Bachmann 2 EPB

Summer_Saturday

Dunno if I'll be ordering one of these........the seats look a little 'hard', where are the big, comfy cushions ? What a glaring ommission :P

Seriously........you can't NOT order one, Bachmann have really done a grand job with this.

I am curious as to why we cant have pukka working buckeyes though, as they have got these in 'N' gauge haven't they(?) and it would be yet another selling point.

Can't wait for mine, only possible though as a result of investigating my taxes and getting a small cheque in the post, ta muchly ! :D

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Would be very interested provided it doesn't end up with the headlight. That should come off easily enough through the CAD/CAM stage as per the mainstream green version of course, but these things don't always go as we'd hope. With some L&B custom weathering as well, please.

All,

I have just phoned Lord and Butler and now have the following information - direct from the horses mouth!

It will be as shown on the Drawing from the flyer in the post above ..

NO Headlight!

The Livery is suitable for late 60's, very early 70's!

I was told the expected delivery date is now Mid - February!

The VAT increase to 20% has caused the Price to rise to £112-50!

Expect reviews and more model picture to be in the mainstream MR mags January Issues too!

Hope that this information sorts out the questions and allows people to order with conficence!

E&OE apply :D

Mike

..............The Livery is suitable for late 60's, very early 70's! ..................

Two questions ;

1: Surely, IF it is Green with small yellow panels then it is really suitable for mid-60s (with a few towards the end) ?????

2: And a question, the "flyer shows one crest per side (i.e. only on one coach of the pair) - is that correct ?

• RMweb Gold

2: And a question, the "flyer shows one crest per side (i.e. only on one coach of the pair) - is that correct ?

Yes that's correct: only motor coaches on SR EMUs had the crest.

That means my Christmas present from my wife is now going to be in March/June. :( The train now standing on Platform 4 will be delayed slightly ... by four months or so! Please adjust your sundials accordingly.

I am very tempted to get the Blue/Grey one with the NSE branding, don't need one but it looks very tempting and I can always plan a future southern layout as the 205 in NSE would also be nice! I'm never too fussed about when a new model appears and at least Bachmann put the planned dates on their website so gives you a guide as to what to save for.

Mark

Two questions ;

1: Surely, IF it is Green with small yellow panels then it is really suitable for mid-60s (with a few towards the end) ?????

Hi All

Don't ask me, ask Lord and Butler.

The flyer has a phone number and an Email address ... if you have more questions let your digits do the walking ( to paraphrase a Ad of the time !)

The flyer shows the commisioned item to BE Green SYP livery, so there is no IF about it is there ? :blink:

I have reported the statements, correctly, given to me by the person at the other end of the phone.

Mike

• RMweb Gold

I phoned Lord and Butler yesterday but got no answer.....a few minutes later they phoned back apologising for missing my call. Ordered a pristine 2-EPB (which resides down the road to me although I've never seen it) and found the guy very pleasant to deal with and very helpful - also ordered a new lightly weathered Presflo set and the guy asked if I wanted them sent in one package together or sent individually as they arrive. Could not of been more helpful. Very nice people to deal with

Forgot to ask him one question.....why would a shop in Cardiff be commissioning a 2-EPB which would never have got close to Cardiff....unless some passed on the way to the scrapyard...

Keith

• RMweb Premium

All,

I have just phoned Lord and Butler and now have the following information - direct from the horses mouth!

It will be as shown on the Drawing from the flyer in the post above ..

NO Headlight!

The Livery is suitable for late 60's, very early 70's!

I was told the expected delivery date is now Mid - February!

The VAT increase to 20% has caused the Price to rise to £112-50!

Expect reviews and more model picture to be in the mainstream MR mags January Issues too!

Hope that this information sorts out the questions and allows people to order with conficence!

E&OE apply :D

Mike

SYP and no headlight is good news indeed. But surely this livery variant should be a standard release - I'm not sure I can justify the extra cost compared with the around £80 being charged by the box shifters for a standard release.

Here is a photo of our pre-production 2 EPB complete with a quickly lashed up third rail! The model has no headlight but should you choose to add one you could get away with it on a present day layout as it represents a preserved example. All drawings and livery detailing have been carefully checked by Bob Baines, chairman of the 2EPB Group to ensure the model is as correct as possible for the 1960s period. The only thing I can't help you with is an exact delivery but I suspect it may be later rather than sooner!

Adrian Butler,

post-10499-029450700 1292261652_thumb.jpgLord and Butler, Cardiff

• RMweb Gold

Droooool..... (but are the digits for the unit number just a tad too big?)

Bill

That was my second thought too, my first being what a magnificent model this is going to be.

Here is a photo of our pre-production 2 EPB complete with a quickly lashed up third rail! The model has no headlight but should you choose to add one you could get away with it on a present day layout as it represents a preserved example. All drawings and livery detailing have been carefully checked by Bob Baines, chairman of the 2EPB Group to ensure the model is as correct as possible for the 1960s period. The only thing I can't help you with is an exact delivery but I suspect it may be later rather than sooner!

Adrian Butler,

Lord and Butler, Cardiff

A lovely photo.

I presume that the compartment walls/bulkheads are all present and correct ?

Will you post an example / examples of your weathered versions in due course (I presume there will be "light" and "heavy" versions).

That was my second thought too, my first being what a magnificent model this is going to be.

That was the second thing that struck me too. The shade of Green looks better tho'. Or that may due to the lighting ?

Overall, 'A Little Beaut'. :good_mini: Thanks for the preview, Mr. Butler.

• RMweb Premium

are the digits for the unit number just a tad too big?

They look a tad big in the image. They come up fractionally over-size when compared with contemporary photographs; it might be the spacing of the digits or the thickness of the printing as the difference is quite small. I realise this is a pre-production sample and there is ample time to adjust this but given the attention to detail across the rest of the model (and the Cep models which have the right font for their set numbers) I would hope that it will be attended to.

Slightly larger numerals were used in earlier times but not so far as I can locate in the SYP era and in general not in the EPB era at all.

That said the model is looking good, is likely to appear on the shopping list, and gives a good idea of what the 2H should look like for Kernow's customers since the overall design is similar on those units.

Compare the L&B sample with this image http://www.southernelectric.org.uk/sales/foxley0042_5205.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to go off-topic, but does anyone know off the top of their head if the second batch of their L/E Presflos will have TOPS or pre-TOPS markings ? if not, I'll drop them a mail, and start a new thread.......

I seem to be missing something here. What has this to do with 2-EPBs, please?

Adrian Butler,

post-10499-029450700 1292261652_thumb.jpgLord and Butler, Cardiff

Hello Adrian

What a truly delightful model. Despite my unswerving preference for kettles, I would find a pre-nationalisation equivalent (2NOL, 2BIL, 4COR) irresistible.

PB

Sorry to go off-topic, but does anyone know off the top of their head if the second batch of their L/E Presflos will have TOPS or pre-TOPS markings ? if not, I'll drop them a mail, and start a new thread.......

Yes very much off topic, I do suggest that an email to the supplier would be the best course of action to get the information from the correct source as it were.

Archived