Bachmann 2 EPB

Summer_Saturday

Great news for all the NSE fans Bachmann have put the NSE flashes on the front and back of the blue/grey 2EPB and also the NSE branding on the side B)

Rotten news for all the early blue/grey fans Bachmann have put the NSE flashes on the front and back of the blue/grey 2EPB and also the NSE branding on the side

(and 'Kent Link' stickers and red stripes and headlights). :mad:

One man's meat is another man's poison...

Brilliant cant wait for it to come out now and good to see it has NEM couplings on the front so it can also be dragged round by a 37 or whatever you fancy or you could re-create the East kent railway with the Green one :D

James

Unfortunately, it looks like the NEM pockets at the outer ends of the unit - like on the 4CEP, and most Bachmann diesels - are moulded into the bogie frames. They are thus completely and utterly absolutely useless for close-coupling. Roco (or other) close couplers cannot be used, because the NEM pocket is not even pivoted on the bogie frame, let alone mounted on a close-coupling cam like the inner-end couplers or those on the Bachmann Mk 1 coaches.

The only way to achieve close coupling between units is to cut the NEM pocket and part of the frame away and try to fit a thrid-party close coupling mechanism.

Having gone to the laudable effort of providing close coupling within the unit, Bachmann have ruined it with primitive outer-end couplings. Silly Bachmann!

After all, close coupling has been standard on continental HO models for over thirty years, including on Bachmann (Liliput) models, so it's not as though they don't know how to do it properly.

• RMweb Premium
Having gone to the laudable effort of providing close coupling within the unit, Bachmann have ruined it with primitive outer-end couplings. Silly Bachmann!

Are they not merely replicating reality? Trains of 6x2EPB (or 6x2Hap for that matter) were not permitted because despite platforms and signal sections being set up for 12-car operation the high number of intermediate couplers made the resulting train over-length. B)

Rotten news for all the early blue/grey fans Bachmann have put the NSE flashes on the front and back of the blue/grey 2EPB and also the NSE branding on the side

Hi,

Fair point "One man's meat is another man's poison" Sorry if i offended any early blue/grey fans:(

Thanks Darren NSE DAZ

Purely out of interest, I would note that the second volume of David Brown's new history of the Southern Electric is now out.

Called "Southern Electric, Volume Two: Main Line Electrification, the war years and British Railways".

See, for instance ;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Southern-Electric-2-David-Brown/dp/1854143409/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291224158&sr=1-2

(Other retailers may sell it cheaper).

Good comment Gwiwer :D

Yeah brilliant news :lol: Guess you could remove them ??:huh:

Unfortunately, it looks like the NEM pockets at the outer ends of the unit - like on the 4CEP, and most Bachmann diesels - are moulded into the bogie frames. They are thus completely and utterly absolutely useless for close-coupling. Roco (or other) close couplers cannot be used, because the NEM pocket is not even pivoted on the bogie frame, let alone mounted on a close-coupling cam like the inner-end couplers or those on the Bachmann Mk 1 coaches.

The only way to achieve close coupling between units is to cut the NEM pocket and part of the frame away and try to fit a thrid-party close coupling mechanism.

After all, close coupling has been standard on continental HO models for over thirty years, including on Bachmann (Liliput) models, so it's not as though they don't know how to do it properly.

Oh right yeah see what you mean now though not really a problem for me but I guess it is for you ??

Btw where have Bachmann updated the info on the website cant see it anywhere :unsure:

ATB

James

Hi

Anyone in Cardiff/South Wales ?

Lord and Butler have recieved their commisioned pre-production and running Green SYP 2EPB and is on display in their shop in Cardiff,

A great looking model and what a lovely smooth runner,...........wish i modelled the Southern,or one for the display case, give it the once over :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BrianT

• RMweb Premium

You were posting while I was looking. Nothing up yet at all apart from a basic listing of Dirty Boy stock and services. If they'd care to quote me for a weathered syp 2EPB I'd be happy to part with a fair amount for it.

• RMweb Premium

Has the exact livery specification for the Lord & Butler L/E been confirmed? I've seen that it's to be 5759 in green as preserved, so isn't that with full yellow fronts rather than SYP? I'm waiting for a SYP green version as ran in BR service.

Hi All,

IIRC 5759 is still Green with SYP.

2008, shown here after repaint ... http://photosbyjosh.fotopic.net/p48201450.html

And 2009,

57592009.jpg

Not been there for a while, but I'm pretty sure it still is SYP.

HTH

Mike

Has the exact livery specification for the Lord & Butler L/E been confirmed? I've seen that it's to be 5759 in green as preserved, so isn't that with full yellow fronts rather than SYP? I'm waiting for a SYP green version as ran in BR service.

• RMweb Gold

The one on their stand at Warley was finished with SYP. This is confirmed by the picture on the sales leaflet I picked up. Cost is £109.95 whilst custom weathering will be another £25 if required.

• RMweb Gold

You need to use two fingers to scroll up and down the new releases page on the iPhone/Ipad. Just make sure you are touching the screen with two fingers and within the frame the list is in.

Tom.

The iPhone incompatibility is a real pain, especially when you want to check the site during work hours and not let your colleagues see! :-)

Archived