Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

22 minutes ago, LaGrange said:

There's an adage that I'll use again about bringing a horse to water.......

Some people also don't like pre ordering in case it's a bag of rubbish.

I aren't in that school of thought but that is what some people do. Not sure why given if it is they can send it back.

1 minute ago, TomMcG said:

Regarding deposit, do you get it back when returning the loco for refund (as it's faulty)?

Why wouldn't you? In the same vein as you pay £30 and then the balance at the end, not the whole RRP, it's just so you are putting your money where your mouth is in terms of getting an order in. If they didn't charge the deposit then they'd probably get loads more orders and loads more cancellations and loads more left about at the end.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Why wouldn't you? In the same vein as you pay £30 and then the balance at the end, not the whole RRP, it's just so you are putting your money where your mouth is in terms of getting an order in. If they didn't charge the deposit then they'd probably get loads more orders and loads more cancellations and loads more left about at the end.

That's what I thought. Pay a deposit to secure one, if for any reason you don't want it, it's lost.

But if returned for refund you should get it all back.

Got the (partial) refund already, just waiting for the deposit.

1 minute ago, TomMcG said:

That's what I thought. Pay a deposit to secure one, if for any reason you don't want it, it's lost.

But if returned for refund you should get it all back.

Got the (partial) refund already, just waiting for the deposit.

Not sure about accura, but Rails of sheffield deposits are non refundable for cancellations, however if you returned it as faulty you should get the lot refunded.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

That seems to rule a re-run of the purple one out.

That would be a shame. Hopefully that incredible attention to detail has found a variation in the purple that would allow it to be run again slightly differently.

Otherwise that tooling variation is only good for one purple and one green run?

40 minutes ago, LaGrange said:

But Accurascale are not the Government.........

Mores the pity.  What's that? McC has declared he's standing for election as leader of the tory party, on the promise of 0% VAT on model locomotives!

At last a politician who understands my needs! 

Edited by The Ghost of IKB
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

You mean no one brought you yours on their way back from a qc visit to Birmingham!?

I didnt see that post. What does this mean for the latent demand for Purple Gordon? IIRC there were no subtle changes in its livery in the purple years (aside from the shiny refurbed power unit for a few months). But happy to be proven wrong

Customers (and the VAT man here in Dublin!) always come first, always best to do it above board and make sure everyone is catered for before taking delivery of our own. 

1 hour ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

That’s a bit rough on any who missed out first time around. Someone who couldn’t get the cash together for a purple monster before it sold out will probably never afford one on eBay😪

@McC made that comment about wagons..... (I'll try to persuade him into another run, but I can't promise anything!)

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

That's probably the best candidate for a (hypothetical for the sake of peoples wittering) repeat TBH.

Which Bachmann decoder? Some are ESU and some are Zimo IIRC.

I have absolutely no idea as I've had them awhile and basically used them in loco's until I can afford to have them sound fitted.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

You mean no one brought you yours on their way back from a qc visit to Birmingham!?

I didnt see that post. What does this mean for the latent demand for Purple Gordon? IIRC there were no subtle changes in its livery in the purple years (aside from the shiny refurbed power unit for a few months). But happy to be proven wrong

No significant livery changes but AS could do a Limited Edition box set with a Leicestershire Fire Engine and crew pumping foam into the exhaust port in a misguided attempt to put out a classic exhauster fire. Thats how its second mainline career ended ..... ;)

• Like 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

The EU models are arriving.

20220712_101103.thumb.jpg.65db48594ad6fd4c6e7b9752a3749165.jpg

Oh sh!t !!, one of those is not going to fit in my P.O. box!!😪😔

Miike

Edited by ikks
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Happy to say the first of my pre-orders has made it the West Coast USA from RoS.

All good - a few loose small items (four corner footsteps missing - annoyingly only three could be found in the packing) and one loose chain temporarily repaired with black tack. Running is excellent, no vibration at the default sound level and stay alive satisfactorily tested. Well done Accurascale on an amazing and impressive model!

Notification also received that my AS pre-order dispatched today - just the DPS one to follow hopefully some point soon.

