Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

The only one Rails are doing as an exclusive is 37610 which is in blue with a small BR logo as it is today. Other than that it's the same range as everywhere else IIRC.

I don't think it's like the Deltics where Rails, The DPS and Locomotion have some exclusives they are sharing. For example I think D6700 was only available from Locomotion.

Duh!  Thank you so much….yes of course it was Locomotion…..I put it down to ordering so long ago and being daft! 😃

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

I can see why people have ordered more than one Deltic.  That green looks fabulous!  

Guilty. Although my order sequence was green then blue (or actually green upgraded to green-sound, then blue-sound, just before the sound-fitted D9009 sold out with both retailers!)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Philip Jackson said:

I asked my wife if she wanted the good or bad news? Good News the Accurascale Deltics are coming. The bad news is your new car will have to wait a bit longer

Brave man!😃

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Oh I don’t know it’s so easy for them Eric…. Are there not at least 40 shades of green in Ireland? 

Better than Grey I suppose.

I wanted Meld in Green to replace my Lima one. But only available in blue (this time). So ordered that, and then later on Pizza Pinza for some green goodness.

Stretching rule 1 a bit with my mid1939 timeline for both though :D

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Whilst those of us who have orders in are frothing in anticipation am sure that is nothing to what you folks at Accurascale are feeling! A huge step for the company…. Bet there will be a huge party when they arrive.

Thanks Phil! It's been a great feeling for sure. Although not our first loco overall, it's the first for Accurascale obviously and after a tough couple of years globally it feels like things are slotting together nicely finally. Touch wood it continues to play nice as we come out of the pandemic as we have so many new models to land and more to announce for the future too!

I think it will sink in for us when we see them on layouts across the land. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Thanks Phil! It's been a great feeling for sure. Although not our first loco overall, it's the first for Accurascale obviously and after a tough couple of years globally it feels like things are slotting together nicely finally. Touch wood it continues to play nice as we come out of the pandemic as we have so many new models to land and more to announce for the future too!

I think it will sink in for us when we see them on layouts across the land. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Testing our new layout this weekend in eager anticipation! 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

If it's sound fitted, I'd make sure the scenery is stuck down well and tighten the board joins.  

Definitely … on all counts

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Please don't use that four-letter word whilst they're on the high seas !

That would be awful. Or even the loss of a container. Sure they are insured, but insurance cant magic up production slots and time....

Hope they are buried deep within a container stack as well.

5 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Better than Grey I suppose.

I wanted Meld in Green to replace my Lima one. But only available in blue (this time). So ordered that, and then later on Pizza Pinza for some green goodness.

Stretching rule 1 a bit with my mid1939 timeline for both though :D

All you need is a Police Box/Tardis but although there is plenty of room inside for the Deltic, how you get it through the door is another matter!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

I haven’t checked but have every one of them been done in the first batch or are there some missing

we’ve actually made 23 deltics in this run 

😊

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, McC said:

😊

Ok but didn’t answer the question and sorry I have been lazy is there any numbers missed , perhaps D9023 may be made one day 🤣😂🤣

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, younGGuns7 said:

Ok but didn’t answer the question and sorry I have been lazy is there any numbers missed , perhaps D9023 may be made one day 🤣😂🤣

DP2 was D9016 bodyshell, and then others shunted down one, so technically D9021 is D9022, so i’m not sure if you intended D9023 but technically your correct.

Controversially D9016 exists and is the weakest link in the preserved ones, so history could yet repeat itself, if a weak preserved 50 was to succumb.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

Controversially D9016 exists and is the weakest link in the preserved ones, so history could yet repeat itself, if a weak preserved 50 was to succumb.

There are far too many of each preserved anyway so that would be a good result.

Mike.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

There are far too many of each preserved anyway so that would be a good result.

Mike.

The Americans always have a solution…

this thing used to be an SD40-2  (class 59 in our language)… now its 1/3rd an SD40…

http://www.tractivepowercorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/TP56_20140831_Brochure.pdf

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, McC said:

😊

I took this to mean D9002 and 55002 - both specials for Rails and Locomotion.  They have different details, e.g. no high intensity headlight per the 1980's loco (55002) and with high intensity headlight as preserved (D9002).  Otherwise, I don't see any repeats.

I am perhaps surprised to not see D9016 in an earlier service livery but then I really like the Porterbrook livery as it is the only Deltic I have seen out on the mainline light loco, acting as a chase/support loco for a steam charter on the Basingstoke to Salisbury line (at Overton).

On 12/04/2022 at 15:54, G-BOAF said:

Do you have any written evidence confirming your request? I changed mine over the phone and had a written confirmation of the change the next day by email (finally my pre-orders are showing in their new website and this too confirms the sound-fitted order)

Yes it was changed via email and I received an email ackonowedgement of the change. Sadly as they have none left it doesn't matter. They don't dispute I changed it, just don't have one to give me.

• Friendly/supportive 1