Bachmann Class 47

steveb860

Thought I'd share this pic of 47833 Captain Peter Manisty RN that I have repainted. Quite tricky to do the non-standard livery, and have to get the extra transfers in for the correct font for some of the numbers, but worth it in the end as this engine is special to me having been at the end of a train I waved off as a young guard mascot at 9 years of age to Weardale. 

attachicon.gif20160604_163220.jpg

Nice work and always feels great to have something different to everyone else !

This is now the 3rd class 47436 to burn out,

so wont be buying another one of this type.

The burnout is something to worry about,  therefore please unscrew and lift the "motherboard"  check if there is anything on the underside of the motherboard which is shorting to the chassis,  such as an oversized solder blob on the circuit board.

This is now the 3rd class 47436 to burn out,

so wont be buying another one of this type.

Bachmann have been in contact with me about this as it's not something they have seen with this product either through direct customer contact or via retailers. The only time they have seen anything similar with another product was when the loco was used with a Relco (or similar).

Did you buy each of these locos new?

If new, did you contact the retailer?

Have you tried to contact Bachmann?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just pulling my Bachmann 47436 aprt for sound and various other improvements, whilst separating the body to take out the fuel tanks the motor fell out!

Fortunately no damage, but also no screws holding the motor cradle to the block.

Ian

• 5 months later...

Can anyone with a recent (2015/2016) Class 47 tell me if Bachmann have fixed the 'banana bogies' where the whole assembly pivots slightly on the centre axle?

I have two of the 'crewe cut' locos (2014?) and both exhibit this fault. Looking at close up pictures online of recent releases, they seem better, but I have not had a chance to inspect in person

Edited by G-BOAF

• RMweb Premium

Can anyone with a recent (2015/2016) Class 47 tell me if Bachmann have fixed the 'banana bogies' where the whole assembly pivots slightly on the centre axle?

I have two of the 'crewe cut' locos (2014?) and both exhibit this fault. Looking at close up pictures online of recent releases, they seem better, but I have not had a chance to inspect in person

My D1733 and KMRC D1670 seemed alright when test running, although I can't say I've noticed the problem with earlier versions. Can't check them side by side at the moment though.

• 1 month later...

I've got what was 47365 and the bogies are fine. I had one 37 pivoting up down on centre bogie axle though

Im just using the standard Bachmann green 21 pin decoder,all my other  Bachmann class 47s are fine..

cheers neil.

One thing to be aware of with these Green 21pin decoders they do not respond to the emergency stop button on a Lenz system they just keep going and slow down relative to the brake setting in CV4 and then eventually stop !

This does not happen with the earlier 21pin Blue versions.....

I see Dutch 47 out now with sound, any ideas if it's a v4 or one you can't re blow?

Got one in the post so will let you know once I've checked it.... though I'm sure there will be plenty of folk who'll receive theirs before mine arrives down under....

My issue is they are charging full price for a sound equipped loco which up till recently had the Loc sound v4 and probably have substituted in the cheaper select decoder without either changing the price or making it obvious to the purchaser....

Got one in the post so will let you know once I've checked it.... though I'm sure there will be plenty of folk who'll receive theirs before mine arrives down under....

My issue is they are charging full price for a sound equipped loco which up till recently had the Loc sound v4 and probably have substituted in the cheaper select decoder without either changing the price or making it obvious to the purchaser....

Yes that's my major peeve, paying full price for a lesser chip, at least Hornby sell TTS stuff at the rite price.

Noticed something odd with the cab-lights on 47 001. Running it in on DC with the tank switch set ON - the lights appear to switch over ends with direction, only being on at the trailing end ?  Perhaps there has been some mods to the lighting circuits on the latest models, normally both ends are either on or off together..............

I believe only 37417 from the Highlander set and 20188 from the PW set have so far been fitted with select decoders. Anyone know otherwise?

37 796 Coal Sec and possibly 37 254 Dutch also...................see  

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/83830-Bachmann-diesel-sound-locomotives-loksound-chip-versions/  post #19

Edited by tractor_37260

I believe only 37417 from the Highlander set and 20188 from the PW set have so far been fitted with select decoders. Anyone know otherwise?

37418 was the one from the Highlander set.(32-382-HWR)

37417 was a catalogue item available sound fitted in 2013 or 2014? (32-377DS)

I thought the 37417 was before the Loksound Select started being used and it was a Loksound V4 chip in it

Yes, I meant 37418. I was getting confused (not difficult admittedly), as I bought 37417 and renumbered it 37418.