The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Another scam (paypal this time)

laurenceb

• RMweb Premium

Yes, both e-mail and text.

They seem to come in bunches. We can go weeks without one but then get several in a few days.

Sometimes, the same one arrives multiple times at the same timestamp. A dead giveaway in itself, especially if you don't have such an account. Often they have different amounts, but always 5 digit sums. As a one man business, I would certainly remember whether I'd ordered that value of goods!

Whatever happened to that poor chappie from Nigeria who kept getting in touch with one and all?  Did he ever find anyone to help him get his money out of the country?  Enquiring minds need to know ...

• RMweb Premium

Whatever happened to that poor chappie from Nigeria who kept getting in touch with one and all?  Did he ever find anyone to help him get his money out of the country?  Enquiring minds need to know ...

A fiend of mine was doing some work for a firm of Philadelphia lawyers.

At one stage, they could not pay his invoice as one of the partners had taken up the faxed offer from Nigeria.

(He was working on an insurance fraud investigation for them in West Africa at the time)

It only takes one.....

Regards

Ian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Why disappoint the poor scammer ? Just make up a fictitious ID and password and send it with your apologies for trouble caused ? He/ she / It will be sooo happy ! For about 10 seconds till they try it

If they come back saying it didn't work just make up a new password and send that

A fiend of mine was doing some work for a firm of Philadelphia lawyers.

At one stage, they could not pay his invoice as one of the partners had taken up the faxed offer from Nigeria.

(He was working on an insurance fraud investigation for them in West Africa at the time)

It only takes one.....

Regards

Ian

Well those lawyers would be in double trouble for having a devil to pay ! :devil:

Brian

Edited by brigo

• RMweb Premium

Sadly, he passed away without giving his money away.

Don't you regret it now?

post-8022-0-77181800-1539051085_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just had a text telling me that my paypal account has been temporarily suspended! and if I dont confirm my id today it will be closed.

Only problem with that is I dont have one

It is similar to the phone calls I got telling me my internet account will be suspended tomorrow, I had the same call almost every day for six weeks and my internet was never disconnected!

Flight Of the Conchords had a say on that:

and part 2...

• RMweb Gold

He got scammed...

Edited by 57xx
  • Like 1

I've been getting a load of them recently apparently from women that I've been talking to online. Not that I do that. All saying stuff like "Your cute. Want to meet up?" or something similar.   :meeting:

It would help if the name it's sent by matched the name in the email.....  

There are also TV Licensing scams going around. Delete.

Jason

• RMweb Premium

I've been getting a load of them recently apparently from women that I've been talking to online. Not that I do that. All saying stuff like "Your cute. Want to meet up?" or something similar. :meeting:

It would help if the name it's sent by matched the name in the email.

Jason

You mean you want it from Denise rather than Dennis?

Had an email off E-on (supposedly), that would be virtually impossible as I'm down as 'occupier' and they don't have my details.

It was rather convincing, looks as though the scammers have lifted E-on's artwork and headers and there were no spelling mistakes.

However, it did say "we have decided to give you a refund", which was a bit of a giveaway.

Edited by E3109

• RMweb Gold

I keep getting one claiming to have taken control of my pc, switched on my webcam and recorded me visiting x rates chat sites. For $1000 worth of bit coin within 24 hours they will not share the video with all my contacts....sent consistently to my work email which doesn’t have a webcam and where the filters would prevent me reaching 95% of said sites any way (not to mention it’s an open plan office..).

• RMweb Premium

I keep getting one claiming to have taken control of my pc, switched on my webcam and recorded me visiting x rates chat sites. For $1000 worth of bit coin within 24 hours they will not share the video with all my contacts....sent consistently to my work email which doesn’t have a webcam and where the filters would prevent me reaching 95% of said sites any way (not to mention it’s an open plan office..).

So you involve all the people in your office? Kinky.