Accurascale Announce OO HUO - NEW PRE-TOPS RUN ANNOUNCED 23/07/2020

• RMweb Gold

post-7114-0-35568200-1537798365_thumb.jpg

In other news, our hoppers have been short listed in the 'OO Rolling Stock of the Year' category in the forthcoming Hornby Magazine Model Railway Awards for 2018. We are up against some impressive opposition of course and it would be amazing for us to pick up an award for our humble hoppers, but should you guys deem them worthy we certainly would appreciate the vote! The poll is open till October 1st and you can vote here with prizes on offer for voters. https://hornbymagazine.keypublishing.com/2018/09/13/Hornby-magazine-model-railway-awards-2018/

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

attachicon.gifIMG_2800.JPG

In other news, our hoppers have been short listed in the 'OO Rolling Stock of the Year' category in the forthcoming Hornby Magazine Model Railway Awards for 2018. We are up against some impressive opposition of course and it would be amazing for us to pick up an award for our humble hoppers, but should you guys deem them worthy we certainly would appreciate the vote! The poll is open till October 1st and you can vote here with prizes on offer for voters. https://hornbymagazine.keypublishing.com/2018/09/13/Hornby-magazine-model-railway-awards-2018/

Cheers!

Fran

Just got my vote, very pleased with mine.  :imsohappy:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thinking about buying the set for Thorpe Marsh Power Station for the early 1960s but would these have been  mixed with other hopper wagons like the Hornby Ex LNER type and the Parkside BR Hopper kit ?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Michael Delamar said:

Thanks, it was the strake in the centre which made me question.

I only ever found one without the chamfer on the central stanchion but it was on one of the later builds with the asymmetric brake push rods!

The chamfer is to allow the use of extension handle by Teemers when discharging without trapping hands!

Mark Saunders

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 06/02/2019 at 08:37, Michael Delamar said:

Cheers, these may not be either but thought it may be of interest. 

Nice video Michael

Looks like there are two 21 tonners there - an Ex LNER with the long brake handle and a BR  one - not sure about the 3rd one

Cheers

Phil

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, OOgaugeJaf said:

Picked up my first batch of HUO’s at Pontefract exhibition the other weekend. Brilliant models. Mine will be mixed in with the Hornby 21tonners. Will be definitely getting another batch. 

Are there a new number batch coming out in the future?

Hi Jaf,

im sure we will do new numbers in pre TOPS guise at some point in the future!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Phil Bullock said:

Ah you'll have us all running block trains before long Fran!

Phil

Block trains of our wagons makes our accountant very happy Phil, and means we can pay for more tooling of more models! Everyone’s a winner as Delboy Trotter used to say.

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, 071 said:

Block trains of our wagons makes our accountant very happy Phil, and means we can pay for more tooling of more models! Everyone’s a winner as Delboy Trotter used to say.

Cheers!

Fran

Cushdy!

Mind you suitable top notch motive power would keep accountants - and motive power superintendents -  even more happy! A Deltic on HUOs? Hmmm suspect Cemflos more likely....

Hee hee

Phil

• Funny 1

22 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Cushdy!

Mind you suitable top notch motive power would keep accountants - and motive power superintendents -  even more happy! A Deltic on HUOs? Hmmm suspect Cemflos more likely....

Hee hee

Phil

Ah! The definitive class 40 debate rears its ugly head again.

Love it.

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a couple of quick pictures of my HUO wagons on my layout. Sorry for the quality of the pictures taken on my phone. In my opinion they look even better when they're weathered. 

Craig 

IMG_20190303_120742.jpg

IMG_20190303_120731.jpg

Edited by Craig85
Typo
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1