Accurascale Announce OO HUO - NEW PRE-TOPS RUN ANNOUNCED 23/07/2020

• RMweb Gold

So, if at any point I’m lying down asleep on the floor on Saturday you guys know why! :)

Of course, we'll have the obligatory poking stick on hand for anyone who wants a go at waking up Fran...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A set of HUO bought at Perth, fitted with P4 wheels midweek and running reliably on the Risborough & District new P4 layout, Aylesbury last Friday.

No adjustments, hacking of plastic or melting of axleboxes to fit bearings was needed.

That is what I call good design.

Good to meet you at Perth and we're glad you like them! :) 

• RMweb Premium

I'd like to bring to peoples attention an amazing piece of customer service from Accurascale.

A couple of weeks back I mentioned on a layouts Facebook site that I'd had a few wagons delivered where the brake lever guards were slightly mis-shaped. Not the end of the world you'd think but I was contacted by Patrick Conroy, Accurascale's Research, Development and New Projects Director offering to have the wagons concerned collected and replaced. I was quite taken aback by this but asked if it were possible to obtain some replacement guards and some handbrake levers as I'd damaged some whilst converting them to EM.

Sure enough, a supply of guards arrived earlier this week with the promise of handbrake levers to follow.

Splendid customer service in my view and as soon as my credit card has recovered, I'll be ordering some of the upcoming Cemflows.

Douglas

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I'd like to bring to peoples attention an amazing piece of customer service from Accurascale.

A couple of weeks back I mentioned on a layouts Facebook site that I'd had a few wagons delivered where the brake lever guards were slightly mis-shaped. Not the end of the world you'd think but I was contacted by Patrick Conroy, Accurascale's Research, Development and New Projects Director offering to have the wagons concerned collected and replaced. I was quite taken aback by this but asked if it were possible to obtain some replacement guards and some handbrake levers as I'd damaged some whilst converting them to EM.

Sure enough, a supply of guards arrived earlier this week with the promise of handbrake levers to follow.

Splendid customer service in my view and as soon as my credit card has recovered, I'll be ordering some of the upcoming Cemflows.

Douglas

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for the kind words. Happy to help! :)

Patrick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Patrick tracked down this excellent picture of a 25 and a rake of HUOs on limestone duty on the superb Derby Sulzers site http://www.derbysulzers.com/25271wirksworth.jpg

(apparently there's a lot of talk of 25s today, so we thought we'd add to the conversation!) 

Edited by 071
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Patrick tracked down this excellent picture of a 25 and a rake of HUOs on limestone duty on the superb Derby Sulzers site http://www.derbysulzers.com/25271wirksworth.jpg

(apparently there's a lot of talk of 25s today, so we thought we'd add to the conversation!) 

Wirksworth would make a nice basis for a layout, too.

Hmm...

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

post-7114-0-50405100-1531221767.png

Another day, another excellent review of our first model, the 4mm HUOs, this time in Model Rail.

We obviously think that the models are pretty special, but if you want an unbiased opinion you can check out the August issue and see what they had to say, along with the July Rail Express Modeller and the other magazines due out this month! 

• Like 2

Good to see you getting good reviews, as we all know it's a great model and deserve to do very well.

I won't be buying this edition of  model rail though. I'm waiting for the edition that reviews the Accura class 40, should be the christmas edition, no?

Yes, I'm ready to put my order in for the magazine and I think the wife is intending to surprise me with the class 40 for Christmas.

• RMweb Premium

A couple of weeks back I mentioned on a layouts Facebook site that I'd had a few wagons delivered where the brake lever guards were slightly mis-shaped. Not the end of the world you'd think but I was contacted by Patrick Conroy, Accurascale's Research, Development and New Projects Director(snip)....

Douglas

Another similar example https://otcm.wordpress.com/2018/07/13/thank-you-even-more-accurascale/ not just a good news story, but the whole blog is a good read too. It’s good to see a manufacturer taking a pro active approach to supporting their products (Rapido has a similar mindset), hopefully they’ll continue in the same vein going forward. Edited by PMP

• RMweb Gold

Another similar example https://otcm.wordpress.com/2018/07/13/thank-you-even-more-accurascale/ not just a good news story, but the whole blog is a good read too. It’s good to see a manufacturer taking a pro active approach to supporting their products (Rapido has a similar mindset), hopefully they’ll continue in the same vein going forward.

We feel that good customer service is as important as the accuracy and fit and finish of our models. If anyone ever has any problems we would always encourage them to email us at info@accurascale.co.uk and we will work to solve any issues arising. You are spending your hard earned notes with us and we want you to be as happy as possible with what you are getting in return.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Other than the running numbers and decoration, are these exactly the same as the cheaper non limited production runs, which incidently already come in lots of different running numbers?

They come in a different, very pretty (it really is, Patrick did a class job on it) box and a limited edition cert too! It also helps raise some funds for the national collection, which is good for all us enthusiasts! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good point, well made. I look forward to them commissioning a D200 Ltd edition of your class 40. Coming out next spring you said?

No no no...

It’s after the 6 wheel milk tanker..., that used to roll almost right past their Wimbledon offices to Morden.

(Interesting side fact, the Accurascale UK office is Hallowed ground....it’s located on the same site which was once home to Lines Brothers Triang works)

https://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/index/Category:Tri-ang

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

(Interesting side fact, the Accurascale UK office is Hallowed ground....it’s located on the same site which was once home to Lines Brothers Triang works)

https://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/index/Category:Tri-ang

Why else do you think we're doing the cemflo? We found the moulds in the closet under the stairs! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Why else do you think we're doing the cemflo? We found the moulds in the closet under the stairs!

do us a favour, if you find this one...

http://www.tri-ang.co.uk/battleturbo.htm

Leave it there, something’s are best lost to history.

;-)

But if you find this one....

http://www.tri-ang.co.uk/ici.htm

I don’t think there would be too many complaints. ;-)

• RMweb Gold

And also in Hornby magazine, should you need further convincing! :)

The magazine reviews seem to have had a very positive influence as orders have come in thick and fast over the past couple of weeks. So much so that we are starting to run low on pre TOPS stock (we probably shouldve made more, but oh well!) so if you're thinking about getting some we would advise to make the decision soon to avoid missing out.

In further good news, DC kits will have some of our stock for sale (both Accurascale and IRM) on his stands at exhibitions around the country, so keep an eye out for their stand at the next show you attend if you fancy a frivolous purchase of some hoppers, or indeed some obscure Irish wagon! 

Cheers,

Fran