Little Loco Company - Class 22

The Nth Degree

Is a comment like that really worthy of this forum?

Tim

That's mild, mate. You've only been here a few days. Tongue-in-cheek comments like that about rucksacks, B.O., etc etc are par for the course when it comes to commenting about the Warley Show ;) or several others, come to that. 

I had an email update too, & the delay is a knock-on from an issue regarding the Rustons production.

I won't go into detail here but it increases my admiration for Steve and his determination with these ventures, as I would've asked "who wants the agravation?" & thrown in the towel ages ago..!!

Can anyone be so kind as to pass the update on to me? I haven't received one for some reason, although I am a 'funder' and I should be very interested to know the latest.... do please PM me if you would (anyone who has the info!))

Thanks,

Giles

• Friendly/supportive 1

Can anyone be so kind as to pass the update on to me? I haven't received one for some reason, although I am a 'funder' and I should be very interested to know the latest.... do please PM me if you would (anyone who has the info!))

Thanks,

Giles

Just sent you a copy

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Any more news coming?   Not heard anything for three months and when logging into the LLC site and my account it says I have no orders and no per-orders even though I am a funder of the Cl22 (and was of the Cl15 as well).......bit puzzled.

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

Any more news coming?   Not heard anything for three months and when logging into the LLC site and my account it says I have no orders and no per-orders even though I am a funder of the Cl22 (and was of the Cl15 as well).......bit puzzled.

I've emailed LLCo a couple of times in the last few months but have not received a reply. I have also noticed that Steve himself has not visited here for a while. I do hope everything is OK. I have a similar issue to yourself with my pre-order, but for the Ruston 48ds. I in no way want to pester or chase, I am just concerned; as long as he is alright and well that is all that matters. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, alibuchan said:

Steve posted on the LLC Facebook page in Feb to say that the Ruston was 8-12 weeks away. But did also say he had been ill since Christmas. Might be worth trying to contact through there. 

Not on FB :(

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, alibuchan said:

Steve posted on the LLC Facebook page in Feb to say that the Ruston was 8-12 weeks away. But did also say he had been ill since Christmas. Might be worth trying to contact through there. 

58 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Not on FB :(

I am not on FB either but I think that last message was posted on here. Let's hope everything is alright, Steve's health is far more important than our toy trains. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, south_tyne said:

I am not on FB either but I think that last message was posted on here. Let's hope everything is alright, Steve's health is far more important than our toy trains. 

Not disagreeing with you there..........just wondering why it has been so quiet.

• Friendly/supportive 1

30 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Not disagreeing with you there..........just wondering why it has been so quiet.

Defintely. I think we will all want to give Steve out best wishes and support. 

• Agree 3

From the LLC Facebook page.

1) dated February 6

Sorry all, I've been ill over Christmas and January. A bacterial infection followed immediately by a viral infection. I was just too beat up to do much at all I'm afraid. I'm better now, thankfully.

As Nikki kindly conveyed for me recently, we had confirmation from the plastics factory that the superstructures of the open cab Ruston will be here in no more than 8 weeks, very possibly sooner. From there they go straight to decoration and sub-assembly. Likewise with the die-casting, we are looking at approx 8-10 weeks for delivery. These are supplied pre-painted so we move straight to sub-assembly on these. The electronics are mostly off the shelf or already in stock at LLC. The only outstanding issue we have is with the machined parts. Four separate UK companies have agreed to produce them and then pulled out, so we are now looking at overseas production, unless anyone knows somebody with a sliding head CNC lathe?

Everything is looking better than it did last year. Originally one factory was going to produce everything but gradually pulled out of producing part after part and then finally assembly. I've now found new suppliers for all the parts they pulled and have a small assembly team based in the UK waiting to receive parts. If necessary I will chisel these models from raw material to get them out so one way or another they will be released.

Apologies again for the lack of comms.

From March 14th

We have commissioned a few special editions with our last remaining stocks of Class 15 locos. All are full sound DCC (DC available for special order for £100 less) and have sympathetic weathering applied. The cost is only £499.

Available immediately are the following:
D8202 Norwich-based with large nose numbers in all green
D8204 Norwich-based with large nose numbers is all green

Available shortly are the following:
D8202 Norwich-based with alternative style nose numbers in SYP
8228 Colchester Pilot in FYE

Having sold out of the limited run of Liverpool Street Pilots, we will also commission a small rerun with the same options:
All green
Small yellow panel
Full yellow end with black buffer beams

The models are exclusively available through our ebay shop: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/littlelococo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2