Accurascale Announce OO HUO - NEW PRE-TOPS RUN ANNOUNCED 23/07/2020

Thanks man for the kind words and order! They seem to be going down well which is very heartening for us! So much so we might make an announcement on something new during the week now we know what you guys like what we do...

It feels like an age since this announcement about an announcement, but it's only been 3 days. 

Are we there yet?

Those lovely blokes from the emerald isle have been showing interest in another topic. A PCV would be like a dream come true.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It feels like an age since this announcement about an announcement, but it's only been 3 days. 

Are we there yet?

Those lovely blokes from the emerald isle have been showing interest in another topic. A PCV would be like a dream come true.

We have? News to me! 

I just think of 'Paint your Wagon' when I see them yokes! Maybe we like throwing decoy info out there? :) 

Received my HUO's today and they are fantastic the best wagon in terms of detail and quality in OO gauge I have seen. Really looking forward to your other projects and the TOPS wagons in the near future. Great work lads.

Cheers

Craig

• RMweb Gold

Received my HUO's today and they are fantastic the best wagon in terms of detail and quality in OO gauge I have seen. Really looking forward to your other projects and the TOPS wagons in the near future. Great work lads.

Cheers

Craig

Many thanks for your kind words and custom Craig!

• RMweb Gold

post-7114-0-29662600-1528737859_thumb.jpg

We have seen a surge of orders for HUOs over the last week or so as they find their way onto layouts and blogs across the UK which has been fantastic! Though, it also means that some of the pre TOPS packs are around 66% sold at this stage! Thank you to everyone who has ordered so far, and we hope you like them. If you're debating about getting some, we would advise to act soon to avoid disappointment as we wont repeat these running numbers again! 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

We ran an open evening with our friends at the South Dublin Model Railway Club where we did a 'meet and greet', unveiled some IRM pre-production goodness and had lots of tea! We also gave a nice long rake of HUOs a run out with suitable pre TOPS traction and a even managed to find a brake van this time! 

We'd love to see some more videos in action on your layouts if you guys feel like posting them?

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

There’s an in-depth review of the HUOs in the latest edition of Rail Express Modeller, with a nice feature on the prototypes too. Handy if you are waiting to see if our model matches up with their high demand for quality, prototype fidelity and information about the real ones if you’re looking for an excuse to justify them on your layouts!

Also, don’t forget that Patrick and I will be at the Perth show this weekend on stand 15 with stock for sale. Drop by and say hi!

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to Derek Smith of the Tanfield Railway for this photograph of the last intact HUO, B336817, with its Accurascale equivalent:

20180612_151457b.jpg

This is the very wagon Richard and I surveyed on October 23rd last year. The cut-down 1/155 pattern HUO can be seen sneaking into view on the right.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I'll have another set from you boys on Saturday, all being well. :-)

Davy.

Looking forward to meeting you, Davy! I’m currently packing up and about to leave Florida, fly into Dublin in the morning, then fly to Glasgow very early Saturday and train from Queen street to the show! I should get there by 10:30 all going well, but Patrick will be there from opening looking after you all! So, if at any point I’m lying down asleep on the floor on Saturday you guys know why! :)