IMG_3308 web20.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

I see there is a DCC ready purple one at over £300. I was contemplating putting bid in and then offering my sound one for sale. As nice as the sound is, I’m happy without, most of my fleet is soundless. 

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Balgrayhill said:

I agree with what you are saying  Jim, but if someone struggles with £30, model railways is the last thing they should be buying

So basically if they couldn’t afforded the 30 deposit then they could not have afforded the whole thing so really totally irrelevant. AS give everyone the best options to be offered, which other than taking out personnel’s loans you cannot knock it or am I missing something

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, SC55015 said:

All good - a few loose small items (four corner footsteps missing - annoyingly only three could be found in the packing)

I found one corner step had slipped down the side of the foam packing inside the box, and another was stuck to the inside of one of the wheels. Might be worth a check.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I find the instalments great its refreshing that a manufacturer can do this wish others would follow suit.

I have however bought all my recent Accurascale items with paypal over 3 months

It was good as you did not have to pay all of the money up front but when it was paid off after 3 months it was nice to know that when they were due for despatch you didn't suddenly have to find all the money.

I'm interested in getting some Cavalex 56's but unable to do it this way which is a shame.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Not sure about accura, but Rails of sheffield deposits are non refundable for cancellations, however if you returned it as faulty you should get the lot refunded.

Yes, no issues with Rails or other retailers at all. Found this in AS FAQs:

Reservation Fees cover the cost of admin, raising balances and processing fees, and are non refundable, but are fully deductible from the cost of completing your order.

It doesn't say what happens with faulty items returned for refund, but it would be a bad practice not to fully refund.

Haven't heard back yet since 8/7/22 though.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

That’s a bit rough on any who missed out first time around. Someone who couldn’t get the cash together for a purple monster before it sold out will probably never afford one on eBay😪

Resprays market exists.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, TomMcG said:

Yes, no issues with Rails or other retailers at all. Found this in AS FAQs:

Reservation Fees cover the cost of admin, raising balances and processing fees, and are non refundable, but are fully deductible from the cost of completing your order.

It doesn't say what happens with faulty items returned for refund, but it would be a bad practice not to fully refund.

Haven't heard back yet since 8/7/22 though.

Once the order is complete, the full amount is refundable in the case of a return (as per your consumer rights, and based  us waiving the right to charge a reasonable fee for returns) . 

Hope that helps!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

To be fair Accurascale have done more than any other manufacturer when it comes to payments…

They offer instalments, deposits, full upfront, end payments, paypal, shopify, bank transfer, credit card, gpay, apple pay…

also the option to risk free cancel was there.

youve had 4 years to make your mind up and no price rises…

there really isnt grounds to moan here, no other manufacturer or retailer has offered anything close to this level of flexibility.

indeed on these terms they should enter the retail mortgage sector…

@TomScrutis 100% on though that future runs will devalue the silly ebay prices for some of them, however lets not forget we bought them for fun, not profit didn't we ?

I think its healthy some increase in value has occured, its a pleasant change from buying endlessly falling items… only in February I bought 8 class 86’s that are now worth over £30 less each than I paid for them… i’m very glad to have skipped the APT, not only is it nearly 40% off.. Hornbys said future runs would fix that lump of capacitor too.

I’m sure the £600 prices wont last, but i’d expect the £200-250 price range to hold, anyone here prepared to argue this model isnt worth it next to a £230 class 90 or a £220 Class 60 ?

We should celebrate that Accurascale are allowing modellers get models like this at the prices we are, because i’m sure at £220 we wouldnt be buying as many of them.

The class 55 is unique, it was direct to customer only.
The class 37 may see some cashing out by retailers getting in on the action, whilst it might lift the price, they also may have a control on supply which may also act as a brake on higher prices as more of them enter the ebay circulation as they cash out.

Compare this action to say some Bachmann limited editions which often jump high compared to examples of say the Hornby Dublo range last year which have drip fed ever since.

All power to a second run, and maybe 9016 in two tone green with its headlights is a consolation / repaint candidate for others…

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1