counts.

I hope you now feel there is a future for the kits,,, which could generate revenue's to improve the old range and extend into the future.

Good luck,,,,      but don't forget your family!!!

SAD  :sadclear:

Guest Lyonesse

Samantha,

That's very gracious of you.  I do hope you decide to keep the business and are able to build a new website.  But I think that if you decide to call it quits, that the potential return is not worth the hassle, then most folk here will understand and support you.

• RMweb Gold

it turned so nasty which is something I never thought happened between the male population

You poor girl. .  .you've never been subjected to two bricklayers arguing . . .it's trowels at dawn some days.

As for plasterers. . .lets just not go there.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Please, do we really need this. I really hope Samantha keeps it going. I know how hard it is with family issues. I personally am quite happy with the etches and see them as a scratch building aid. You have to do what is right for your family and most of us will respect you, whatever your decision. There will however be some that always want perfection, yesterday and for nothing. Personally I hope you keep going as there are some things I want to order.

Good evening everyone

Firstly I would just like to express how thankful i am for all your support. I am overwhelmed with how kind you all are.

As I said in my last post I am not doing this because model rail is something I am interested in I was doing to as my husband and mother in law bought the business and did not have the time to carry it on. I at the time thought I did and was happy to keep a business alive for others to get enjoyment out of. I just felt at the weekend this was not the case and didn't want to continue for no reason.

However, having read everyone's comments I few awful that it may be coming to an end. My husband is actually off tomorrow as we have an appointment for our son at guys hospital in London and while we wait to been seen (always long waits at hospitals) we shall have a serious chat about how to move forward.

Once again I can not thank you all enough

Samantha

Samantha

I have not attempted to build any of these, but understand what is on offer and should I try would accept whatever shortcomings there are in the etchings themselves. Far to many ranges have been lost and what remains are precious to those who make use of them. So what if someone has to wait for delivery- I well remember when ‘please allow 28 days for delivery’ was the norm: having to wait a bit longer should not be a problem (it wouldn’t be for me) so I hope you take into account that not everyone expects instant internet gratification!

More importantly, I hope the appointment at the hospital goes well.

Best wishes

Steve

Samantha

Its not just RMweb or the internet, actors and those in the public eye have for years received criticism, some read it others just don't bother 

Whilst I read most of what was written, I think that the comments could be read two ways. I think all of us can sympathise with your situation and understand that your day job is looking after your family and this rightly comes first. I think most would be happy for the range to continue, even if this means long lead times

Thanks again for taking the time to reply and good luck with the hospital visit

• RMweb Gold

Regarding quality of etchings, how many plastic kits (barring a couple of recent ones I have built) go together without a bit of 'easing' or some filler? 

Roof profile different to the ends, floors different size to the body parts, solebars too long or too short, brake gear that doesn't fit between the wheels to name just a few things I have come across in about 100 wagon kits I have built across the years.

..... I well remember when ‘please allow 28 days for delivery’ was the norm: having to wait a bit longer should not be a problem .....

Slightly OT, but if you are a customer of Ultrascale, for example, you can still benefit from traditional delivery times, albeit it's more like 228 days for delivery rather than 28, but there you go.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

just a quick question, is Falcon Brassworks still Live? The reason I ask is that i placed a Web order 26th November last year and have received nothing yet. That is far longer that 28 days now.

Two follow-up emails have gone unanswered as well.

Tim T

just a quick question, is Falcon Brassworks still Live? The reason I ask is that i placed a Web order 26th November last year and have received nothing yet. That is far longer that 28 days now.

Two follow-up emails have gone unanswered as well.

Tim T

Same problem mine since mid October , all emails unanswered . The owner Samantha hasn't been on here since December.

• RMweb Premium

I ordered something the other day as I thought I remembered reading somewhere on here that someone had actually received something from FB, and surprisingly fast. Not sure if I dreamt it... 

Anyway, it said to allow 12 weeks for delivery. (EDIT: this is in the confirmation email, once one has paid; the website just says orders may take 6 weeks if castings need to be sourced - clearly not the case with etches only) 

Their website says they'll be at Tonbridge show on 17th February. Perhaps someone who can attend can get an unequivocal answer as to whether or not they are actually back in business - or back out of business again. 

Edited by Daddyman